Furlough Estimates

It’s a great example of how all social media is toxic. Dude has never met me in his life. Thinks he knows everything about me, even thinks he reads my mind. If he and I were sitting in a cockpit flying a trip together, though, probably get along just fine. This medium poisons everything and everyone in it.

ASpilot2be said:
My responses are better online because I have time to think about. My best responses usually come in the middle of the night, many hours later.

I am exactly the same in real life as I am on a forum or FB or any other on line place. I know and understand the whole keyboard warrior thing exists, because I see people who I know in real life are totally cool being complete asses on line, but I don't get how somebody get all of the sudden get BDE just because they've got a keyboard in front of them.

I mean yeah, I get it. I never profess to be a badass. I'm not. Good or bad I think that I'm *somewhat* the same in-person as online. If I had to go all introspective for a deep look. I'd say that the behavior seen here I think is very latent. I do have a rather fast mouth/quick-witted approach, both online and in person. Which has been seen in action on JC Zoom some nights. I like to give it as good as I get it. Which is the opposite I guess of Alec. I think that my sarcasm, passive-aggressiveness displayed here and sometimes in person. And my plan of attack, which is to always attack are largely born from a defensive nature/coping skill, which in laymen terms are simply survival skills. I've had trauma in my younger years from bullying because of the gay thing, racism and growing up sheltered and controlled with religion. All which I believe to be the foundation of the behaviors.

That said I guess that we just handle things different. Like I've said social media doesn't really get under my skin. I can either laugh it off. Or turn the computer or my phone off and leave it all there. That or make a snarky, passive-aggressive, sarcastic comment again as a defense or coping-skill and keep it moving. And I'm good. We all deal with • in differing ways.

Last edited:
My responses are better online because I have time to think about. My best responses usually come in the middle of the night, many hours later.
I hate it when this happens. "Damnit, that was the comeback!"

I swear a lot more in person, thankfully.
Same, but only because Derg's living room has a rather stringent profanity filter. (Always good to see you...•er)

I hate it when this happens. "Damnit, that was the comeback!"

Same, but only because Derg's living room has a rather stringent profanity filter. (Always good to see you...•er)

251F7687-82BF-4D60-95B6-E06378ADEDC4.gif

It still amazes me to see that high of a number. In 2008 when I was furloughed from PSA it was only around 76 pilots. But we were also a lot smaller of a pilot group. And the circumstances were different.

79 I think. I seem to remember that at the top of all the comms going out.

79 I think. I seem to remember that at the top of all the comms going out.

Don’t forget the entire class (last one to start) they fired right before the furlough. And then there were the ones in training who were shown the door for things like their sim partner failed a check. Yep, they both went.

Don’t forget the entire class (last one to start) they fired right before the furlough. And then there were the ones in training who were shown the door for things like their sim partner failed a check. Yep, they both went.
Wow. Glad things are different now.

Back