**EVERYTHING*** you wanted to know about the AT-SAT

Thread nazi, grammar nazi... are you from Argentina Bipppp? What does your username mean anyways? It's really hard to pronounce.

dont say it as one word...its actually Bippo-P-T-L. Bippo was the nickname my dad gave me as a kid. not sure why though. the P.T.L stands for something else though. just call me Bippo

I have searched this entire site, but couldn't find the answer. Does anyone have information as to the scoring methodology on the AT-SAT exam. For instance, does one section count for x% and another count for y%? Just curious if anyone knows.

UTAMAv:bandit:

I have searched this entire site, but couldn't find the answer. Does anyone have information as to the scoring methodology on the AT-SAT exam. For instance, does one section count for x% and another count for y%? Just curious if anyone knows.

UTAMAv:bandit:
If you can, or anyone for that matter, figure it out, you would be the golden child on this board. No one really knows. Its all a matter of guessing how they do it.

zz :)

I see a lucrative business here, but I don't want black suits and sunshades knocking on my door either. I'll stick to selling trinkets on ebay.

UTAMAV:bandit:

I think boomer may have posted something about the score weighting.. but he's full of #### (I should be talking right?) so I wouldn't even take the time to find his post about it.

case in point: I didn't do so hot (crashed 4 planes) in the efficiency on the simulation part of the test but BOOMER says it's over 40% of the weighting.

my atst scores: between 80-92% efficiency
my at-sat score: 99.8

that leaves a PRETTY low margin for error for the rest of the test sections.

keep also in mind that they may be curving/weighting the test for each individual,class,day,pubnat,facility types..etc etc..

I think it's just kinda one of those "show up and shut up" things where they have a system worked out and it suits them because no one can figure it out and the results are going to be substantial and progressively secure every time.

I have no idea how much each section is weighted either but my Scenarios scores were 82, 92, 94, and 97 and I got my AT-SAT test results today and had a 100. I was just hoping I would get an 85 and then when I logged in and saw I had a 100 I about fell out of my chair at work LOL.

My family just kept reassuring that "You did the best you could" because I have no Aviation experience whatsoever.. the extent of my aviation knowledge is from flying commercially a few times and my uncle is an ATC in San Antonio.

They weigh the psychological part the most (the part that they say doesn't count of course)

I think the psychological exam that DOESN'T count is the one you take at the academy. They do it as a census to map their psychological foundation for review down the road.

I know that I've read about it, i'm thinking that maybe you did too and got that confused. unless... well.. I can't really remember what they said before the test.. I had about 6 espressos in me to counter the food poisoning...

I think the psychological exam that DOESN'T count is the one you take at the academy. They do it as a census to map their psychological foundation for review down the road.

I know that I've read about it, i'm thinking that maybe you did too and got that confused. unless... well.. I can't really remember what they said before the test.. I had about 6 espressos in me to counter the food poisoning...
They tell you when you take the AT-SAT that the psychological part doesn't count. Probably so you won't skew the results. But it counts. The most, from what I've heard (from other people on this forum, of course.)

They tell you when you take the AT-SAT that the psychological part doesn't count. Probably so you won't skew the results. But it counts. The most, from what I've heard (from other people on this forum, of course.)

makes sense. Maybe it's like... they look to see if you pass the "minimum competence" for all of the tests, and then base their final decision for the score on whether or not you're a loony.

I've heard the same... from the people on the forum. :rolleyes: I remember a couple people coming back from their tests and saying that the Robinson Aviation guys told them that that psych part was weighed higher than everything else.

Hey all!

So, I took my AT-SAT today for PUBNAT6 at SFO. I tried to study, I did some of the simulators, tried to do as many of the math problems as possible, you know, studied.

Holy Crap! Other than the dials, angles and scan sections, I found everything to be pretty friggin' difficult. It really took me by surprise! I had read so many people say the test was relatively easy, but I did not find it to be.

I think I did pretty well on the Scan and Letter Factory section (minus the frustrating random questions). ATC simulator I do not think I could have done any better, but the Applied Math, and Analogies destroyed me!

Ugg... definitely frustrated. As much as I want to know what score I get, I really dont.
:banghead:

you had to take the test? weird.. when I showed up they were like.. "dude don't worry you're cool enough. Just sign here saying you attended and we'll pass you."

welcome to the next step loafer.. now just hurry up and wait. and go crazy.:nana2::nana2::nana2::nana2::nana2::nana2::nana2::nana2:

you had to take the test? weird.. when I showed up they were like.. "dude don't worry you're cool enough. Just sign here saying you attended and we'll pass you."

welcome to the next step loafer.. now just hurry up and wait. and go crazy.:nana2::nana2::nana2::nana2::nana2::nana2::nana2::nana2:

Ha.. Ya well I wish I could be that cool. Would have made my life a lot easier. However, your dancing bannanas make me think of Brian from Family Guy doin the "Peanut Butter Jelly Time!" dance.

Ya I am going to hurry up and wait.. then wait some more.. because if its been 5 months since I first applied, I figure if I do well on the test, it will be at least another 5 before I get a call for interview.

SO.. I am just gonna stare at the clock at the edge of my seat... and wait! or Im gonna be like this guy:panic: and cause mayhem while I wait.

Back