Delta is planning on hiring 1300 in 2020

No, not at all. Absolutely anyone qualified to be a regional FO is already qualified to be a mainline FO. As someone else already mentioned, there’s a huge difference between qualified and competitive.
Y'all I don't say this all the time, but this goofy rotor head was at, bargain basement price, one of the most collected and intelligent young men I had the pleasure of meeting and working with. From day one to day last an ardent professional and a tolerant man of an old captain with few brains cells and no common sense.

Cheers to a good man. Not amazing, or over the top, or a whirlwind of fun. He was a good dude who deserved a break and he- he's gonna be great!

I say again, cheers to a good man! Someone should name a tortoise after him. Funny effer too. A good man shall get ahead sometimes.

There is no better thing than a good man. And there are no great men.

Y'all I don't say this all the time, but this goofy rotor head was at, bargain basement price, one of the most collected and intelligent young men I had the pleasure of meeting and working with. From day one to day last an ardent professional and a tolerant man of an old captain with few brains cells and no common sense.

Cheers to a good man. Not amazing, or over the top, or a whirlwind of fun. He was a good dude who deserved a break and he- he's gonna be great!

I say again, cheers to a good man! Someone should name a tortoise after him. Funny effer too. A good man shall get ahead sometimes.

There is no better thing than a good man. And there are no great men.

Have another whiskey for me you crazy monkey!

Any idea of what is currently competitive at the widget ?

I'm a little out of the loop as I've been on MIL leave for almost two years. Also, I have a helo background so very limited on my Airline network of friends.

thanks.

I'm a little out of the loop as I've been on MIL leave for almost two years. Also, I have a helo background so very limited on my Airline network of friends.

thanks.
anecdotal, but the guys at my shop who have gotten interviews and offers the past few months have all been check airmen, one for about 6 months, with around 4k-5k TT, over 1k tpic, and an internal rec.

thanks.
There really is no competitive number. We’ve had FOs with no PIC and civilian background from my airline get hired, captains with less than 100 TPIC get hired, military guys get denied, etc. Internal recommendations seem to help.

Every weird old guy was once a young guy. If you don’t know who from your indoc class is gonna be the weird old guy, I’ve got some bad news for you...
Why, what's the bad news? *stupid look*

I'm gonna be cool as hell and start every brief with "I'm really laid back and I keep it straight out of the book". *wanking motion*

Last edited:
Why, what's the bad news? *stupid look*

I'm gonna be cool as hell and start every brief with "I'm really laid back and I keep it straight out of the book". *waking motion*
Yup. Then kick a pair of these up on the foot rest.
FA86D85F-0379-4DD3-B289-835E6D4A6BB3.jpeg

Doesn't matter. The weird old guys taught the new guys how to behave.

Normally I’m the first guy to make fun of a Delta double breast 4 stripper but if this is case where a FO is forced to think about how he’s doing things, then good on the Delta Capn.’

I use my own headset. I always plug back the shop headset. So do that. And don’t floss. Or clip your nails.

There really is no competitive number. We’ve had FOs with no PIC and civilian background from my airline get hired, captains with less than 100 TPIC get hired, military guys get denied, etc. Internal recommendations seem to help.
Just had 5 friends get the call, 2 hired so far and 3 to interview in the last 2 months. All regional captains, except 1. Couple were recruiters, 1 family at DL, 2 just normal regional captains at 3000 TT and 500 TPIC. Like you said....all had internals

Happened so fast I went from knowing no one at DL to seeing my friends get picked off 1 by 1. Things are certainly moving quick.

Back