**EVERYTHING*** you wanted to know about the AT-SAT

nonono no say that!! must train hard like on impossible mission and then.. we STOMP the objective.:panic:

HEY CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF DURING THE MATH SECTION ARE YOU ALOUD TO USE SCRATCH PAPER?? OR DO YOU JUST HAVE TO DO THE MATH IN YOUR HEAD???:rawk:
THANKS

Just curious.. i assessed myself with that download thing and scored a 96.6% (2 missed out of the 45) in 24 minutes.. anyone else have times/scores?

I missed 1 in 26 minutes. They did not seem hard. The one I missed was because of a stupid mistake. If the actual test is like this, I think I'll be ok.

The one I missed was because of a stupid mistake.

:crazy: Yeah I missed the 240/480 conversion they warn you about at the beginning of the book on one of the questions... drr dr drrrr
and i think the 2nd one was because I forgot to carry the 4 not the 2 when multiplying something and got a diff. answer. :(

I'll be honest with you guys. Theres hardly a single question on the test where you can use the mpm equation. I spent so much time memorizing that chart with the 6's and it didn't pay off. That study guide, IMO, makes it seem like its too good to be true, and it is.

I'll be honest with you guys. Theres hardly a single question on the test where you can use the mpm equation. I spent so much time memorizing that chart with the 6's and it didn't pay off. That study guide, IMO, makes it seem like its too good to be true, and it is.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed this. I was seriously surprised at the lack of MPM conversions. It blindsided me a bit as it sounded like the test would be full of them. :banghead:

so nix the mpm stuff - it's just brute force crappy division?:drool:

I..I..I was so happy doing that battery. It's a shame...

Those of you who practiced using the green book and software... are the math problems more like the book or the software? The book problems are easier IMO, so I just want to know if I should expect that or the software...

Edit: Another question... the test is done on laptops (correct?) so do we get a numerical keypad or something to do the scan portion?

I took the Test in Holtsville on the 10th and I used the Green book to study and I thought it was a good mix of problems. I wasn't surprised at all by any of the problems. The test was done on a regular computer screen and keyboard. There was a laptop next to me and i think it was what the test was being taken from. Good Luck!:nana2:

My test was done on a PC not a laptop. It had a normal QWERTY full size keyboard with the number pad on the right.

Thanks everyone for all the AT-SAT help :)

I took it yesterday in NY and came out of it having no idea how I did.
We started at 8:41 and had until 4:41 to finish... There were 20 or so people and I was the third one out of there at 1:45. Dials, math, angles were fine. Analogies kicked my butt. Scan was alright... I know I missed one or two or put in a number that wasn't outside the range when the range would change on me and I'd have a screen full of planes. Letter Factory was also alright... I was already sick of it by the time all the practice runs ended and it was time to start the real thing. Air Traffic Scenarios also went fine... my efficiency scores were something like 89, 56, 84, 86. The one where I got a 56, I had two planes crash into each other when a new plane appeared right on top of one I already had :mad: and I think I had a separation error in that same one with a plane too close to the wall.

The order of things:
1. Dials
2. Math
3. Scan
4. Angles
(15 min break)
5. Letter Factory
(45 min break)
6. Air Traffic Scenarios
(15 min break)
7. Analogies
8. Personality

The second scenario was when I got my lowest efficency score as well. I had tons of seperation errors with the wall as I had been using the wall as a flight path on my practice runs with the cd from the green book. I think I would have been better off never having seen that CD.

Yeah, I took the test yesterday.

I think the green book helped me with the angles, math, and scan...being as they moved incredibly fast and they auto-changed in the book it definately helped as the test was much easier on those portions.

The letter factory and ATC scenarios of the green book were hurtful in my opinion.
Completely different than on the test.

I think the ATC scenarios were the toughest portion of the test mainly because of the triple clicking of planes (to change direction, alt, speed) was rather annoying.
The letter factory wasn't too hard... like everyone said, there is a brief gap or lack of letters before the 4 questions pop up.

Tip for the Letter Factory:
At the beginning, check which ramp is moving fastest, slowest, and which has the lowest line on the "available" part. They ask those questions a lot.

I suppose I should have read first, posted after. This is great, and answered my question. I may not like the wait times posted, but it is what it is.

Patience grasshoppa, patience. :banghead:

Tip for the Letter Factory:
At the beginning, check which ramp is moving fastest, slowest, and which has the lowest line on the "available" part. They ask those questions a lot.

I definately agree with this. This tip helped me so much . . . don't miss the easy points like these!

I just wanted to say, don't beat yourself up after the test! I live about 30 min from the test site, and I drove home crying the whole way. I felt I did horrible.

My advice, no matter how you think you are doing, keep you head on. Stay calm and collected. FINISH THE TEST!

When I got my score, I could not believe it. I have since checked 5 times to make sure I was not imagining things.

We had some girl in the March Arlington (Dallas) AT SAT during the ATC Scenarios called the test proctor over because her computer wasn't "working" right. He kept telling her to go back and read the instructions or something to that effect and she kept complaining that it wasn't working. Obviously he was trying to tell her she wasn't clicking on the right thing before giving the plane it's instructions. She got pissed off and walked out. Probably good thing she did... didn't someone else say what you click from the practice CD and what you click ont he test were different. I can't remember what we had to click on the actual test but it said it very clearly in the instructions.

Question on the Scenario portion:

Do you have to keep planes seperated if you have them at different altitudes? Does the plane blow up if it flies over the airport or just the boundary walls? Are there any bonus points for exiting and landing the planes as quickly as possilble or is it best to take it really slow?

Thanks!

Question on the Scenario portion:

Do you have to keep planes seperated if you have them at different altitudes? Does the plane blow up if it flies over the airport or just the boundary walls? Are there any bonus points for exiting and landing the planes as quickly as possilble or is it best to take it really slow?

Thanks!

Alitude seperation: You can have them "fly over" one another--you will have 4 options for altitude...1 lowest--4 highest. As long as there is atleast one difference between, you will be fine. EX: Level 3 flies over a level 1. Level 4 files over a level 2.

As for landing and "exiting"...the FASTER THE BETTER. All aircraft that "exit" need to exit at the highest speed...opposite for landing...SLOWEST SPEED....

BUT>>>>you need to get all aircraft to their destination as QUICLKY AS POSSIBLE!!!. It is best to slow the landing aircraft just before they enter the airfield. At the end of each "session" you will have an efficiency rating...the higher the better. When I took mine in March, my first one was in the the 80% range, then the other two were in the 90% range. hope this helps...any other questions let me know...

Back