Enough is enough. Just stop. Guard.

So nobody wants to fess up and admit that you're the nozzle making cat noises on guard huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not me. I'm usually too busy bragging to my FO about all the hot Tinder girls I hook up with on overnights.

I wonder how many of these guard back and forths are started by bored air traffic controllers who don't have much traffic in their sectors.... I don't think it's only pilots doing it. It literally could be anyone with an adequately equipped radio.

Uh, no. 31+ years doing ATC and have never once seen, heard of or heard rumor of a controller doing this.

When we're bored.......we sleep o_O, not screw around on Guard.

Uh, no. 31+ years doing ATC and have never once seen, heard of or heard rumor of a controller doing this.

When we're bored.......we sleep o_O, not screw around on Guard.
I assume it's a LOT harder to get away with fooling around on the radio as a controller.

Today was an AA jet on Guard advising how his GPS wasn't working and how it must be something going on near White Sands or ELP. Someone else came on and blamed it on the military and Trump.

I blame the Russians, screwing with our elections, now our satellites. :sarcasm:

Today was an AA jet on Guard advising how his GPS wasn't working and how it must be something going on near White Sands or ELP. Someone else came on and blamed it on the military and Trump.

I remember when I was doing survey work we had to map out white sands and there were only certain times of day that it could be done because they had GPS jammers or something liek
I think we're at the same regional? I've only ever had two or three captains out of, say, one hundred at SkyWest who insisted that we monitor guard. It's usually me selecting 121.5 since it was SOP at my old air ambulance/charter gig to monitor it just in case...it saved me twice there and once at SkyWest. It's typically quiet out west, everytime we go east there are always idiots BSing on guard.

I have a strong hunch that the perpetrators work for east coast-based regionals.

Yeah I can't even think of any that insisted on us listening to guard. A lot of guys do but I've never had anyone tell me I had to be listening.

18033332_1164448853665270_947083156831070346_n.jpg

I think we're at the same regional? I've only ever had two or three captains out of, say, one hundred at SkyWest who insisted that we monitor guard. It's usually me selecting 121.5 since it was SOP at my old air ambulance/charter gig to monitor it just in case...it saved me twice there and once at SkyWest. It's typically quiet out west, everytime we go east there are always idiots BSing on guard.

I have a strong hunch that the perpetrators work for east coast-based regionals.

I listen to it, but I'm not a babysitter so I won't tell the FO they have to. I would assume most CAs at SKW are still of this mindset.

It's SOP at Compass. But honestly I've heard very few shenanigans on guard out west, it's pretty quiet up and down the west coast. Even when I've gone to Denver or the Midwest I can't say I've heard much activity other than a few mistaken calls and ONE quick "check freq, you're on guard" in response. Is this an east coast thing?

Back