Endeavor ALPA to publish delinquent dues'rs

You both need to put on your big boy pants and stop throwing sand at each other in the sandbox. I hate to break it to you, but nobody gives a flying fornication about your little spat here. Grow the hell up and move on.

And yes, I get a little testy after filling out an ASAP.

You both need to put on your big boy pants and stop throwing sand at each other in the sandbox. I hate to break it to you, but nobody gives a flying fornication about your little spat here. Grow the hell up and move on.

And yes, I get a little testy after filling out an ASAP.
You guys make mistakes during 17 minute flights? :)

Trying to lighten the mood. I hate filling out ASAP's as well. Especially when it's such a boneheaded mistake.

You guys make mistakes during 17 minute flights? :)

Trying to lighten the mood. I hate filling out ASAP's as well. Especially when it's such a boneheaded mistake.

ASAP's blow. My record is two from the same trip when the captain was just hellbent on making obvious mistakes, disregarding procedure all because he was the "smartest guy on the planet" above and beyond the manufacturer, the people who own the airplane and, of course, the FAA.

Nothing more scummy than not paying what you owe. I get to throw tenants out on their asses when they don't pay and garnish their wages. A shame that ALPA can't do the same to the deadbeat former members.

Meh, the deadbeat members were the ones who were unable to negotiate with the company from May 2005 to Jan 2011. Now the JCBA is shredded to pieces. Luckily I'm not there but if I was, I wouldn't give ALPA one penny until they got the JCBA back. I like how you have a choice to not join ALPA but still have to pay the (at the time)1.95% as a "contract maintenance fee." What contract? A POS agreement signed in 1999 in a jets-for-growth concessions? Yeah, it must be very expensive to "maintain" a contract once it was already amendable after May 2005. Oh the horror.

I don't know why this is so difficult for people to understand: ALPA DOESN'T CUT YOUR CHECKS, YOUR INCOMPETENT COMPANY DOES. When the right amount of money isn't taken out by your dimwitted payroll department, that isn't ALPA's fault. You still owe your 1.90%. You don't get to pay less than I do simply because some high school drop out at Endeavor's HQ can't do simple math.

Pay what you owe, people!

It's not difficult to understand. I pay 1.9% for intelligent people not to screw me out of dues dollars.

Pay what you owe? You don't find it odd that we all magically owed after we left.....at different times and in some cases different AIRLINES? If it's happening at multiple places, you can't put the blame on incompetent payroll departments. ALPA needs to say what the bill is for rather the attempt to play "shady collections agent scam."

Pay what you owe? You don't find it odd that we all magically owed after we left.....at different times and in some cases different AIRLINES? If it's happening at multiple places, you can't put the blame on incompetent payroll departments. ALPA needs to say what the bill is for rather the attempt to play "shady collections agent scam."

The did. It was for "back dues" that my company failed to collect.

I think if they want my future dues, they should drop the little bit of $ from the past and start fresh. I'll be happy to just pay the admin fee and cost them multiples of the value of the back dues each year...

There are no "shady collections scams" going on. ALPA does an audit every single year to make sure that company payrolls processed the dues deductions correctly. In many cases, at many airlines, they don't. It's happened to AirTran pilots just like it's happened to Pinnacle pilots. They aren't screwing you, they're just collecting what you owe. Pay what you owe!

There are no "shady collections scams" going on. ALPA does an audit every single year to make sure that company payrolls processed the dues deductions correctly. In many cases, at many airlines, they don't. It's happened to AirTran pilots just like it's happened to Pinnacle pilots. They aren't screwing you, they're just collecting what you owe. Pay what you owe!

I totally agree. Hence the surprise when I had to play bill collector from ALPA.

If that's the case, then why did when I contacted them to find out what was up I was told it was a fee to be paid to remain on "inactive" status? Again, how about ALPA be a bit more up front about it? Believe it or not, their not infallible, and they are far, FAR from the fantastic organization you and Seggy believe them to be. And if I still owe it, why haven't I received a "bill" since then? When you owe anyone else and don't pay, they send you multiple requests for payment. Unless it's not really something you owe. If someone in ALPA wants to check on it for me, fantastic. If I owe it, I'll pay it at some point. Forgive me, however, if ALPA falls a bit below things like hospitals and doctors right now. From what I gathered, when I asked at the time, it wasn't something I owed, but a fee to remain "in the union and on inactive status" presented as a bill. THAT is what I don't appreciate.

