DOUGSTOCK '03 update

Re: Las Vegas Update 27 October

O'Sheas... Ahh, now I'm going to get all nostaligic!

That was our old college dive hangout!

Lots of memories of "Mike (Copaman), step AWAY from the nickle slots man, we're gonna go eat!"

[ QUOTE ]
The city bus runs down the stip for $1.25. Getting on that ride at the Strat shows what you're made of..... but I'll watch from a distance!! :)

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time I was there I saw this thing where you could get a bus pass for $5. It lasted like 3 days, and you could ride as much as you wanted. Not sure the details, but ask around. If you are planning on bussing up and down the strip (I just walk usually) then it might be a good thing to save some $$.

I don't recommend walking the strip unless you have a lot of time on your hands...

the blocks may look small (from hotel to hotel) but they're actually very far from eachother (a typical 10 block i think)...

Anyone else know anything about the bus pass? that seems like a pretty valid idea as long as it doesn't divert from the strip.. but i betcha it takes a lot longer than a cab ride...

it's sounding like NYNY might be the place to meet up.. I don't know that hotel too well, so maybe someone can give info on the bars we could meet at - i have a feeling that meeting at the coaster could involve quite a few people besides all of us and it'd be easier to try and make it as simple and convenient as possible.

There are some low key lounge type bars at the Venetian, if anyone is interested in meeting there, let me know, I can find out the name of one....

We should meet at the tiger cage at MGM! Then you can walk up and get a drink at the lounge, hang out, taunt some wild beasts, and gather up the JCers.
grin.gif
When I was there they had a great band too.

From what I found that is a 30 day pass for $30. There may be something else out there but that is from the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern NV.

NYNY Bars

The Bar at Times Square
Patrons are also able to enjoy the hottest musical entertainment and "sing along" with the #1 rated dueling piano show in Las Vegas at The Bar at Times Square™. Featuring polished wood floors, this cozy bar calls to mind the old New York City pub

The Big Apple Bar
Las Vegas' newest entertainment venue, The Big Apple Bar, provides plenty of intimate seating and a huge selection of deliciously unique specialty beverages. Guests can party in almost 4,000 square feet of space to the hottest live local and national entertainers as they perform on a stage that rises above the bar itself. The bar is a perfect location to wind down from a hard day or gear up for a high-energy night.

Coyote Ugly
A southern style bar and dance saloon featuring hot female bartenders who have elevated pouring drinks to an art form. Like its New York City namesake, each night, sexy, sassy, tough talking Coyote Ugly bartenders ascend atop the bar to perform a bold show filled with stunts ranging from fire-blowing to body shots, clogging and choreographed dance numbers, all while inviting customer interaction.

Coyote Ugly would be funny!

"Hi Doug, my name is..."

"Yeah yeah whatever, check out that chick dancing on the bar! Wooooo! Ouch Kristie stoppit! Sheesh! Sorry!"

I'm pretty sure coyote ugly isn't open that early in the evening...

[ QUOTE ]
Coyote Ugly
A southern style bar and dance saloon featuring hot female bartenders who have elevated pouring drinks to an art form. Like its New York City namesake, each night, sexy, sassy, tough talking Coyote Ugly bartenders ascend atop the bar to perform a bold show filled with stunts ranging from fire-blowing to body shots, clogging and choreographed dance numbers, all while inviting customer interaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, if Coyote Ugly is anything like the one in New Orleans, we may never, ever, ever, leave.

Married guys like Doug and Eagle will have some serious bruise marks from all the pounding they'll get from their wives!

If we end up meeting there, what time do you think it will be? I won't be getting in until late. If you decide to go there, I will meet you folks there as soon as I dump my stuff off at the hotel.

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, if Coyote Ugly is anything like the one in New Orleans, we may never, ever, ever, leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

unless your toasted, the girls aren't all that hot - i've seen much better in vegas (typically at studio 54 or RA and they're approachable)... the only thing i don't like about CU is that there's no dance floor and it's usually claustrophobicly crowded but with men, not women (i went there as part of the bachelorette party).... so, if your wanting to meet women (cuz you won't meet those bartenders), then it'd be better to hit elsewhere where the cover is less (typ $20 for guys on a friday/saturday night) and the girls are plentiful...

I don't mind going anywhere as long as there's either eye candy or a dance floor... I'll even hit the S clubs with ya and give doug the dollar bills - but no cheetahs cuz we're not allowed in there....

You're right, they're not that hot, but the things they do definitely get your attention. Plus, if you're like me, and just sitting there and enjoying the show instead of hoooting and hollering and screaming up a storm like 90 percent of the guys, then they make you a part of it. That was the kicker in New Orleans for me.

I may be the only guy here who will say this, but, nope, not really interested in the strip clubs. For me, a strip club is like being a kid in a candy store who is told, you can look at the candy, the candy might move in front of you, but no matter what you do, you cannot eat the candy. What's the point?

You're definitely right about Studio 54. That's a lot of fun! Or what I remember of it was.

I'll go anywhere you folks want.

And if you folks are feeling like burning off all the calories from the liquor and buffets, there's some really cool hiking trails near Vegas. I did the Red Rocks one last time I was in Vegas.

http://gorp.away.com/gorp/location/nv/hik_vega.htm

Some good clubs from what I understand are Rum Jungle at Mandalay Bay, Studio 54 at MGM, and Rain at the Palms. I was actually at Rum Jungle but sorry don't remember how good it was (but the first 30 minutes I was there was a hoot)

[ QUOTE ]
but no cheetahs cuz we're not allowed in there....

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

I vote for no strip clubs (waste of time and money, I have a girlfriend) and minimal on the covercharges. If I pay $20 to get in somewhere I better get something other than $12 martinis. Speaking of which, Red Bar?

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but no cheetahs cuz we're not allowed in there....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why?

[/ QUOTE ] dunno - girls are just not allowed in like they are with the others...

but as it is, i'm not that interested in going - but i know how it sometimes goes when you have a ton of guys and few girls in a group...so i'm not opposed but i also don't condone it or recommend it either.. i just tag along and buy the drinks (I'm usually the one that gets hit on the most as it is cuz i'm a girl and girls are considered safe to the other girls)...

I've heard that Rain is good, one of the newest but i' haven't been yet... i've seen huge lines at Rum Jungle but have also heard it's very good - altho very dressy and expensive...I've had a blast at RA and studio 54 but studio 54 is a heck of a lot larger than RA and RA's line usually forms up quickly and lasts for hours because it is a smaller place. I've heard that C2K (venetian??) is good also but haven't been...

personally, I'd prefer a club or just a bar so we can either drink/dance or drink/talk cuz us girls are gonna need something to do besides watch you guys talk the s**t all night! hahaha
grin.gif

What/where is red bar???

anyone up for doing dinner on friday or do you all just want to get together for the late night activities?

I would like to get together earlier in the evening before we go to a club, just due to the fact it can be pretty difficult to carry a conversation over loud music. Is there a place that we can all meet earlier in the evening to plan our night out? Perhaps get together, go to a casual dinner and then hit the town? Any thought or ideas?

A good place to meet up with people was in the Venetian at one of their restaurants. If you go when they're just opening up, before the dinner rush, you can easily find people.

I met with clients at the Aqua Knox and the V Bar and didn't have any trouble finding them. But you definitely want to make sure you get there early.

Back