Delta hiring slowing?

An extended max grounding might change some hiring pictures 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
Maybe if you have Max's...but for those who don't have Max's...and have already completed door inspections on all -900ER's that haven't been through one heavy MX cycle...thus meaning they'll already be complete in 2 months when the FAA says inspect all door plugs...those air lines will be ok, I think. So I've heard ;)

Maybe if you have Max's...but for those who don't have Max's...and have already completed door inspections on all -900ER's that haven't been through one heavy MX cycle...thus meaning they'll already be complete in 2 months when the FAA says inspect all door plugs...those air lines will be ok, I think. So I've heard ;)
Could even be a positive for hiring/climbing the seniority ladder if you work for one of those Air Lines….

It gets better:
• The 1600 PIC time doesn't start until you're accepted into the program. Any previous PIC doesn't count. This was explicitly confirmed during our "town hall."
• You can have at most four "unexcused absences." We don't have excused/unexcused absences at this shop. Someone asked one of the airline execs in the "town hall," and he coyly said "Our pilots know our attendance policy." (Every day we take, whether sick, emergency, etc, is one day. Calling out sick for a four day == four days. In other words, as it reads, call in sick for a four day and you're out.)
• Absences can't touch vacation, holiday, or training, or you're out.
• Any issues in training, such as an extra sim, and you're out.
• Pilots applying have to complete a full interview.
• There's some other stuff in there, too, but I'm just too over it rn.
There was a slight variant when I was in Aviate that you could still flow with either 2000 or 2500 SIC or something like that; upgrade wasn’t required.

They also had a variant on whether or not the pilot had a degree (I know, I know) and it was straight opt-in, no interview.

But a lot of that changed before the program you all got offered.

The UAX-exclusive carriers, from what I heard, were pretty equally pissed about the SKW program, for different reasons.

There was a slight variant when I was in Aviate that you could still flow with either 2000 or 2500 SIC or something like that; upgrade wasn’t required.
I have opinions.

They also had a variant on whether or not the pilot had a degree (I know, I know) and it was straight opt-in, no interview.
I also have opinions.

The UAX-exclusive carriers, from what I heard, were pretty equally pissed about the SKW program, for different reasons.
I think it’s basically unsafe and should drive every pilot at SKW into the arms of fun liveries as soon as they restart hiring (as applicable).

giphy.gif

The union at the “fun livery” place put out a pretty discouraging negotiations update today, but I would posit that it’s still a better gig than SkyWest. Having fun livery on your resume will DEFINITELY get you noticed by Delta or United quickly.

Yea, wasn't a great read…between that, the latests LEAP news, and all turns. Really need some good news…

It gets better:
• The 1600 PIC time doesn't start until you're accepted into the program. Any previous PIC doesn't count. This was explicitly confirmed during our "town hall."
• You can have at most four "unexcused absences." We don't have excused/unexcused absences at this shop. Someone asked one of the airline execs in the "town hall," and he coyly said "Our pilots know our attendance policy." (Every day we take, whether sick, emergency, etc, is one day. Calling out sick for a four day == four days. In other words, as it reads, call in sick for a four day and you're out.)
• Absences can't touch vacation, holiday, or training, or you're out.
• Any issues in training, such as an extra sim, and you're out.
• Pilots applying have to complete a full interview.
• There's some other stuff in there, too, but I'm just too over it rn.
I’m amazed (although I shouldn’t be) that some places can make a job suck even during one of the best hiring environments we’ve had in aviation. I hope you GTFO of there soon and everyone else that aspires to move on and they end up with egg on their face.

The union at the “fun livery” place put out a pretty discouraging negotiations update today, but I would posit that it’s still a better gig than SkyWest. Having fun livery on your resume will DEFINITELY get you noticed by Delta or United quickly.
They said no twice to me (and I talked with the other candidates, so I know the sort of folks who they accepted.)

I'm not joking about how many of my in-a-172-last-year FOs have class dates.

Glad for them. Don't know what to do for me—I seem to have hit a career dead-end.

No fun.

They said no twice to me (and I talked with the other candidates, so I know the sort of folks who they accepted.)

I'm not joking about how many of my in-a-172-last-year-ago FOs have class dates.

Glad for them. Don't know what to do for me—I seem to have hit a career dead-end.

No fun.

So dumb…
I don't know how recently you last tried, but were still bringing quite a bit of those 172-a-year-agos (slower now, but still going), and i imagine your experience would be gladly welcomed…, your background, what little I've gathered in passing here, being the showstopper seems odd to fathom for this shop.

But what do I know *shrug*

So dumb…
I don't know how recently you last tried, but were still bringing quite a bit of those 172-a-year-agos (slower now, but still going), and i imagine your experience would be gladly welcomed…, your background, what little I've gathered in passing here, being the showstopper seems odd to fathom for this shop.

But what do I know *shrug*
November :(

Back