**EVERYTHING*** you wanted to know about the AT-SAT

Sweet! Thanks for putting all the fish in one barrel, Trident! :laff:

*Edit*

While I search these... does anyone know where the "green book" software might be available for download? I couldn't find a place to purchase it today, and I sure don't have time to wait for shipping.

*Will trade cookies for software.*
I don't know where to download it but it's readily available from the publisher.

Go to www.asa2fly.com and put ATC-2 into the search box.

And here I sit in Oklahoma City, in an El Cheapo motel room... 16 hours until testing :>

Green book... see me through!

I took the AT-SAT in Seattle on the 30th of June. I was done in five hours. They had my score posted on the ASAP website within a day of the end of the test.

I tested today! (7/2)... bout the same. Started at 8:15, took my breaks and lunch, finished before 1:30... and the wait is already killing me.

The highlight: Hearing the guy down the row do his AT scenarios... "BOOM!" "S---!" .... "roger.." "roger..." "roger..." "BOOM" "GAAAAhhhh *mumble*"

The only thing that the Green Book software didn't really prepare me for was the letter factory. The rules are just "different," and you get penalized for some of the habits you form in using the prep software (pulling a box when you don't need it is a no-no). The instructions are so elaborate, though, that you get the hang of it really quick.

Now... either I get a neat score to post on my sig, or none of you ever hear from me again as I hang my head in shame. Time will tell :)

Any idea where I can find a link to practice the Letter Factory?

Any ideas are much appreciated!

Thanks

Leapfrog-Letter-Factory.jpg

???????? That's the best I could find. :confused::confused:

:yeahthat: HAHAHA.... WOW! You really have to wonder who stole that idea from who... I mean, come on, a "letter factory." This isn't exactly a common idea.

Chopper - even the green book software for the letter factory is a horrible prep guide, in fact it's the only part of the green book software I felt hurt more than helped. But, if you must try it for yourself, the green book CD has it!

http://forums.jetcareers.com/air-traffic-control/67820-green-book-cd.html

I'd better not get to the academy and meet little Billy Swanson with his Elmo doll. All I have to say.

alright i've got a question for anyone who has taken the AT-SAT, on the math portion I've read on here that mostly everything is ending in a 0 or 5. My question is what do you think the best way to compute these figures are in your head? For example, 350 mph/kph = 5.83 mpm. Now assume the question is asking how long it would take this plane if it were going 120 miles. Obviously I'd used the T=D/S but I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on how to make this computation easier in my head. Thanks for your help.

alright i've got a question for anyone who has taken the AT-SAT, on the math portion I've read on here that mostly everything is ending in a 0 or 5. My question is what do you think the best way to compute these figures are in your head? For example, 350 mph/kph = 5.83 mpm. Now assume the question is asking how long it would take this plane if it were going 120 miles. Obviously I'd used the T=D/S but I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on how to make this computation easier in my head. Thanks for your help.

I don't know how others would do this, but I'd do 120miles/360mph = 1/3 = 20 mins... so 120miles/350mph is slightly more than 20 mins... then pick whichever answer would match up with that.

Edit: Or, since you were doing the mph to mpm conversion... you know 360mph = 6mpm... so 350mph is just under 6mpm... then it's the same idea as above... 120miles/6mpm = 20 minutes... again, just over 20 minutes.

You're making it harder than it needs to be.

If you're not good at dividing in your head, try to figure it out another way. Half of 350 is 175 =30 minutes
A third of 350 is 116 =20 minutes

You now know your answer will be closer to 20 minutes than 30.

Of your four answers you will most likely have 2 that are close, and 2 that you can rule out. If I had to guess I'd go with whatever is closest to 21 minutes out of the given answers.

I don't know how others would do this, but I'd do 120miles/360mph = 1/3 = 20 mins... so 120miles/350mph is slightly more than 20 mins... then pick whichever answer would match up with that.

Edit: Or, since you were doing the mph to mpm conversion... you know 360mph = 6mpm... so 350mph is just under 6mpm... then it's the same idea as above... 120miles/6mpm = 20 minutes... again, just over 20 minutes.

You write faster than I do. :nana2:

Also, there's going to be some questions that would take a grand total of five seconds for a third grader to answer, so don't sweat it. You can ALWAYS skip a question if you don't understand it, and, time permitting, it will bring it back to you at the end of the section. :)

Just curious.. i assessed myself with that download thing and scored a 96.6% (2 missed out of the 45) in 24 minutes.. anyone else have times/scores?

No, but I scored better on the actual test than anything in that green book software if that's any help. The actual test is much easier, really!

Back