Enough is enough. Just stop. Guard.

Coolest thing I've heard so far was the Japanese Air Self Defense force and the Chinese Navy arguing over the sovereignty of some island in the East China Sea.
You got some serious language skills. ;) Chinese and Japanese? Hell, I can barely understand Jacksonvillese most of the time. Gotta git me one of them Rosetta Stone South'rn courses.

From the document: "Of particular importance, Section 87.173 of the FCC’s rules mandates that 121.500 MHz be used solely for emergency and distress purposes."
Not to put too fine a semantic point on this... ATC calling Skywest to relay a frequency a NORDO Delta flight is important, especially if the if the Delta pilots are awake, but is it really a condition of "emergency" or "distress"?

From the document: "Of particular importance, Section 87.173 of the FCC’s rules mandates that 121.500 MHz be used solely for emergency and distress purposes."
Not to put too fine a semantic point on this... ATC calling Skywest to relay a frequency a NORDO Delta flight is important, especially if the if the Delta pilots are awake, but is it really a condition of "emergency" or "distress"?
I would consider being NORDO under IFR, or while within controlled airspace, to be an emergency, yes, despite the existence of 14 CFR 91.185.

Especially in our post-9/11 world, if you get my drift.

I would consider being NORDO under IFR, or while within controlled airspace, to be an emergency, yes, despite the existence of 14 CFR 91.185.

Especially in our post-9/11 world, if you get my drift.

If we takeoff out of SAN, can you help me on my laptop with PBS bidding? I have many questions and will need your utmost attention and guidance.

I'm flying domestic a lot this month for the first time since leaving the old job last March. It seems this problem is as worse as ever. For one example, early yesterday evening somewhere in ZKC's airspace I had to turn down the comm to tune out someone's extended transmission at a whisper saying something like: "You're on guard, I'm on guard, we're all on guard!! :p:p". Congrats buddy, if some poor guy needed their ELT or emergency transmission heard anytime around then it wouldn't have been by me because I turned your goofball radio call down in disgust.

I don't know what types of people do this because I haven't flown with any, but I'm over it. If it's originating in 121, maybe it's about time their names start getting printed in ASAP reports describing their willful violation of the regulations. No softball union pro stands committees, I'm ready for jaggoffs like the guy last night to have their career go in front of a death squad.

Back