Delta vs. United

It's probably because SkyWest does so much flying for other mainline partners. The whole point of Aviate is to keep United's regionals staffed and they don't want to spend money helping their competitors staff their regional feed.

Technically United has no regionals. Mesa is independent and has many branches. United, American and now DHL. They're a supposedly minority stakeholder in your regional, but still seem to carry a heavy weight. I've heard that UA can't have wholly owns, due to a clause in their contract that all mainline and WO have to be staffed by UA FA's.

Depending on the time of the day, JFK could be a 2 hour drive for me. Other times, it could be 1:20. Just depends on the time of the day.

It seems if I was on reserve at Delta in NYC, that could be too far from the airport.

Depending on the time of the day, JFK could be a 2 hour drive for me. Other times, it could be 1:20. Just depends on the time of the day.

It seems if I was on reserve at Delta in NYC, that could be too far from the airport.
All of our reserve is LC, and short call isn't a defined number. But at both airlines I doubt you sit reserve a month or longer, you should know this as every airline NYC is junior.

As I was so frequently told here as of late. "Finish your multi-engine training and then start looking for a low-time building job, before you start worrying about which regional to go to." Without facts, that you seem unwilling to give out to the group at large. I'm going to put you in the corner (no one puts baby in the corner) of just looking to start flight training, or still in the thicket of it. Finish your training as again was told to me, before you worry about the next step. Wise, but hard words at time to swallow when you're looking hard and hungry at the next step of your future career.

As I was so frequently told here as of late. "Finish your multi-engine training and then start looking for a low-time building job, before you start worrying about which regional to go to." Without facts, that you seem unwilling to give out to the group at large. I'm going to put you in the corner (no one puts baby in the corner) of just looking to start flight training, or still in the thicket of it. Finish your training as again was told to me, before you worry about the next step. Wise, but hard words at time to swallow when you're looking hard and hungry at the next step of your future career.
Did you finish yet?

Lol some anonymity is a good thing. I do have thousands of hours man. There are quite a few now who are the position to choose between these two airlines.

Lol some anonymity is a good thing. I do have thousands of hours man. There are quite a few now who are the position to choose between these two airlines.

Trying to believe that bro, but again if you got thousands of hours, why are you still living at home? Also why do I with barely approaching 500 tt. seem to be better informed about airline stuff, than you? Just sayin' you know legitimate questions an all.

Trying to believe that bro, but again if you got thousands of hours, why are you still living at home? Also why do I with barely approaching 500 tt. seem to be better informed about airline stuff, than you? Just sayin' you know legitimate questions an all.
Not sure. Never really had a serious girlfriend or anything. I'm pretty much on my own in that department. Our home is relatively close to the airports I fly out of, so it made sense for me to stay and save/invest the money I would have spent on a place. I also do not see a reason to rent instead of buy.

If you are happy living there, and can see yourself staying in the area and raising family there etc, this will be a big advantage for you. Those bases always go junior, always have the widebodies, served by all etc etc.. Flip a coin.

Back in my day, people were lucky to get an interview at Atlas. Now we've got kids asking for advice on which legacy to go to because they're not sure where they want to be once they move out of their parents house.

Honestly, this is • bat • insane after the last 18 months, and I feel like I'm taking crazy pills reading this.

Enjoy it will it lasts. I'm sure the next round of airline bankruptcies and mass furloughs will be here before we know it.

Enjoy it will it lasts. I'm sure the next round of airline bankruptcies and mass furloughs will be here before we know it.
Which is why getting on a mainline seniority list is critical in this business. Get on with a place that has to hire thousands of people after you as well. Not a perfect system, but it can reduce the risk of furlough, or at least make the furlough shorter.

Not uncommon for people growing up in some parts of NY/NJ to stay at home until they buy a property. Especially some who grew up with parents that immigrated here.

Not what I did, but I have multiple friends from high school that lived with family until they bought a place of their own in their 30’s.

Back