Denver Area Opportunities Wanted

luma8767

Hello All:

Finally making my dream come true and I've decided to move to Denver. I've got about 5800 TT with all that fancy turbine PIC experience in a CRJ. Currently flying a 777 and may not work a whole lot.

I'll have about 12-18 days off (on a good month) and I'm looking for something to do with my time off besides ski and learn the local area.

Would be great to find a flying gig - preferably part 91 or even instructing again. Loved being an instructor.

Any good leads or ideas would be greatly appreciated. If not, I'll be an uber driver, maybe even become a bartender - or who knows. Might hit the gym!! How fun!

Depending on where you live, Centennial (APA south) or Jeffco (BJC north) offer plenty of opportunities to instruct. A few other airports such as Erie and Boulder offer opportunity as well. Towing gliders at Boulder is always an option if you can get in there. There is also some 91/135 charter stuff around too but I'm not as familiar with those.

Check out these guys at Jeffco (BJC) for quality place to instruct out of - http://mcairaviation.com/

If you're looking for something to do with your free time, and you don't need the money (777 pilot), why not look for a nonprofit or charity to volunteer for? There are tons of organizations that would love to have the help of a professional with time to give. The possibilities are endless, depending on what you are interested in. If you love skiing, there are charities right there in Denver that, for example, help teach people with disabilities skiing, etc.

Even if you wanted to stay strictly within aviation, there are plenty of places you could donate your time to pay forward your experience and help fellow pilots or inspire the next generation of aviators.

Just out of curiosity, what 777 operator would let you do commercial flying (instructing) on the side?

If you're looking for something to do with your free time, and you don't need the money (777 pilot), why not look for a nonprofit or charity to volunteer for? There are tons of organizations that would love to have the help of a professional with time to give. The possibilities are endless, depending on what you are interested in. If you love skiing, there are charities right there in Denver that, for example, help teach people with disabilities skiing, etc.

Even if you wanted to stay strictly within aviation, there are plenty of places you could donate your time to pay forward your experience and help fellow pilots or inspire the next generation of aviators.

Just out of curiosity, what 777 operator would let you do commercial flying (instructing) on the side?
If he just stepped into 777s it's probably Omni or Southern. In which case he very much needs the money.

Great ideas! And yep, I probably work for one of those companies mentioned. Don't we all need more money?

Flight for Life Colorado has a 1/1 schedule in King Air 200s that I hear they have the G1000 rig single pilot.

Flights Inc. is a really school at APA, instructors are independent contractors, make your own schedule, get paid well, a few instructors there are charter pilots and instruct there on their time off, so its a very flexible place to work

Check out Aspen Flying Club at APA. Very nice fleet. Alliance Flight Training (FTG) and Western Air Flight Academy (BJC) are a part of the same family (work for one, work for all of them, I think). Many of the CFIs are part timers, and at least one is a current airline captain (Boutique).

At least that's what I was told when I went to talk to the folks at the FTG location about joining the club to get a BFR completed.

I don't want to derail this thread but since it's been mentioned already. I moved to Denver five months ago and would love to do more volunteering. I work for an airline based here and if there are any volunteer opportunities in aviation I'd love to hear about them. Same with skiing if anyone could point out any organizations

I don't want to derail this thread but since it's been mentioned already. I moved to Denver five months ago and would love to do more volunteering. I work for an airline based here and if there are any volunteer opportunities in aviation I'd love to hear about them. Same with skiing if anyone could point out any organizations

http://www.coppercolorado.com/winter/the_mountain/safety/volunteer-patrol
Also I think most ski areas have some kind of volunteer programs they do, I know Winter Park does, plus they give you free lift tickets in return

Feel free to PM should you wanna go check out anything like this together. I'll be back in Denver on Jan 11

Feel free to PM should you wanna go check out anything like this together. I'll be back in Denver on Jan 11

Are you a mountain biker? Lots of volunteer opportunities to be had, stuff for hikers/trail building days too all around.

Back