Delta is planning on hiring 1300 in 2020

“You’re going to really shoot up the seniority list.!”

This is actually one thing I don’t see happening at DAL for me if they call. It’s my number one choice, even though I know I likely won’t achieve WB Captain. I think I could do it at any of the other legacies, but DAL has been packing them in pretty good for the past few years.

WB pay ASAP makes FedEx very attractive (along with their culture, contract, etc) and it’s high on my list, too.

Now getting up to 85% or better before the next furlough? That’s what I want. Baby steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is actually one thing I don’t see happening at DAL for me if they call. It’s my number one choice, even though I know I likely won’t achieve WB Captain. I think I could do it at any of the other legacies, but DAL has been packing them in pretty good for the past few years.

WB pay ASAP makes FedEx very attractive (along with their culture, contract, etc) and it’s high on my list, too.

Now getting up to 85% or better before the next furlough? That’s what I want. Baby steps.

We hired a lot 2014-2017, 2018 and 2019 have been pretty slow compared to 14-17.

“You really got here at a great time”!

How old are you?

How old are you?

I’ll have just turned 38 when I start my new job (whatever that is). I don’t have much intention at the moment to stay past about 58.

Just some rough math based on current seniority list percentages and retirement numbers (from APC, fwiw) wasn’t promising, but it’s really far off so there is no telling. I’m also a novice at all of this, so there is that.

Just some rough math based on current seniority list percentages and retirement numbers (from APC, fwiw) wasn’t promising, but it’s really far off so there is no telling. I’m also a novice at all of this, so there is that.

Yeah don’t count anything out, you never know what may (or may not) happen in this industry.

I’ll have just turned 38 when I start my new job (whatever that is). I don’t have much intention at the moment to stay past about 58.

youll have no problem getting to NB captain and maybe WB captain in 20 years just about anywhere.

This is true.

January 2020 Delta announces that the “TicTac” UFO was actually a secret Delta time warping inter-dimensional craft. Target and Costco sell family packages to go back in time for $10,000. No one wants to fly from New Bern, NC to Atlanta when they can fly back in time. Pilots furloughed. Tic Tac flight schools scramble for instructors...

I setup a spreadsheet of retirement data at the legacy carriers, and the I would have never cracked the top 25% at Delta. United and American would have worked out ok.

I'll retire at around 8% at my current shop if we don't merge with everyone, get all of our airplanes, and never shrink.

I setup a spreadsheet of retirement data at the legacy carriers, and the I would have never cracked the top 25% at Delta. United and American would have worked out ok.

I'll retire at around 8% at my current shop if we don't merge with everyone, get all of our airplanes, and never shrink.
You're not accounting for the all the people who are going to medical out above you...Funny how its never going to be us thats *the guy who medicals out :) !

You're not accounting for the all the people who are going to medical out above you...Funny how its never going to be us thats *the guy who medicals out :) !

this is true. A LOT of guys are on medical leave. I’d say out of my original ground school class, probably at least 20%

Back