Delta Application Check-list

That's kind of how bad rumors start and get propagated.

"Why did the applicant omit this?"

"Is the application complete or are there other omissions?"
Exactly what I was thinking. Unbelievable how some of this crap spreads.

That's kind of how bad rumors start and get propagated.

"Why did the applicant omit this?"

"Is the application complete or are there other omissions?"

Some people take the "need to know" a bit too far and consider themselves Secret Agent Man:

0538776a1e110b3fefd6a07d6c893ff9a34ac2c234a7cc21ea9418dc4928d728.jpg

Question...how does one obtain an internal referral from a Delta pilot? I am not a legacy kid; none of my friends have gone to Delta yet. Where do you all Delta pilots hang out and drink lol?!

Hey random question that I didn't know where to add but didn't want a thread conversation...

@Derg does becoming an FFDO at a regional hurt your chances at a major (frowned upon?)

It would not hurt or help because they have no need to know during the hiring process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peachtree City.

What a hole of a "town". So glad I don't have to commute there anymore to the TRACON.

The founding fathers of A80, who made up the committee to decide where we were going to move to, had the choice of PTC or an area in NE GA in the mtns and NW of Lake Lanier.

More than 1/2 of the committee lived in PTC and the rest is history.

Man I hated that town.

Some people take the "need to know" a bit too far and consider themselves Secret Agent Man:

0538776a1e110b3fefd6a07d6c893ff9a34ac2c234a7cc21ea9418dc4928d728.jpg
I just did my first application via the airlines apps website and went a little bit too "paranoid" with it. I went back and changed the address to at least show the country I was in at the time, but did leave the "duties" empty except for the word "classified."

I'm a military RW guy and I'm not even with the swoopy flyers for the most part. I imagine theirs will just say "pilot"

"Have you ever failed ANY check rides (military or civilian), including phase checks, proficiency checks, FAA check rides, or line checks?"

Saw the above question on the recruitment fb page with people commenting on it and the team explaining how many people have been having trouble with this question during the interview or application, and further explaining what it means.

I'm just curious, how is there ANY gray area here or how is this question in any way unclear? To where recruiters have to actually make a post explaining what it means to the applicants? If one's hand needs to be held and led through how to answer what is a very simple yes/no and explain question, then that's pretty surprising.

That one is pretty clear, but the one prior to it asking if you've failed any portion of "flight training" immediately followed by the checkride question makes it feel a little redundant to check both boxes for a failed checkride. I realized I had it messed up after this whole debacle and just went and ticked that box, because obviously when you read through it with the most literal, it doesn't make sense to check the failed checkrides box and not have ticked the other one. I just wrote 'see explanation below for failed checkrides' because it doesn't make sense to write about the failed checkrides twice.

"Have you ever failed ANY check rides (military or civilian), including phase checks, proficiency checks, FAA check rides, or line checks?"

Saw the above question on the recruitment fb page with people commenting on it and the team explaining how many people have been having trouble with this question during the interview or application, and further explaining what it means.

I'm just curious, how is there ANY gray area here or how is this question in any way unclear? To where recruiters have to actually make a post explaining what it means to the applicants? If one's hand needs to be held and led through how to answer what is a very simple yes/no and explain question, then that's pretty surprising.
With as broad as they've made the question, it's to the point where if you ever didn't do a maneuver to PTS on your first try at it during a lesson, you have to answer yes.

That one is pretty clear, but the one prior to it asking if you've failed any portion of "flight training" immediately followed by the checkride question makes it feel a little redundant to check both boxes for a failed checkride. I realized I had it messed up after this whole debacle and just went and ticked that box, because obviously when you read through it with the most literal, it doesn't make sense to check the failed checkrides box and not have ticked the other one. I just wrote 'see explanation below for failed checkrides' because it doesn't make sense to write about the failed checkrides twice.
Yes basically if you ever took two flights to complete a lesson the answer appears to be yes. Which seems like a dumb question because it's like asking "do you poop?"

The check ride question is clearly written for both military as well as civilian; as it covers all kinds of different check rides.

The previous question "any portion of" reads as whether you've busted a particular flight/sortie/sim etc, namely in a structured program such as where individual rides are graded and a busted ride affects progression. I read the question as referencing a program where a record of individual rides is maintaied, such as 141, UPT,
Etc, and again where failure of a particular ride caused non-progression. Not how someone was graded on every single maneuver ever performed in an airplane on an instructional ride in the process of normal learning. And to that, yes or no.

Back