DOUGSTOCK '03 update

Re: Las Vegas Update 27 October

not as of yet.. we're trying to find a good meeting place...

one suggestion was to meet at the top of the stratosphere - but if we meet there, we have to stay there for a bit cuz cab rides are not cheap in that town!!

we could walk down from stratosphere to holy cow and have a few of those tiny burgers they have there (i forget what they're called?!)....

we might be able to get luckier up in that area too (video poker/blackjack)...

other suggestion was to meet at the new york roller coaster and start there...

I'm also thinking we could meet at sahara's roller coaster too...

but whereever we meet, we should make it "good"...

any other suggestions?

Matt
Na we're scheduled to leave Thursday am for home. I could always break the airplane to get stranded for a few extra days, but I'm saving that trick for a trip with another time, if you know what I mean.
wink.gif

Hey, did you guys get my suggestion for meeting at Nectar in the Bellagio. If you did and want to meet else where that is great too. I have just seen the line for the NYNY rollercoaster going all the way down the stairs. I think we need to pin point a spot where we all walk around with JC names tags.

"Hi, my name is Ophir, and I am a . . . "

"Holy Cow" is Holy Closed.

Been looking a lot like Reno around the strip as of recent.

[ QUOTE ]
Been looking a lot like Reno around the strip as of recent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as long as Lt. J. Dangle from Reno 911 doesn't show up.

I'm getting in pretty late on Friday (11:30 PM). I'll probably need a few drinks to feel better so if people want to go and grab one somewhere, I'm all for that.

[ QUOTE ]
"Holy Cow" is Holy Closed.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO WAY!!! that's interesting!!

I think we have a lot more options if we were to meet in the 4 corners area (excalibur/NYNY/MGM/Tropicana) than if we meet up at the north end of the strip... then we could all travel together to the north end, do the coaster and go from there...

only thing - with all of us, it'll take about 3-4 cabs to get all us in.. hahaha each cab can only hold 5 at a time...

we need someplace "down low" where there won't be a lot of people - so we can easily find each other since we won't have nametags yet (or not at all...).. anyone know of a really lame bar/lounge in the 4 corners area?

[ QUOTE ]
we need someplace "down low" where there won't be a lot of people - so we can easily find each other since we won't have nametags yet (or not at all...)..

[/ QUOTE ]

Nametags?

Sorry not a chance for this guy. I spent 20 years with my name on my shirt.. Not doing that ever again...

:p

HOWEVER....

I just head from the last confirmed member and he too is over 21, Soooooooo it need not be at the juice bar...

Woo Hoooo.

Of course I have not heard from

lruppert
Iwareboy
Twothousandgt

And I am not sure they are coming or not.

Anybody got two, spare carbuetors for a Lycoming O320-B?

That's what we're waiting on ... otherwise the mighty Apache would be ready to go ... hoping they come in before next weekend.

Grr.
crazy.gif

we gotta set up an official meeting place and time for both days because I won't be in until Saturday around noon.

ok - here's a need to know then...

what time & day will everyone be getting into vegas?

Doug and myself will get into town between 12-2pm...

I think meeting up around 5pm on friday night (for dinner etc) would be a good start - and probably a bar would be a good place to start happy hour then move on to dinner at one of the "good" buffets... TI has a good buffet, mandalay has a good buffet, luxor has a good buffet, paris is excellent but you have to get in line early...mgm is good but expensive...

then i'm thinking meet up at noon on saturday...

If a general meeting time was firmed up that would be great. Since work is keeping me from spending the entire weekend in sin city I was going to try and fly down Friday or Saturday night eat, drink, and be merry then fly back.

Wish we could go. Sounds like it's going to be a pretty happening event. I was winging it to see if events would pan out to make it, but next weekend is going to be pretty busy. Friday is my last day in the Navy, Sunday is my anniversary, and the movers are coming on Monday to move our stuff to Lake Mary. We'll be waiting intently to hear all about it though!

I'm going to be arriving on Thursday morning/afternoon. I can only stay until Saturday afternoon. Tell me where to go, I'll be there!

I am coming in Friday afternoon. I will most likely drop my stuff at the hotel and then find you guys.

What is the plan on Saturday? Airshow anyone???

I'll be arriving around 12:30pm on saturday. How about we meet at a place that no one can miss, how about at the sports bar at the mirage? in front of California Pizza kitchen in front of the sports bar?

I think we gotta have a sign or something, or else how are we going to know whos who?

How about everyone meeting at the top of the Stratosphere.. You could all ring in the festivities with a hop on the Big Shot.

[ QUOTE ]
How about everyone meeting at the top of the Stratosphere.. You could all ring in the festivities with a hop on the Big Shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most everyone is on the south end of the strip (NY NY Luxor)

The coaster at NY NY may be a better choice, not that you are goting to get *me* on it but the location is fine.

The city bus runs down the stip for $1.25. Getting on that ride at the Strat shows what you're made of..... but I'll watch from a distance!! :)

You guys dont want to meet at stratosphere, that area is ghetto. The NYNY roller coaster might be a better idea. I think "Shadows" in Cesars Palace might be a fun place. Or how about Tropicana where you can play tic-tac-toe against a chicken?

and Doug, I heard the Aladdin has one of the best buffets, so you should check them out.

I wont be able to make it,but I go there about 4 time a year. So I thought I'ld throw out some suggestions. good luck and have fun.

FYI for those of you on a budget, go to O'sheas for some bomb-diggity $.99 Hot dogs or nachos. Stay away from the 1.49 ultra dog (mega dog)

Back