Fitness/Weightlifting

Ignore everything you read here or anywhere else on the internet, go buy Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe, read it, memorize it, do it and come back in 24 months with your results.

Crossfit is based off of Starting Strength ;)

FatalFitness is based off of CrossFit with a more military style workout.

Try it...

crossfit.com
fatalfitness.com

Crossfit is based off of Starting Strength ;)

FatalFitness is based off of CrossFit with a more military style workout.

Try it...

crossfit.com
fatalfitness.com

Based off of, is not the same as, well, the original. There is a reason it is "based off..." SS works, it is simple and proven. Crossfit, fatalfitness, etc are all gimmicks to try to make the "user" feel good about working out. That is all fine and dandy for the "unmotivated". Read Mr. Rippetoe, live it, stop being a weenie and get under some heavy weight and lift, period.

Based off of, is not the same as, well, the original. There is a reason it is "based off..." SS works, it is simple and proven. Crossfit, fatalfitness, etc are all gimmicks to try to make the "user" feel good about working out. That is all fine and dandy for the "unmotivated". Read Mr. Rippetoe, live it, stop being a weenie and get under some heavy weight and lift, period.

I do understand, however there are plans for specified use of the workouts, as in my case. But yes, anyone who wants to weight lift or just keep in shape, SS is awsome. I wish I knew about it sooner.

yes but will be their also be time to eat healthy? I need to eat at least 5 times per day and drink lots of water. Airport food is evil.

http://www.ebags.com/ebags/crew_cooler/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=17719 and look at the food bag they sale. I use that and bring things such as eggs, salads, meats, veggies, shakes, etc. I use a standard headach bag, fill it w/h2o and freeze it. Place that on top of all the food, and shazam, i've controlled my eating for a 3 day trip.

Ignore everything you read here or anywhere else on the internet, go buy Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe, read it, memorize it, do it and come back in 24 months with your results.

A good way to lose an audience's attention is use your brash tactic of Ignore all and listen to me.

lol

I mix it up with a 4 day on, 3 off split. My 4 days on are typically a split of the following (or close to it)

Day 1: Chest, Shoulders, Tri, cardio (bike)
Day 2: Back, Bi, abs, cardio (run)
Day 3: Legs, cardio (bike)
Day 4: Full body w/ mostly bodyweight (pullups/pushups/abs) and Cardio (run)

Then I head to work for a 3-day and get a run in at least once during the trip.

As far as diet: I bring my own food. I posted this a while back but it hasn't changed much....

1. I buy bags of unsalted almonds, walnuts, cashews, and sunflower seeds and make my own "healthy" version of trailmix.
2. Dried fruit (the non sugar laden stuff)
3. Peanut butter
4. bread (to make PB sandwiches)
5. a couple cans of soup
6. Protein powder
7. Meal replacement packs
8. Oatmeal
9. brown rice
10. protein shakes (similar to the slimfast ones but the protein shake version w/42g protein per serving)
11. Drink 2 1.5L water bottles a day (from the galley)
12. Vitamins and fish oil
13. Protein bars
14. Carrots/brocolli/turkey/banans/apple for day 1.

I usually exercise in my room at night, and if I have layovers during the day I go running as long as the neighborhood isn't too ghetto. Inside your room, you can do burpies (google it), pushups (I like to do a modified push-up, resting my feet on the bed). I always lay a towel on the floor because who knows what nasty stuff is on that carpet. There is another toy I've been thinking of getting as well, someone else here mentioned it: http://www.fitnessanywhere.com/page/000-94127/PROD/TSPABX ... Maybe for xmas :)

Yeah, I work out on pretty much every overnight, whether it is running, lifting, yoga, or using the TRX, I will do a something. The TRX is an amazing tool that is really packable. But even on the Bro with SkyWest I find that most, not all, but most, fitness centers offer a pretty good workout facility.

You have to make working out on overnights part of the routine. It is too easy to feel fatigued when you get in and just crap out and do nothing. But exercise makes you come back to life and WAY more healthy.

A good way to lose an audience's attention is use your brash tactic of Ignore all and listen to me.

lol

I didn't say listen to me, listen to Mark Rippetoe, period. I offer no changes to his outline or additions to his workouts, simply buy the book do what he says WITHOUT CHANGE and come back after 24 months. Listening to people with undergrad degrees in biomechanics and such does you no good, this guy has decades of strength training experience and is regarded as one of, if not, the best strength coach alive right now.

It is funny how hard people work to get into shape, then complain about how hard it is, when a simple 15 dollar book will give you the tools and answers that make being in shape as easy as 3 days a week, 45 minutes MAX, in the gym each day. But, what do I know?

It can be done. It's just going to cost you. The salad's going to be more expensive than the burger. The fruit cup's going to cost you more than fries and M&M pie put together. The bottled water's going to run you more than the fountain drink.:panic:

Thats the american way! I have no idea where the country started off promoting bad health!

I managed to lose 40 lbs, despite being on the bottom of the seniority list, by bringing my own food (leftovers, sandwiches, kashi bars, fruit, nuts, oatmeal, low-fat cheese, etc). I also brought my running shoes, laptop, and a couple of workout videos (namely Pilates!) so that even if the workout facility left a lot to be desired, at least I could do something.

Probably doesn't help you with bodybuilding, but that's what I do to keep fit.

Go heavy or go home!

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but nobody wants to lift this heavy @ss weight!" -Ronnie Coleman

Go heavy or go home!

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but nobody wants to lift this heavy @ss weight!" -Ronnie Coleman

Hahaha, man that guy is huge and incredibly strong as well. I met him 3 weeks or so in Santa Clarita Powerhouse gym. Really nice guy, and didn't mind talking and taking pictures with us at all.

I will say that a lot of bodybuilders lifting technique is horrible. The one thing I have seen him do with good technique though, is squats. With many pro bodybuilders genetics, eating habits, and boatloads of drugs, lifting technique isn't their primary focus even though it's critical to injury prevention.

Look up some of Ronnies videos on youtube such as his squat. He lifts some impressive weight. I think he squated over 800 pounds a couple times.

lol hey do most of the hotels you stay at have heavy weights?

Nope, 50 pound DB's and a universal are about the max. I typically only do 1 workout a week on the road (out of my 2 nights gone) and make it cardio, pullups, chinups, dips, pushups, and abs. Heavy time is for the off days.

Back