Frontier Opening

maybe AA’s better now, but i recall classes from ‘22 taking about that long to get signed off. training pay there is also something that i think needs to be addressed, but there doesn’t seem to be lack of applicants despite that *shrug*
Training pay at AA is probably still higher than top out at the regionals. This is one of the reasons they still get a ton of applicants.

6-8 months? I wonder what UA and DAL training times look like. American's training times don't look so bad now
UA is about 4 months minimum. Depending on trainer and checker availability. 3 months classroom with 1 month of sim / ojt / checks.

Overheard a coworker mention someone at our shop receiving an offer. Class date is 12/18 and they’re giving those that they gave offers to about 2 weeks heads up.

Overheard a coworker mention someone at our shop receiving an offer. Class date is 12/18 and they’re giving those that they gave offers to about 2 weeks heads up.
that’s absurd

edit/ i mean congrats to those that got offers, and hopefully 2 weeks is enough notice.. wouldn’t work for me

Last edited:
that’s absurd

edit/ i mean congrats to those that got offers, and hopefully 2 weeks is enough notice.. wouldn’t work for me
Why would they still have an open posting up if they are already sending out offers?

Why would they still have an open posting up if they are already sending out offers?
I know its not "proper" or whatever to talk bad about other shops but like...... They did this last time too. They had an opening up from April to the second week of August; for a class that started around August 21st.

So this time I threw in an app within hours of the posting just to be sure. Not once did I receive any sort of communication from them. Those in a similar boat should expect a TBNT between now-20 minutes before their class starts.

I know its not "proper" or whatever to talk bad about other shops but like...... They did this last time too. They had an opening up from April to the second week of August; for a class that started around August 21st.

So this time I threw in an app within hours of the posting just to be sure. Not once did I receive any sort of communication from them. Those in a similar boat should expect a TBNT between now-20 minutes before their class starts.
Just curious. Didn’t apply. I’m considering the 135 route now since the bulk of my experience is in that

Just curious. Didn’t apply. I’m considering the 135 route now since the bulk of my experience is in that
I've always wondered how it was on that side of 'Spatchin. I've only ever done 121 but wouldn't be opposed to working a 135 if the opportunity was right.

Only allowing two weeks notice to new hires that have to uproot their life and family right before the holidays is a bad look and honestly in poor taste. Who thought starting a new hire class a week before Christmas was a good idea? Really couldn't push the start till early January?

Much like my ex, communication does not seem to be their strong suit.
Not a dispatcher, but as a former Frontier employee, I can confirm this.
Only allowing two weeks notice to new hires that have to uproot their life and family right before the holidays is a bad look and honestly in poor taste. Who thought starting a new hire class a week before Christmas was a good idea? Really couldn't push the start till early January?

See above.

At a previous regional where I started in early January, I heard that my manager had originally wanted to do this - start a new class the week before Christmas. He evidently got talked out of it…

The best thing would be if the start date is early to mid January and they let you know beginning of December. That way you can get your 2 weeks in and then spend the entire holiday season with your family because it's probably the only time you will actually get to do that in this field.

2 weeks from Offer-Start Date doesn’t even seem long enough for the applicant to clear the DOT background. UA was giving out offers for their January class in late November for that same reason. But nothing seems to make since with how they run the show there. But hey, if it works for them, who am I to judge?

As someone who spent 7 years living in Denver, 79k is barely middle class anyways. Hard to sacrifice mainline flight bennys for a carrier that can’t be bothered to give me adequate heads up to move there. Justtttt my opinion.

As someone who spent 7 years living in Denver, 79k is barely middle class anyways. Hard to sacrifice mainline flight bennys for a carrier that can’t be bothered to give me adequate heads up to move there. Justtttt my opinion.

If you want a career in dispatch at a legacy major then you are going to have to make sacrifices. Only 8 of our last 30 new hires have been internals who came from non-dispatch positions. Of those 8, one was a self-demoting dispatch manager and another managed the dispatch schedules. The remaining six were all operations center internals that work closely with dispatchers.

You either get experience dispatching at a regional/LCC/cargo or you pay your dues in crew scheduling, load planning or maintenance planning. Your chances of getting into legacy airline dispatch outside those two avenues are very slim.

Back