I've got a pic of the bill if anyone wants to see it. Pretty sure I'd have noticed my paycheck was $350 lighter at Pinnacle. Plus, the dates on the bill are AFTER I left Pinnacle.

Last edited:
kellwolf said:
If that's the case, then why did when I contacted them to find out what was up I was told it was a fee to be paid to remain on "inactive" status? Again, how about ALPA be a bit more up front about it? Believe it or not, their not infallible, and they are far, FAR from the fantastic organization you and Seggy believe them to be. And if I still owe it, why haven't I received a "bill" since then? When you owe anyone else and don't pay, they send you multiple requests for payment. Unless it's not really something you owe. If someone in ALPA wants to check on it for me, fantastic. If I owe it, I'll pay it at some point. Forgive me, however, if ALPA falls a bit below things like hospitals and doctors right now. From what I gathered, when I asked at the time, it wasn't something I owed, but a fee to remain "in the union and on inactive status" presented as a bill. THAT is what I don't appreciate.

What you're talking about is a completely separate issue from what others here are talking about. The inactive participant fee is not something that you owe. It's optional. And I received one when I left Pinnacle, just like you did. It came with a letter that clearly explained that you only owe the money if you wish to remain an inactive participant.

What you're talking about is a completely separate issue from what others here are talking about. The inactive participant fee is not something that you owe. It's optional. And I received one when I left Pinnacle, just like you did. It came with a letter that clearly explained that you only owe the money if you wish to remain an inactive participant.

Sorry, still not doing it. Let's say you have your tenants set up on an auto-pay that you were in charge of so they don't have to worry about becoming delinquent. You only audit every year, and you realize something went wrong somewhere. Do you show up on their door and essentially say "PAY WHAT YOU OWE OR I'M KICKING YOU OUT?" 'Cause that's kinda how you're coming off. I'll be okay with paying it (and deducting it from my taxes as it was for union dues). I'm just gonna need more proof than a cryptically stamped bill in the mail.

FYI, I never got the inactive participant letter, either. So, it makes me kinda wonder why I got a bill for this but not the other. Do I actually owe less and they just rolled it into one? Let's just say my faith in ALPA bookkeeping isn't very high based on past experiences.

kellwolf said:
Sorry, still not doing it. Let's say you have your tenants set up on an auto-pay that you were in charge of so they don't have to worry about becoming delinquent. You only audit every year, and you realize something went wrong somewhere. Do you show up on their door and essentially say "PAY WHAT YOU OWE OR I'M KICKING YOU OUT?" 'Cause that's kinda how you're coming off. I'll be okay with paying it (and deducting it from my taxes as it was for union dues). I'm just gonna need more proof than a cryptically stamped bill in the mail. FYI, I never got the inactive participant letter, either. So, it makes me kinda wonder why I got a bill for this but not the other. Do I actually owe less and they just rolled it into one? Let's just say my faith in ALPA bookkeeping isn't very high based on past experiences.

You're still not listening. They sent you a single bill saying that you can pay $75 if you want to stay on inactive participant status. They didn't threaten you, and they didn't harass you for the money. They just gave you an option.

The other people here who are bitching about an audit turning up the fact that they didn't pay their regular dues is a completely different story. Pay up.

You're still not listening. They sent you a single bill saying that you can pay $75 if you want to stay on inactive participant status. They didn't threaten you, and they didn't harass you for the money. They just gave you an option.

The other people here who are bitching about an audit turning up the fact that they didn't pay their regular dues is a completely different story. Pay up.

No, they sent me a bill for $353 with no explanation whatsoever. It's on my Facebook if you wanna check it out. And they even sent it a full 6 months after I left Pinnacle. Basically, here's the breakdown on my thought process: I'm pissed at ALPA right now. If they show me the data that Pinnacle screwed up, it'll shift to adding to the list of things I'm mad at Pinnacle about. Reality? ALPA's gonna be at the end of a fairly long line if that's the case. I'll get to them eventually if I owe something. If not, well, I still don't appreciate how it was sent out to me.

Back