Furlough Estimates

Don’t forget the entire class (last one to start) they fired right before the furlough. And then there were the ones in training who were shown the door for things like their sim partner failed a check. Yep, they both went.

Houk was not a very nice person.

He wasn’t the one who prompted a pilot to call police because of feeling threatened. Ironically, I believe that member of management was a former cop.

Smokin' Joe was indeed a former cop... and probably wouldn't have lasted very long (or maybe would have I guess) in the age of body cams.

Where are they now?

Keith retired from Airways in 2015. TK retired in maybe 2010 or shortly thereafter and moved out west to a cabin he owned in the middle of nowhere. Smokin' Joe left some time around 2015 maybe and bought a general store somewhere in North Carolina.

That is what I remember. Which was dumb because the test was corrected to 100%.
At MQ they gave up and started publishing the question bank officially in the study guide at some point. Still had an older guy moving to schoolhouse try to give us crap about being obnoxious and running a q&a with it "in the open".

There's a boomer meme about participation trophies here somewhere.
100%

See what I did there? :)

6750C1CB-994E-4C25-B0A0-546912F99E83.jpeg

21228DEB-6E6D-4F6D-A15B-963FA6551DD8.jpeg

Some of you owe me a beer

So providing the demand continues to trend positive, does anyone think that Covid may actually accelerate pilot hiring in the next five years? Due to all the pilots that retired early, would be nice to see the numbers of those that accepted retirement and what the average age was. I have a feeling it will peak sooner but since the 7-10 year projections will now be lower, the late 20’s will fizzle more than previously projected. I’m also bored… :)

So providing the demand continues to trend positive, does anyone think that Covid may actually accelerate pilot hiring in the next five years? Due to all the pilots that retired early, would be nice to see the numbers of those that accepted retirement and what the average age was. I have a feeling it will peak sooner but since the 7-10 year projections will now be lower, the late 20’s will fizzle more than previously projected. I’m also bored… :)

I absolutely think this is a possibility. Just look at United and Delta’s announced hiring plans. I think the party is about to start for sure!

Back