Freight dog wanted for Houston KA200 position

I know this is not the jobs forum, but I'm looking for a BE99/B1900/MU2/SA227 pilot to fill a KA200 charter/91 position in Houston. Freight dogs to the front of the line, 121 guys to the back. Sorry if that offends, but I know who the stick and rudder guys are. .
Shame... got lots of SPIFR 135 turbine time but I have the 121 stink on me too... guess I don't qualify. Don't see how who I work for determines who I am but I guess I will just go to the back of the line.

Just meet an new UPS driver on my route. He transferred from California. Was saying back in the late 90's he would go up with the AMF pilot in the 99 and do barrel rolls, buzz people houses etc. I got a good chuckle out of it.

I disagree. Mostly with the CRJ captain statement. It's not the flying. It's the cleaning, the PAX and the outside of the box thing the 121 guys don't do well. Mostly it just results in a lot of stress for the people with a 135 background when a 121 person gets involved. There are exceptions to the rule of course.

I don't feel that I'm jumping on the OP.

I just don't understand why every freight guy at my current employer trash talks. It is universal, at least 4 major operators are represented.

I've done both, and honestly it just comes down to the individual. If you're lazy, then most of us are going to be stressed out when working with you, and other problems will develop. Seriously, creating a Fltplan.com account and learning the Coffee, Ice, Papers thing ain't all that hard. Most people I've worked with in 121 could handle it with ZERO problems.

I think maybe I'll just point out that you don't hear anything like this level of whining when an airline requires 121 time and be merrily on my way...

I think maybe I'll just point out that you don't hear anything like this level of whining when an airline requires 121 time and be merrily on my way...
That's because 121 time is usually acquired while flying for an operator whom abides by the rules

/flame suit.

True... however I have similar type/size experience for what is being asked versus United/FedEx requiring 121 time (I don't know if they do or not just an example) before you jump in a crewed MD11 (or whatever) from the SPIFR MU2/B190/SA227/etc. Am I crazy or is there just a touch of disparity here? I will now bow in submission before y'all Part 135 gods since I am a lowly 121 puke.

It's lazy HR. Honestly If I had 4000 applications to sift through, I'd be tempted to knock out 1000 of them by requiring irrelevant things.

What's really funny is it's the freight dogs that are whining.
Personally seeing someone prefer cargo guys is nice to see. In this case I just felt the post had several arrogant statements. As a result it set off a BS alert in my head.

I have worked for arrogant people in the past and present and find they don't create a good work environment. I like to be proven wrong with this type of thing and in this case it seems I was.

Most of the people condoning the post seem to know the poster beyond his small amount of posts on JC. I personally have no idea who he is. I'm limited to his job posting as a result.

I don't really see a problem. I think it comes down to looking for a personality rather than a logbook. From my experience freight guys know when to pick their battles. A 121 guy might say this is completely unacceptable, where A freight guy might say lets figure out how to make this work.

Then again, I'll bend over backwards if I'm treated well, and will tell you to F off if I feel that i'm being taken advantage of. Theres a lot to be said for being direct instead of acting like a passive aggressive nancy.

I don't really see a problem. I think it comes down to looking for a personality rather than a logbook. From my experience freight guys know when to pick their battles. A 121 guy might say this is completely unacceptable, where A freight guy might say lets figure out how to make this work.

Then again, I'll bend over backwards if I'm treated well, and will tell you to F off if I feel that i'm being taken advantage of. Theres a lot to be said for being direct instead of acting like a passive aggressive nancy.

When it comes to weather, 121 guys launch into the same stuff the freight guys do. When it comes to dealing BS, maybe that's a different story. I know since coming to 121 I'm a lot less inclined to put up with the BS I saw in charter, that's for certain.

When it comes to weather, 121 guys launch into the same stuff the freight guys do. When it comes to dealing BS, maybe that's a different story. I know since coming to 121 I'm a lot less inclined to put up with the BS I saw in charter, that's for certain.

I think you're right. I also think that rightfully or not that 121 guys get lumped into the "zero to hero" pool that doesnt know crap. 121 guys are generally more professional, but professionalism doesnt always equal a good customer experience.

Having said that, theres a lot to be said for a guy that cut his teeth doing everything by himself. It could be a disadvantage in a crew environment, but if it were my pick of who was sitting up front, it would be the freight dawg.

I know this is not the jobs forum, but I'm looking for a BE99/B1900/MU2/SA227 pilot to fill a KA200 charter/91 position in Houston. Freight dogs to the front of the line, 121 guys to the back. Sorry if that offends, but I know who the stick and rudder guys are. Questions about pay? We'll talk about it when we get to that point (read commensurate). QOL? It's on-demand charter. Whiners need not apply. No hard days off. If you need time off, we'll accommodate. It's all about open communication. Don't post here about duty-time regs. We've got it figured out. You'll have a lot more time off than you work, believe me. I'm looking for someone with SIGNIFICANT single-pilot, turboprop experience. If you don't have it, don't bother. Possibilities exist to help out on the jets; no guarantees; it's all on you.

Position: KA200 Charter/Part 91 Pilot
Required Experience: 1000 Hours Part 135 Single Pilot IFR Turboprop
Preferred Experience: Prior Turboprop Experience in one of the Following: BE99/B1900/MU2/SA227
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Jet transition possible with excellent performance.

To apply, send a cover letter and resume to TBMPilot via PM.

Back