Delta backsout of $24000 seat vouchers.

Wait, they drove from OAK to ... freakin' MRY?? to rebook a flight ... to SLC?? In what universe does that make sense?

Find it hard to believe they couldn’t have found something out of SFO or SJC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hmmm…..
How much you care; could you care less?
No, and couldn’t possibly care less.…..
So you could care more, you just don’t.

Do you care?
No, and couldn’t possibly care less.….
Um, less than what? Less than you do NOW? Doesn’t this mean you care a little?

You might have written: “I COULD care less”. However, this too, means you care. This describes that your level of care is equal to or less than anyone else.

The proper grammar is: “I don’t care!” If, in fact, you really have NO care about the subject at hand.

Hmmm…..
How much you care; could you care less?

So you could care more, you just don’t.

Do you care?

Um, less than what? Less than you do NOW? Doesn’t this mean you care a little?

You might have written: “I COULD care less”. However, this too, means you care. This describes that your level of care is equal to or less than anyone else.

The proper grammar is: “I don’t care!” If, in fact, you really have NO care about the subject at hand.
Todd's right and you're wrong.

I had this happen at as a gate agent so many times, ask for volunteers and not need them...or need them then the flight has a post-boarding cancelation. The fine print on the volunteer voucher even said (for UA) that it's void if the flight doesn't operate...

I had this happen at as a gate agent so many times, ask for volunteers and not need them...or need them then the flight has a post-boarding cancelation. The fine print on the volunteer voucher even said (for UA) that it's void if the flight doesn't operate...

So if you accept the voucher to give up your seat, and the flight cancels, and now you don’t get the voucher, does the airline still rebook you?

If the family took the deal and went to find another means to get home do you think at that point they care whether or not the flight was canceled? The airline offered to buy them out, they took the deal and walked away, those seats are the airlines problem, I doubt they were asking to buy them back if they hadn't already sold them to someone else so if your position is those seats would've been empty you need a nap or something. I'd hire an attorney and let him take all of the profits just out of spite for how I'd been treated if I was them.
No behavior is easier to justify than that which is in one's own best interests.

Quick question, if the airline uses vouchers to by a seat back, resells it and the flight cancels are they obligated to compensate both parties or just the one who was expecting to fly?

The razor thin margins the airlines profess to be trying to squeeze a profit from for the shareholders is the root of the problem, knowingly overselling flights banking on statistics that show someone will miss their flight and if everyone shows up they'll take the loss in vouchers sounds good to the accountants. That same mindset trickles into operations and scheduling for everyone that works there and eventually everyone is pissed off, including the customers. Is it any wonder that we see so much bad behavior in airports currently? I'm very happy to never have joined that rodeo, 91/135/145 has many of the same problems but for the most part they're kept private. I still consider Delta as probably our premier domestic airline and I'll pay the premium to fly on their aircraft rather than getting in a fight with an obese "lady" over an armrest on Spirit, but incidents like these make Delta look a little less shiny. It seems like such a no-brainer to honor the deal they made, rather than any bad press they'd have word of mouth cheerleaders that will also likely be loyal lifetime customers, they've done the exact opposite. Those people will • talk Delta to everyone they can (Thanks Social Media!) and probably choose the competition next time. And before someone gets their hat tilted sideways there is still competition and everyone's trying to be number 1.

The razor thin margins the airlines profess to be trying to squeeze a profit from for the shareholders is the root of the problem, knowingly overselling flights banking on statistics that show someone will miss their flight and if everyone shows up they'll take the loss in vouchers sounds good to the accountants. That same mindset trickles into operations and scheduling for everyone that works there and eventually everyone is pissed off, including the customers. Is it any wonder that we see so much bad behavior in airports currently? I'm very happy to never have joined that rodeo, 91/135/145 has many of the same problems but for the most part they're kept private. I still consider Delta as probably our premier domestic airline and I'll pay the premium to fly on their aircraft rather than getting in a fight with an obese "lady" over an armrest on Spirit, but incidents like these make Delta look a little less shiny. It seems like such a no-brainer to honor the deal they made, rather than any bad press they'd have word of mouth cheerleaders that will also likely be loyal lifetime customers, they've done the exact opposite. Those people will • talk Delta to everyone they can (Thanks Social Media!) and probably choose the competition next time. And before someone gets their hat tilted sideways there is still competition and everyone's trying to be number 1.

I'm a little shocked.

Didn't we go from reporting on how crews were buying tickets and leveraging oversold flights, to asking how the airlines recompense oversells to the above post?

Are we a pro or are we just spitballing? :)

I'm a little shocked.

Didn't we go from reporting on how crews were buying tickets and leveraging oversold flights, to asking how the airlines recompense oversells to the above post?

Are we a pro or are we just spitballing? :)
I'm old and just ruminating on what I have seen and currently see, am I wrong?

A couple of questions.
- Are PAX advised of the voucher conditions when they give up their seats?
- Did the family ever get the voucher so they were able to see the fine print?

Back