Delta Application Check-list

See, to me that doesn't seem like the most literal interpretation, and besides according to my friend airline apps doesn't let you put N/A for dates.

I don't. Not available seems pretty literal. It literally doesn't exist or is impossible to find. The date thing, yeah that's hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

koliteral.jpg

on a semi-related note, why does airline apps store their passwords in plain text? I forgot mine and was very surprised to see it pop up in an email.
not like there's any personal information in there or anything...

on a semi-related note, why does airline apps store their passwords in plain text? I forgot mine and was very surprised to see it pop up in an email.
not like there's any personal information in there or anything...
Probably because need the pin too?

Sure, but his complaint was it doesn't address the logistics. He's already RTFQ, and trying to meet the intent of the request, but the precise information requested is, for some reason or another, unavailable, and he was hoping for some "best practices" for scenarios like that which I have to believe are pretty common for the guys that didn't go 4 years of college->CFI for the college->regional airline. Clearly people are making it work as there's lots of guys getting hired (or maybe it's only guys that have a file with start and end dates going back to that paper route [remember when those were a thing?] they did in junior high). Just what I heard from a friend of mine who's going through the process.

Hence, the "addendum" section.

Thousands of people are able to successfully complete the application.

Sure, but his complaint was it doesn't address the logistics. He's already RTFQ, and trying to meet the intent of the request, but the precise information requested is, for some reason or another, unavailable, and he was hoping for some "best practices" for scenarios like that which I have to believe are pretty common for the guys that didn't go 4 years of college->CFI for the college->regional airline. Clearly people are making it work as there's lots of guys getting hired (or maybe it's only guys that have a file with start and end dates going back to that paper route [remember when those were a thing?] they did in junior high). Just what I heard from a friend of mine who's going through the process.

Hence, the:

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 0116.05.png

section.

And completing the history regardless of verifiability or not as per the instructions.

I worked for my dad during my college summers and also some odd jobs. I didn't have any verifiable work history, but it wasn't anywhere near a large part of my work history. If a large percentage of your unverifiable work history is pilot related, there's a problem, but the smaller "I mopped the floors at Cloud 9", are missing some verifiability, it's alright.

Last edited:
Sooo I just got a fix-it email. It's looks pretty obvious and an easy fix. A week ago I updated my current job's aircraft "date last flown" to 01 JAN, but left 2016 in the year box, forgot to put 2017! :oops:
Upon bringing it up with my non expert comrades, I get mixed responses like "Hey that's exciting!" to "Oh that's too bad, your app just got put back into the stack for 12 months". I went to NGPA, so I was anticipating it being reviewed. Should I reply to the email saying what I fixed? Any thoughts on whats going to happen to my poor lil' app?

Last edited:
Sooo I just got a fix-it email. It's looks pretty obvious and an easy fix. A week ago I updated my current job's aircraft "date last flown" to 01 JAN, but left 2016 in the year box, forgot to put 2017! :oops:
Upon bringing it up with my non expert comrades, I get mixed responses like "Hey that's exciting!" to "Oh that's too bad, your app just got put back into the stack for 12 months". I went to NGPA, so I was anticipating it being reviewed. Should I reply to the email saying what I fixed? Any thoughts on whats going to happen to my poor lil' app?
Yes. Reply back.

I've been hearing of guys getting a call for interview in as little as 2-3 weeks after getting the fix it email so a fix it email is a good sign! Good luck!

Last edited:

FWIW...my fix-it email is pushing the 1 year anniversary, I fixed the problem and replied back within 15 minutes of receiving the email and haven't heard anything since.

Have someone review your app if you haven't already.

4 months since my fix-it in September. Went to the DAL expo in October and have not heard anything.

Where do people get this from? This is not accurate.

I haven't heard it stated as fact like that from anyone but there was concern from a group I spoke with at the the Expo. The logic they were using was that if your app was reviewed and that one time review generated a fix-it then you were subject to the waiting period before it would be reviewed again (which they all agreed was one year). Reading threads on here as well as on other sites that doesn't appear to be accurate because occasionally you'll hear of someone getting a quick call back. I will say that the overwhelming instances you read about have us waiting several months before you hear anything...if you hear anything at all.

I'm a part 91 guy and don't spend much time amongst the rumor mill and I hate the idea of spreading misinformation but you asked where that idea comes from and I thought I would share my experience.

I haven't heard it stated as fact like that from anyone but there was concern from a group I spoke with at the the Expo. The logic they were using was that if your app was reviewed and that one time review generated a fix-it then you were subject to the waiting period before it would be reviewed again (which they all agreed was one year). Reading threads on here as well as on other sites that doesn't appear to be accurate because occasionally you'll hear of someone getting a quick call back. I will say that the overwhelming instances you read about have us waiting several months before you hear anything...if you hear anything at all.

I'm a part 91 guy and don't spend much time amongst the rumor mill and I hate the idea of spreading misinformation but you asked where that idea comes from and I thought I would share my experience.

It's all good.

My friend says his company is really trying to squash out the internet rumors before they take a life of their own.

Back