Frontier Opening

Just wrapped up my application. I applied in July for the posting that was up dated back in April. Guess I applied too late because they closed the app soon after and I got the TBNT email. Anyone have any idea for when F9 is looking to do their next class for this new posting?

I wonder if the new contract has made it better for QOL. Denver is already nice, and that pay bump must be making it nicer. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are having an Allegiant effect with applicants. G4 went from being disparaged here to an industry leading heavyweight.

I wonder if the new contract has made it better for QOL. Denver is already nice, and that pay bump must be making it nicer. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are having an Allegiant effect with applicants. G4 went from being disparaged here to an industry leading heavyweight.
That’s what I wonder about as well. G4 didn’t even bother to interview myself or anyone else at the regional I work at due to the amount of mainline and internal talent interest they received. I currently commute back and forth to Denver so it’d be nice to not have to do that.

That’s what I wonder about as well. G4 didn’t even bother to interview myself or anyone else at the regional I work at due to the amount of mainline and internal talent interest they received. I currently commute back and forth to Denver so it’d be nice to not have to do that.
Did dispatchers at majors really apply to Allegiant in droves or even at all? That doesn’t sound accurate.

Yeah I think "droves" would be a tad bit excessive but they (Allegiant) were hiring for somewhere between 5-10 spots. I could go back and look at the actual post here on JC but if memory serves me correctly, there was someone there that I'm assuming worked there that mentioned at least half the spots were filled by internals, and that they had someone from B6 and DL that was in the running for the job.

Like it was mentioned there (in regards to G4 and F9's recent pay bumps) It wouldn't be unheard of for someone that is first or second year at a legacy wanting to dip out and go there for a better QOL. Especially if it was closer to wherever "home" is for them. So I think its valid to assume that there would be the expectation of increased competition on these postings. I'd put money on the idea that the ULCC's are tired of being stepping stones (or side steps) to mainlines and likely want to retain talent where they can.

Some people don't like Dallas, I know I don't. And not everybody wants to live in Atlanta either. Everyone has a level of pay they are willing to accept to live where they want
crazy. no state income in tx, saving a ton and earning a ton. wonder what they dont like.. the delta one surprises me more

Without running the risk of getting too political… in an ideal world I’d prefer to live and work in an area where the majority of the population shared similar views and the laws reflected that. While every legacy is based in a major population area that would be considered diverse and left leaning, all but UA are in pretty red states thanks to the rural population.

I’ve met dispatchers that had written off working for a specific airline altogether just because of where it was located. While I personally could learn to deal with it (money talks right?) there are some that can’t. Like I worked with a guy who now works for an airline in TX that swore he’d never apply to United because “I can’t stand the idea of being around so many liberals”. I personally wouldn’t write off an opportunity to work for an airline on something like that but if someone were to let those kinds of things impact their QOL that much then I guess I get it. It’s not like they don’t have commuters or anything. But I can’t imagine anyone would want to do that their entire career either.

crazy. no state income in tx, saving a ton and earning a ton. wonder what they dont like.. the delta one surprises me more
So you're entire reason to like Dallas is "no state income tax". You know who also doesn't have state income tax? Florida and Washington. And honestly, I don't mind paying a state income tax if that means the benefits provided to me are better. I hated it being 100 degrees for 3 months straight. I hated how flat it was. I hated it being a 6 million person suburb. If the only thing you like about a place is money, it sounds like the rest of your life is miserable. Now I'm not saying I don't know people from there who love it, I'm just saying it isn't for me.

The fact that people choose Dallas over Atlanta is mind blowing to me. Denver (in an attempt to steer the convo back) is a great place to live and offers a mix of everything.
And no, you don't make $100k to start there, but $80k is more than enough to be comfortable, and you will probably be at $100k in a few years. Way to many people get so jaded by the dollar signs that they don't consider all the other things that are important to them in life.

Back