Delta Policy Covers Colgan?

This may be an inappropriate question at this time, and I apologize if it is. Mods - delete as you feel necessary.

How does the insurance company determine the payout to the families of the crash victims? Do they do an analysis of projected lost income, or does the insurance company set a value that will offset a potential loss in a civil suit? How's it work?

This may be an inappropriate question at this time, and I apologize if it is. Mods - delete as you feel necessary.

How does the insurance company determine the payout to the families of the crash victims? Do they do an analysis of projected lost income, or does the insurance company set a value that will offset a potential loss in a civil suit? How's it work?

There is a set loss of life payout.

In training we were told it was 5 million a person. I've heard from other sources that there can occasionally be higher payouts depending on someones career earning potential.

In training we were told it was 5 million a person. I've heard from other sources that there can occasionally be higher payouts depending on someones career earning potential.

That's what I was told from an aviation insurance guy a few years back.

Back