FOL for 28 and 29 July terminal?

Like Lalexf, I was originally scheduled for class on the 17th. Brenda Rogers left me a voicemail saying the class was rescheduled for the 28th, then she sent me a revised FOL with the new class date on it. I'm not at home, but I believe my travel packet from OKC was delivered via FedEx yesterday, so I should be good to go for class on the 28th.
With Dave Traynor out of the office, I'd call Brenda Rogers so you might get a definitive answer either way.

Quite honestly, Brenda Rogers hasn't been much help. She is the one who screwed things up back in February by not acknowledging my decline of a position. This left me in a hold position for two months. Now she hasn't bothered to take the time to contact me on the change of training date nor where the FOL stands. I have been polite to her and would expect the same. Sorry, we are their customers and are not receiving professional service. To me, this is rude and unprofessional. Our lives are on hold and they don't seem to give a squat. Is there anyone else other than Brenda or Traynor's substitude we can call?

Question - what do you mean by retracted your FOL? Retracted the date and said "we will give you a date later" or just retracted and left you completely unknowing if you had the job for sure?

Question - what do you mean by retracted your FOL? Retracted the date and said "we will give you a date later" or just retracted and left you completely unknowing if you had the job for sure?

I guess they prematurely issued me my FOL. They said I had gotten both my security and medical clearances only to later find out the next day that I wasn't medically cleared yet. So I was told I had to resolve the medical issue ASAP before I could start classes. My academy start date on the FOL was for June. It is now July and I'm still waiting to hear something from HR.

My HR contact called me first and then emailed my FOL and some paperwork to fill out. I'm not sure if you also get a hardcopy in the mail too.

MORE paperwork? damn, I'm about busted out from all the TOL paperwork - now I hear there is MORE -

Hope the FOL paperwork is easier than the TOL......

MORE paperwork? damn, I'm about busted out from all the TOL paperwork - now I hear there is MORE -

Hope the FOL paperwork is easier than the TOL......

LOL. I hear ya! Some of the paperwork that comes with the FOL is a repeat from the TOL paperwork. Don't worry:D.

i dunno what her title is, but she works in the same office as brenda rogers

I'm getting on the phone in a few minutes and calling every phone number I have for HR. I want someone to give me an answer IF I'm in the 28/29 July class. The situation some of us are in is inexcusable. I may be burning my bridges but this is totally unacceptable. We've given up our jobs thinking we are headed to OKC. If the FAA is desperate for ATCers they sure have us all fooled!!

"You will initiate these clearances today but a final determination of your eligibility may take several weeks. Since obtaining these pre-employment clearances can be a lengthy process, we strongly recommend that you take no actions at this time that would affect your current employment status if you are employed."

Remember you received a tentative start date and this paragraph was in a letter given to you. Seems like you quitting your job was against their advice and i know you're going to say you have to give a 2 week notice but it was your decision to quit the job sorry.

"You will initiate these clearances today but a final determination of your eligibility may take several weeks. Since obtaining these pre-employment clearances can be a lengthy process, we strongly recommend that you take no actions at this time that would affect your current employment status if you are employed."

Remember you received a tentative start date and this paragraph was in a letter given to you. Seems like you quitting your job was against their advice and i know you're going to say you have to give a 2 week notice but it was your decision to quit the job sorry.

I was issued a TOL with a 17 July OKC start date. No one from HR had the courtesy to inform me the class was delayed nor what my status was. I called my HR rep and left a voice mail as well as sending an e-mail with no response. I received e-mails from the respective POCs on medical and security approval. This is where I'm coming from. After you've been in this process for well over a year your patience runs thin.

It seems to me like this is a job where your patience cant run thin. You have a tentative offer letter if i'm correct, which means you dont have a final offer, the letter you have clearly states this and tells you not to quit your job if you went out and did it anyway you have no one to blame but yourself. It doesn't matter if you've been in the process for a year or a week, i have my TOL but i havent quit my job because i dont have an FOL, i have a tentative start date for the academy but i don't have a final start date therefore im assuming that my date will be different.

It seems to me like this is a job where your patience cant run thin. You have a tentative offer letter if i'm correct, which means you dont have a final offer, the letter you have clearly states this and tells you not to quit your job if you went out and did it anyway you have no one to blame but yourself. It doesn't matter if you've been in the process for a year or a week, i have my TOL but i havent quit my job because i dont have an FOL, i have a tentative start date for the academy but i don't have a final start date therefore im assuming that my date will be different.

This isn't a pissing contest. End of discussion.

How about this since you apparently want to be an ass about the situation...

I HAVE received my FOL, with a firm class date of July 29th. I had already scheduled the FAA housing and such, and was ready to go. The day I got my FOL I called HR and told them that the flight surgeon's office wanted some additional information before they would clear me for my class two medical. HR told me that wasn't a concern of theirs and they were going to issue the FOL anyway.

Well, you guessed it...two weeks prior to class I still don't have my medical, and they rescinded the FOL until I get it, with no idea of if I'll still be in this class or bumped to a later one.

So now I'm just in limbo until I get my medical.

How about this since you apparently want to be an ass about the situation...

I HAVE received my FOL, with a firm class date of July 29th. I had already scheduled the FAA housing and such, and was ready to go. The day I got my FOL I called HR and told them that the flight surgeon's office wanted some additional information before they would clear me for my class two medical. HR told me that wasn't a concern of theirs and they were going to issue the FOL anyway.

Well, you guessed it...two weeks prior to class I still don't have my medical, and they rescinded the FOL until I get it, with no idea of if I'll still be in this class or bumped to a later one.

Thanks Brianjgault. No one should be judging those of us who have waited for well over a year (13 months for me) to get this far then to be told sorry, we aren't ready for you. Or sorry, something has come up in your medical. This process has been mindboggling with all the twists and turns and unless you've been there don't knock us. I'm seriously considering contacting my congressman. The FAA is hurting for controllers and now they pull this load of crap.

brianjgault,
I know exactly how you feel because I experienced a very similar situation with having my FOL retracted due to the Medical clearance. And like you, I was in limbo. But guess what? Now that I've almost got my Medical clearance I hear about this RED LIGHT on sending people to OKC. Talk about bad luck!:banghead:
Do you expect to be getting you Medical clearance anytime soon? Maybe the facility you are slated for is one of the "critically understaffed" ones and you'll be put into the next available class after July 29th. I believe it's August 18th.
In short, I feel your pain!

I was issued a TOL with a 17 July OKC start date. No one from HR had the courtesy to inform me the class was delayed nor what my status was. I called my HR rep and left a voice mail as well as sending an e-mail with no response. I received e-mails from the respective POCs on medical and security approval. This is where I'm coming from. After you've been in this process for well over a year your patience runs thin.

It could be worse. You could be in the process for 13 months now and still be waiting on a PEPC not knowing if that will really occur or where you now stand. Just remember, whatever sinking boat you are in, there is always someone in the water or in a boat moer sunken than yours. Not that you want to hear that.

Hang in there. We have all been warned many times that the FAA is messed up right now and you will want to :banghead: but we all chose to move forward with that. We have to live with that now. I do hope your situation works out for the absolute best!

Back