Freight dog wanted for Houston KA200 position

tbmpilot

I know this is not the jobs forum, but I'm looking for a BE99/B1900/MU2/SA227 pilot to fill a KA200 charter/91 position in Houston. Freight dogs to the front of the line, 121 guys to the back. Sorry if that offends, but I know who the stick and rudder guys are. Questions about pay? We'll talk about it when we get to that point (read commensurate). QOL? It's on-demand charter. Whiners need not apply. No hard days off. If you need time off, we'll accommodate. It's all about open communication. Don't post here about duty-time regs. We've got it figured out. You'll have a lot more time off than you work, believe me. I'm looking for someone with SIGNIFICANT single-pilot, turboprop experience. If you don't have it, don't bother. Possibilities exist to help out on the jets; no guarantees; it's all on you.

I know this is not the jobs forum, but I'm looking for a BE99/B1900/MU2/SA227 pilot to fill a KA200 charter/91 position in Houston. Freight dogs to the front of the line, 121 guys to the back. Sorry if that offends, but I know who the stick and rudder guys are. Questions about pay? We'll talk about it when we get to that point (read commensurate). QOL? It's on-demand charter. Whiners need not apply. No hard days off. If you need time off, we'll accommodate. It's all about open communication. Don't post here about duty-time regs. We've got it figured out. You'll have a lot more time off than you work, believe me. I'm looking for someone with SIGNIFICANT single-pilot, turboprop experience. If you don't have it, don't bother. Possibilities exist to help out on the jets; no guarantees; it's all on you.
Haha, I saw a job posting for this yesterday, looked and the requirements, and I thought this guy ONLY want's a freight pilot. You didn't say it directly like here, but it was quite obvious.

This posting doesn't come across too well for me. I appreciate job postings but something just seems off.

This posting doesn't come across too well for me. I appreciate job postings but something just seems off.

I would agree. The attitude condoned in the OP is far from professional, and just screams of management issues. I would warn anybody thinking of this to proceed with caution.

One of my previous jobs was flying a 200 and a C90 for a charter operation, it's not quite flying the space shuttle. They're actually some of the nicest flying planes I've flown.

I would agree. The attitude condoned in the OP is far from professional, and just screams of management issues. I would warn anybody thinking of this to proceed with caution.

One of my previous jobs was flying a 200 and a C90 for a charter operation, it's not quite flying the space shuttle. They're actually some of the nicest flying planes I've flown.
The 200 is the easiest twin I've ever flown. That includes the pistons. If it wasn't for the cost, I'd say train people in this thing, move on to the pa44/23/31 later.

That someone appreciates your skill set? Also, I've heard the DO for this place, which could be this guy, used to work where you do.

While my employer doesn't word things like this, in reality it's the same sentiment.

Sounds like the people or persons behind the actual job posting are looking for a personality he or she can mold as oppose to listening ..to a person with a opinion. Those of us with plenty of single pilot freight experience in the so mention aircraft can usually smell BS from more then a mile!

That someone appreciates your skill set? Also, I've heard the DO for this place, which could be this guy, used to work where you do.

While my employer doesn't word things like this, in reality it's the same sentiment.

Has nothing with wanting a freight dog. He makes it sound like he wants the stereotypical freight dog that will just do as told and not care about safety and such. Line of impenetrable storms ahead? "They are only impenetrable because no one has tried yet!" Seems like the type he wants based on the post. The attitude in the post is what sets that tone.

Guys, he is an ex-AMFer who wants to pay it forward because he knows the types of flying that freight dawgs do. Give me a break the posting sounds weird? Whoever says this sounds weird, obviously has no time in the charter world, most companies wont even look at you if you have 121 time. There is nothing wrong with telling potentially interested people exactly what this company is looking for. They want a freight guy, so the F what!?

Has nothing with wanting a freight dog. He makes it sound like he wants the stereotypical freight dog that will just do as told and not care about safety and such. Line of impenetrable storms ahead? "They are only impenetrable because no one has tried yet!" Seems like the type he wants based on the post. The attitude in the post is what sets that tone.

Where in his post does he say that? I am trying to find it.

Bottom line, it didn't come off as professional. Ultimately, I don't care if someone does or does not want to take a job at this place. I was just commenting on the fact that the way the OP worded the post seemed odd.

Where in his post does he say that? I am trying to find it.
I'm saying the attitude of the post sets a negative tone. He says "no whiners" followed by not wanting duty regs being talked about. Sounds to me like they may not follow rest regs.

I'm saying the attitude of the post sets a negative tone. He says "no whiners" followed by not wanting duty regs being talked about. Sounds to me like they may not follow rest regs.

It would surprise me seeing as he has personally posted on my Facebook about how on call is not rest. He recognizes the fact that you can't be on call 24/7.

I'd apply if I lived in or was in a position to move to Houston if the price was right. Some of you guys should atleast look into it. Someone out there for once is saying, "Hey you flying the 99/metro. I know what it take to do what you're doing and want you flying for my company."...instead of "freight pilots need not apply". Give it a go guys.

Back