Endeavor ALPA to publish delinquent dues'rs

Why don't you do the ethical thing (notice the raises your union got you), call membership services, give your side of why you don't owe them money, and see what they do?
I did. Andrew was there when I called. I still disagree with the outcome.

Nothing more scummy than not paying what you owe. I get to throw tenants out on their asses when they don't pay and garnish their wages. A shame that ALPA can't do the same to the deadbeat former members.

:rolleyes:

For a time we didn't have dues check off. Was it because you didn't send your check in?
Nope. Never late on a check. It was after dues check off they brought something up. I would never be late as I didn't want the wrath of Carla!

Nothing more scummy than not paying what you owe. I get to throw tenants out on their asses when they don't pay and garnish their wages. A shame that ALPA can't do the same to the deadbeat former members.

Did you ever fix that poor mother's plumbing? :)

Seems pretty scummy to tell me I owe one thing then reconcile later at a different amount. Dues auto-deduct shouldn't make a bill show up.

Still proud of the quarter dollar I made ALPA send me. They sent a bill for hundreds threatening my standing, then seemed taken aback when I wanted a balance in my favor returned.

Sure there is. Telling people they owe money she they don't is pretty scummy. I had someone try to explain it to me when I called about the letter. Basically, I for what I got, I should have written two resignation letters, one to Pinnacle and one to ALPA. No where in the contract does it state I'll remain in the union should I separate for the company, so how thence was I supposed to know? Now,if they had sent me a letter stating "If you want to simply remain 'inactive' pay x amount," I'd have been fine with that. Instated, I just get a bill in the mail.

The bill you get after you resigned is not a balance owed, it is the cost to continue as a inactive member. I called them when I got mine and they explained it. You don't have to respond to it if you don't want to be a inactive member.
I agree, they should just say what it's for instead of just sending a bill with no explanation.

If my name shows up, someone grab me a copy. I wanna frame it.

I got a bill from them after I left 9E to go to B6. I've had dues auto deducted for years (basically since year 2 FO since year 1 got a pass due to probation, yadda yadda). If someone jacked the math up and didn't take enough out, that's not my problem. I'm still, to this day, not clear on why when I left a bill showed up about a month later asking for $$$. My last paycheck had the dues taken out just like all the ones previously. So, basically, I took a picture of it, tossed the bill and laughed. If/when it looks like we're going ALPA over here, I'll cross that bridge, however I don't, for the life of me, see how I could owe back dues unless someone that can't work Excel messed up. If that's the case, talk to them, not me. I signed up to have it auto deducted so I wouldn't HAVE to deal with crap like that. And if they weren't taking enough out, how come I didn't find out about it until AFTER I left. And how come I wasn't the ONLY one? I know at least one other 9E guy that got that letter after he left. It's crap like this that kinda sours me on ALPA.

I'm in the exact same boat. They told me that if I ever worked at an ALPA carrier again, I would owe them the $300. I was auto-deducting. If they didn't deduct properly, well, call ASA payroll...

I'm not going to pay the back dues. I'll happily pay my dues going forward, but refuse to pay any more money for the mediocre (at best) representation I received while at a regional carrier, especially since I was signed up for auto deduct!

I'm in the exact same boat. They told me that if I ever worked at an ALPA carrier again, I would owe them the $300. I was auto-deducting. If they didn't deduct properly, well, call ASA payroll...

I'm not going to pay the back dues. I'll happily pay my dues going forward, but refuse to pay any more money for the mediocre (at best) representation I received while at a regional carrier, especially since I was signed up for auto deduct!

You can refuse to pay all you want now, but I guarantee they will get their money from you within a few years.

Seems pretty scummy to tell me I owe one thing then reconcile later at a different amount. Dues auto-deduct shouldn't make a bill show up.

I don't know why this is so difficult for people to understand: ALPA DOESN'T CUT YOUR CHECKS, YOUR INCOMPETENT COMPANY DOES. When the right amount of money isn't taken out by your dimwitted payroll department, that isn't ALPA's fault. You still owe your 1.90%. You don't get to pay less than I do simply because some high school drop out at Endeavor's HQ can't do simple math.

Pay what you owe, people!

Back