Frontier Opening

It's really not that crazy. Dallas is also an unmitigated dump. The only thing it has going for it are the people and the barbeque. Urban planning never occurred to any govt types here. They just plop random strip malls with chain stores and chili's everywhere. The roads are bad and the drivers worse, and its like 107 for 3 months straight.

I dont mind because i like my carrier, but if i didnt, i would hop on out asap.
lol try 107 at night for 3 months straight. 😂

Anyone have any info on the interview process with Frontier? I just applied and did the personality assessment. I’m guessing they have a dispatch knowledge test - wondering if it’s multiple choice/short answer/combo. Any info about Frontier in general is also appreciated. Thanks!

Anyone have any info on the interview process with Frontier? I just applied and did the personality assessment. I’m guessing they have a dispatch knowledge test - wondering if it’s multiple choice/short answer/combo. Any info about Frontier in general is also appreciated. Thanks!
Pack your patience would be my first recommendation. Their last posting opened in April of this year and was left open until mid August for a class that started 8/21. I applied in early July and did the initial assessment and they were radio silent until I got my thanks but no thanks a few days before their class started.

From what I was told from friends that have previously applied and gotten past that part, they run it similar to United. You're invited to their HQ in Denver to take the test and if you do well enough they go through and then bring you into the panel interview. They'll ask you some technical questions and go over any questions you may have missed. From the story I was told, my friend was told they'd hear back on a decision within the week. Fast forward several weeks later and they assumed they didn't get the job and thankfully already had lined up another gig (where he's at now). Only for them to turn around and offer him the gig. Back then they were still paying in the mid 50's so naturally he didn't see that as a reason to pack up everything again and move hundreds of miles back across the country. Of course now the pay has come up a bit. But I can speak from personal experience that even 79k is stretching it in Denver.... But with that pay raise one can expect more qualified competition to apply for this posting. This raise went into effect after the last class was selected and brought on so this will be the first class to see if the "Allegiant Effect" is real enough.

I guess that realistically means the class would be early next year. That makes sense for both accounting and dealing with the new people and the holidays.

I guess that realistically means the class would be early next year. That makes sense for both accounting and dealing with the new people and the holidays.
That would sound about right. Seems like any and all hiring right now is for the new year.

Anyone here currently at Frontier dispatch that can shed some light on QOL, schedules, training etc?

Good luck to those who apply!~

I’ve lived in Dallas, Texas for a few years and hated it. Like was mentioned in this thread it’s all a flat subburb with not much else around. I’m in the camp of not applying somewhere solely for money and location/QOL is more important to me. I’m happy being in the northeast and all it offers despite never living here before joining B6. AS/PNW is probably the only location I would ever consider but I’m very happy where I’m at.

With that said, with hiring slowing down, just get your app in where you can and then move to where you want to be long term. That’s what I did.
At ADF, UAL was talking about the need to hire 100 dispatchers in the next year, DL similarly said they needed to hire in the next year, same with WN…I’m not sure the “hiring” is slowing down in the next few years, especially as people hit retirement age and airlines increase their flying.

I do think we will see a slow down in the ULCC space in dispatch. But I could be wrong.

At ADF, UAL was talking about the need to hire 100 dispatchers in the next year, DL similarly said they needed to hire in the next year, same with WN…I’m not sure the “hiring” is slowing down in the next few years, especially as people hit retirement age and airlines increase their flying.

I do think we will see a slow down in the ULCC space in dispatch. But I could be wrong.

I think you’re right. But I’ll offer a difference of view to consider.

Both WN and AA are working on rolling out FlightKeys over the next year or so. At least in the case of WN, they’ve already come out and said they won’t be hiring again until late 24 at the earliest after this class.

Yes DL is hiring but they put a heavy emphasis on internals vs externals in their hiring.

UA will keep rolling out hiring bids but many people write it off simply for being in Chicago. Plus the working conditions of their junior dispatchers doesn’t sound great at the moment.

The ULCC’s (along with everyone else) obviously need to replace retirees but they’ve brought up their wages to stop turnover to the legacies, how that impacts retention though is still too early to see.

Also we work in an industry that fluctuates based on the economy and nowadays it seems like we’re one canon event away from WWIII.

I’d rather get somewhere sooner than later just to 1.) set up a savings for when economic downturns happen. 2.) get my name higher up the seniority list to hopefully not make the chopping block, unless I work somewhere like WN that doesn’t do layoffs.

I think you’re right. But I’ll offer a difference of view to consider.

Both WN and AA are working on rolling out FlightKeys over the next year or so. At least in the case of WN, they’ve already come out and said they won’t be hiring again until late 24 at the earliest after this class.

Yes DL is hiring but they put a heavy emphasis on internals vs externals in their hiring.

UA will keep rolling out hiring bids but many people write it off simply for being in Chicago. Plus the working conditions of their junior dispatchers doesn’t sound great at the moment.

The ULCC’s (along with everyone else) obviously need to replace retirees but they’ve brought up their wages to stop turnover to the legacies, how that impacts retention though is still too early to see.

Also we work in an industry that fluctuates based on the economy and nowadays it seems like we’re one canon event away from WWIII.

I’d rather get somewhere sooner than later just to 1.) set up a savings for when economic downturns happen. 2.) get my name higher up the seniority list to hopefully not make the chopping block, unless I work somewhere like WN that doesn’t do layoffs.
That’s a good perspective. I’m gonna consider that closely as I get closer to the magic “1 year of experience”

At least in the case of WN, they’ve already come out and said they won’t be hiring again until late 24 at the earliest after this class.
Technically late 24 just means immediately after the class that is currently in the interview process. Seems training just kind of takes forever around here.

Technically late 24 just means immediately after the class that is currently in the interview process. Seems training just kind of takes forever around here.
Yeah but in the case of the last few years it seems like they had a spring class and a fall/ winter class. That being said, those that I know that got hired on there last November were only just starting to clear training over the summer.

It was my understanding that they weren’t doing a spring class in 24 due to the rollout of FlightKeys.

Yeah but in the case of the last few years it seems like they had a spring class and a fall/ winter class. That being said, those that I know that got hired on there last November were only just starting to clear training over the summer.

It was my understanding that they weren’t doing a spring class in 24 due to the rollout of FlightKeys.
The date for flightkeys will probably just continue to be pushed back, then again I'm pessimistic. But ya some people make it through training faster than others, in fact it was only last week that last of that November class finished so that's almost 11 months in training. The earliest was mid August so from date of hire it's a minimum 8 months before you are on your own. That wasn't necessarily the case immediately after the hiring picked up after COVID. People got pushed through in about 6 months for those first few classes and now that staffing levels are better they are able to slow it down. So ya 2 years ago it was 6-8 months per class, nowadays it's 8-10 months.

6-8 months? I wonder what UA and DAL training times look like. American's training times don't look so bad now

6-8 months? I wonder what UA and DAL training times look like. American's training times don't look so bad now
maybe AA’s better now, but i recall classes from ‘22 taking about that long to get signed off. training pay there is also something that i think needs to be addressed, but there doesn’t seem to be lack of applicants despite that *shrug*

Back