Furlough Estimates

I think that it's always smart to live in this industry as a celebrate and enjoy the good days and be prepared for some rough days. I think my younger generation felt this would never happen to us because of said retirements, but 2020 really reminded everyone the industry is unforgiving and can be brutal and unfair. Hopefully for the foreseeable future we have some positive days and tailwinds. Until we meet head on with another thunderstorm, sit back and enjoy the ride. :cool:

Unless you have to divert because of passenger disturbance, because ya know... That's on a very high accelerated trend...

I think that it's always smart to live in this industry as a celebrate and enjoy the good days and be prepared for some rough days. I think my younger generation felt this would never happen to us because of said retirements, but 2020 really reminded everyone the industry is unforgiving and can be brutal and unfair. Hopefully for the foreseeable future we have some positive days and tailwinds. Until we meet head on with another thunderstorm, sit back and enjoy the ride. :cool:

Unless you have to divert because of passenger disturbance, because ya know... That's on a very high accelerated trend...
That’s why I’m lucky to have an old man (who was a pilot) to explain this is a job. Never a career. Diversify.

Just make the best of it. Make good choices. Because before you know it you're pushing 50 in the right seat and you'll wonder where all of the time went, and wish that you could do it all over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eh, right seat of a pretty amazing company.

Anyway, working on age 70 next week. *Double finger guns*

Eh, right seat of a pretty amazing company.

Anyway, working on age 70 next week. *Double finger guns*

Right seat is fine but after 11 yrs of it before finally seeing a left seat, it’s a game changer. I don’t care how good international wide body FO is. I’d still rather narrowbody CA.

Age 70?

tenor.gif

I don’t care how good international wide body FO is. I’d still rather narrowbody CA.

I totally go back to the narrow body to get in to the left seat, but it's going to take a lot of Benjamins (ie: not being on a 75 hour reserve line when I get there) to make it worth while. Long haul FO (and, if you don't actually care about landings, RO) is possibly the greatest gig in the game.

I totally go back to the narrow body to get in to the left seat, but it's going to take a lot of Benjamins (ie: not being on a 75 hour reserve line when I get there) to make it worth while. Long haul FO (and, if you don't actually care about landings, RO) is possibly the greatest gig in the game.

I hear that a lot from guys who do that flying and take their word for it. I can’t deny it and obviously I have no experience in the FO/IRO long haul world. CA is just something something your own boss something. :)

2nd greatest gig in the game, CA on a 3/4 man crew is the greatest.

2nd greatest gig in the game, CA on a 3/4 man crew is the greatest.

T/O's, landings and general flying. International long haul just seems boring to me (admittedly with no experience).

T/O's, landings and general flying. International long haul just seems boring to me (admittedly with no experience).

It's the time zones that get me. I'd rather stay within a couple hours from home and sleep when I'm tired, wake up when I'm not.

I recently got a sweet company displacement from BWI to LAX... so living in Florida and flying to Hawaii on the reg is sort of like long haul... due to timezones... without the wide body... Its great, you should try it. Kind of like skydiving with an anvil....
'

It's the time zones that get me. I'd rather stay within a couple hours from home and sleep when I'm tired, wake up when I'm not.

SE Alaska flying that we do is awesome for that reason. Too bad it will all be farmed out to Horizon sooner than later.

Back