**EVERYTHING*** you wanted to know about the AT-SAT

Oh yea and i think im an idiot, when i applied to take the test it asked me to list the airports i want to work in i listed Newark, Philly, A.C, Leigh Valley, Baltimore, Cinci, Cleveland, anywhere in NJ and 2 other randoms, with just a college degree in Communications do you think i should have selected lower ranking airports or rearrange my selections? Can i still do that? I take the test Friday.

it doesnt matter what you put. you will get a geographic preference email in a few months asking you to list 2 states you want to work in

Oh yea and i think im an idiot, when i applied to take the test it asked me to list the airports i want to work in i listed Newark, Philly, A.C, Leigh Valley, Baltimore, Cinci, Cleveland, anywhere in NJ and 2 other randoms, with just a college degree in Communications do you think i should have selected lower ranking airports or rearrange my selections? Can i still do that? I take the test Friday.

Wait a sec....how did you list specific cities prior to taking the test...

Something isn't adding up.

It was part of the application, it had all the normal stuff and that was the last section, it asked me to select 10 airports and/or states i would prefer to work in. But i read somewhere on this site that it matters alot according to your test score and the places you choose to decide if you move on to the pepc.

While thats true, the 10 places you list on the application are meaningless. That section is only there for the other job openings that use the same application program. Thats why in the instructions it says to simply list "United States" and then "Throughout the nation".

The locations you select in the e-mail you get a few months after you test will be the real deal. So you still have the next few months to research and decide if you want to go for high level facilities or low level facilities.

well im an idiot, thanks for clearin that up. But after you pass and ect. if it gives you 2 states to pick from cant they just asign what level facility you work in?

Yeah, in the end its totally up to the FAA as to what location they will offer you. I was just responding to your original concern. Becides, within the geo. pref. e-mail there'll be a comments box which you can use to try and request specific locations within the two states, which they may consider/ignore.

So in reality say you do decent on the test say like 85-95, what are the realistic chances your chosen for the pepc?

depends on where you choose as your geographic preferences....

85-95 may be good for some locations and nowhere close to what you need for other places...

I have only used the green book and some downloads on here but that website looks good.

IM lookin for NJ or PA, something close to home, do you think they are both well qualified states? I wanna stay kinda close to home.

On a lighter note, i know we were talking about COD5 earlier, just unlocked zombie mode. It is incrediable on live.

IM lookin for NJ or PA, something close to home, do you think they are both well qualified states? I wanna stay kinda close to home.

I went NJ only for PUBNAT2... I have a well qualified score and wasn't selected. I also didn't see anyone else who was selected for NJ from PUBNAT2. There was one person that I know of from PUBNAT1 though.

So in reality say you do decent on the test say like 85-95, what are the realistic chances your chosen for the pepc?

Also, its not ALL about the AT-SAT score (though a majority is). Your work experience coupled with your AT-SAT score will be the determining factor in your competitiveness. If you score well on the AT-SAT, but only have the minimum work experience (and that work experience is just that, minimum...ie. bagging groceries) and another person comes in with the same AT-SAT score but has held management positions, or higher level positions, etc... the applicant with higher level/more work experience will probably get the job over applicant number one.

When it comes down to getting selected, the whole application along with AT-SAT will be considered.

Also, its not ALL about the AT-SAT score (though a majority is). Your work experience coupled with your AT-SAT score will be the determining factor in your competitiveness. If you score well on the AT-SAT, but only have the minimum work experience (and that work experience is just that, minimum...ie. bagging groceries) and another person comes in with the same AT-SAT score but has held management positions, or higher level positions, etc... the applicant with higher level/more work experience will probably get the job over applicant number one.

When it comes down to getting selected, the whole application along with AT-SAT will be considered.

not really true...my friend got a 95 on the test, and has over 12 years working experience (hes 30 years old), and he wasnt chosen for a spot at ZNY. but there was someone who was chosen who got a 100 on his test and is only 20 years old, and chose TERMINAL ONLY on his geo prefs. so tell me how that makes ANY sense. the FAA just puts on a blind fold and starts randomly picking people

not really true...my friend got a 95 on the test, and has over 12 years working experience (hes 30 years old), and he wasnt chosen for a spot at ZNY. but there was someone who was chosen who got a 100 on his test and is only 20 years old, and chose TERMINAL ONLY on his geo prefs. so tell me how that makes ANY sense. the FAA just puts on a blind fold and starts randomly picking people

Some people don't get selected for one reason or another...and unfortunately, we will never know why... The point was, the WHOLE application counts. Everyone is going to have a varying degree of work/college experience. The AT-SAT is very important, but so is your background.

I can't tell you why your friend got a 95, great work experience, and didn't get hired...that seems strange. But, an ATC manager told me it is the "Whole Person Concept" being reviewed at the panel and they like the applicants with "better" work/college experience...I tend to believe him. But I certainly don't think it is impossible to have a low AT-SAT score and minimal work experience to get hired.

Took the AT-SAT today in Holtsville and just wanted to say the comments about hearing the guy's computer next to you..."Roger...Roger...BOOM! =Damn!=...Roger...Roger...BOOM!" are right on. It was all I could do to keep from busting out laughing. I think it might have thrown off my Scenario a little.

At one point I just glanced around the room and almost started laughing again when I saw a bunch of people furiously clicking and frowning at the screen during LETTER FACTORY. Here we are, applying to a very serious profession, sorting colored letters into boxes. What's that? An "E"?!!! QUALITY CONTROL!!!!

I crashed one or two planes, so we'll see how I do...Good luck to everyone else.

Hey i took the test yesterday in Holtsville too! I was definatly one of the people clicking furiously and the cursing under my breathe. I crashed 2 planes but they crashed because 1 just appeared infront of an airport, and the other appeared in front of another plane, i had one refresh to change direction and i didnt get it. But i think i did alright, im just hyped to get the scores back. I heard that atst sections only worth 10 percent anyway.

Hello, everyone! Awesome thread! Very helpful! Thank you!
I've applied to PUBNAT7 and have a couple of questions. I'm wondering where exactly (in ASAP) you find the invite to the test once it's posted.
Also, sounds like they usually invite you to take the test in 2-4 months after you've applied and there is about 8-9mo wait for OK once you've taked the test. Does that sound about right?
I've also ready about backgroud check and the time it takes to complete the paperwork. What is the best time to start on the form?

thanks beforehand!

Hello, everyone! Awesome thread! Very helpful! Thank you!
I've applied to PUBNAT7 and have a couple of questions. I'm wondering where exactly (in ASAP) you find the invite to the test once it's posted.
Also, sounds like they usually invite you to take the test in 2-4 months after you've applied and there is about 8-9mo wait for OK once you've taked the test. Does that sound about right?
I've also ready about backgroud check and the time it takes to complete the paperwork. What is the best time to start on the form?

thanks beforehand!

on the home page of ASAP it will say that you have been Authorized to take the test and you will be contacted to schedule. then you will receive an email from robinson aviation some time later to schedule the test.

also, timelines from Application to OKC are hard to tell for PUBNAT7. things are taking a little longer with each announcement...so pubnat7 could be a lot longer, but no one really knows

Back