Delta is planning on hiring 1300 in 2020

Lol... I ain’t clicking a “nut powder” link tho.
It's safe! Try it. Best thing to hit aviation since shoulder harnesses. Really! :)
p.s. I was just there, and I'm about as paranoid about computer hygiene as it gets. I can't even book a Delta ticket, 'cause they won't abide a proxy.

Dear Derg.... Hahaha

I'm at 9e and we're pushing for better career progression than just the DGI. I wonder how this will coincide with Delta hiring. Either way, not trying to wait around for a flow or DGI.

Dear Derg.... Hahaha

I'm at 9e and we're pushing for better career progression than just the DGI. I wonder how this will coincide with Delta hiring. Either way, not trying to wait around for a flow or DGI.

I‘m not privy to anything of the above.

I’m heavily unconfident, personally, there will ever be another flow.

If it was going that direction you would think the DGI pass rate would be higher than 50%.
It’s at a solid 49%... not bad!

But seriously, guys straight out of college with only 3 years of real work experience are getting hired at delta through the DGI. That’s not terrible.

Guaranteed handouts and guys will still complain. LOL

Reminds me of a JSer a couple months ago complain about having to have 1,000 hrs SIC before he could upgrade even though he has CAs junior to him. If I had the worlds smallest violin...

It’s at a solid 49%... not bad!

But seriously, guys straight out of college with only 3 years of real work experience are getting hired at delta through the DGI. That’s not terrible.

So, then why are so few others making the cut? These DGI's CCP's etc. seem to have poorer numbers than OTS hires.

So, then why are so few others making the cut? These DGI's CCP's etc. seem to have poorer numbers than OTS hires.
My theory and mine alone based on a wild ass guess...

-OTS are more successful because their app was scored by a person and were invited to interview. They already like that person. The DGI was not invited. They may or may not be what Delta is looking for.
- Those OTS pilots most likely have robust resumes/ applications. A DGI pilot can go to an interview with college, regional FO, and regional Capt on their resumes and that’s it. Also, given reserve times for new captains, they can also have low turbine PIC time when their interview comes up.

Guaranteed handouts and guys will still complain. LOL

Reminds me of a JSer a couple months ago complain about having to have 1,000 hrs SIC before he could upgrade even though he has CAs junior to him. If I had the worlds smallest violin...
World’s smallest keyboard pressing F to pay respects.

So.... in other words someone qualified for the job?

I don’t have a dog in this fight, but it is worth pointing out that qualified and competitive are different.

In general I root for you in all the tussles you get into here (except for peeing sitting down) but if there is a widget person here that is asking someone to hold their earrings right now, I think they may be justified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t have a dog in this fight, but it is worth pointing out that qualified and competitive are different.

In general I root for you in all the tussles you get into here (except for peeing sitting down) but if there is a widget person here that is asking someone to hold their earrings right now, I think they may be justified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or. You could say the truth of all the these interview programs. They are in place to get butts into the seats at said regional, period. Isn’t EDV owned by Delta? Why should Delta take an EDV guy and pay for 2 training cycles when they take an OTS and pay for 1? Keeping hiring numbers below 50% sounds about right to a bean counter.

Last edited:
Or. You could say the truth of all the these interview programs. They are in place to get butts into the seats at said regional, period. Isn’t EDV owned by Delta? Why should Delta take an EDV guy and pay for 2 training cycles when they take an OTS and pay for 1? Keeping hiring numbers below 50% sounds about right to a bean counter.
Im with you on point 1...Thats exactly what the AA flow program is. Its a employee retention program and carrot dangle to keep those working at Eagle for less money. Point 2, I dont think interviewers or hiring boards forgo hiring someone because of a downstream hiring cycle.

[
Im with you on point 1...Thats exactly what the AA flow program is. Its a employee retention program and carrot dangle to keep those working at Eagle for less money. Point 2, I dont think interviewers or hiring boards forgo hiring someone because of a downstream hiring cycle.
Edv's DGI program may have some ability to retain pilots but it won't have the enticement Americans does. DGI is, at best, both practically and mathematically a half measure. Well almost a half measure. If the attrition gets too high delta will just pay edv pilots more like every other time. I used to think that wasn't enough but the truth is that it isn't enough for very long. When you give people money they gain independence.

5C1E530A-3E5A-4DC9-AFB4-933B0B3A37BC.jpeg

Back