Delta Application Check-list

It wants address history for last 10 years, but wants your complete employment history. I had a couple of work study jobs in college in which taxes don't get taken out. So I'm waiting to find out if those jobs are on my record. I just sent a request into the Social Security Administration to send my complete work history. It's a pain and costs money, but hopefully will be worth it.

It wants address history for last 10 years, but wants your complete employment history. I had a couple of work study jobs in college in which taxes don't get taken out. So I'm waiting to find out if those jobs are on my record. I just sent a request into the Social Security Administration to send my complete work history. It's a pain and costs money, but hopefully will be worth it.

Huh?

You're researching whether or not jobs you HAD are on your "record" to decide if you should list them? These jobs demonstrate both work and educational experience, are part of "your story", and would be part of your COMPLETE employment history.

Not meaning to be harsh, but it sounds like you're going through a lot of trouble (and expense?) to avoid following the directions on the app (Complete work history)...

How 'bout:

"Have you ever been convicted of any felony, misdemeanor, infraction, offense of other violation on any law?" (emphasis mine)

I didn't know "of", "or", and "on" were interchangeable. C'mon SJI, details!!!

On their custom addendum, btw. Gives me a headache every time I see it (every other day)...

Huh?

You're researching whether or not jobs you HAD are on your "record" to decide if you should list them? These jobs demonstrate both work and educational experience, are part of "your story", and would be part of your COMPLETE employment history.

Not meaning to be harsh, but it sounds like you're going through a lot of trouble (and expense?) to avoid following the directions on the app (Complete work history)...
I'm guessing what he means is that he doesn't know exact dates of employment on those jobs, the employer doesn't have it on file anymore, and rather than fudge the dates he's checking to see if the SSA has them on record. You'd be surprised how many non-airline employers flush their employment records rapidly, especially if those records are paper and they have since gone electronic.

I'm guessing what he means is that he doesn't know exact dates of employment on those jobs, the employer doesn't have it on file anymore, and rather than fudge the dates he's checking to see if the SSA has them on record. You'd be surprised how many non-airline employers flush their employment records rapidly, especially if those records are paper and they have since gone electronic.

This

I've got 5 or 6 jobs where the business no longer exists much less the building. So, no address, no phone number and no supervisor name. Hell, one of them the street doesn't exist anymore.

I don't have tax records from 20 plus years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This

I've got 5 or 6 jobs where the business no longer exists much less the building. So, no address, no phone number and no supervisor name. Hell, one of them the street doesn't exist anymore.

I don't have tax records from 20 plus years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The other fun one my buddy was telling me about was trying to correlate employment dates (that he couldn't find from 10 years ago) to dates that he was at various addresses (also 10 years ago). "Let's see, I lived at my buddy's folks' house for a couple weeks (or was it a month?) after I started at Employer A, but then when did I move into that apartment? I know I worked a summer job at employer B these two summers, but I'll be danged if I remember start and end dates, much less when I actually lived at my parents house in state A vs the dorms in state B that year..."
And all he gets from Southernjets is "use the most literal interpretation". Uh, ok...

Fair enough.

I used google earth to find the address of an office where I interned in '93. I knew it was the Spring of my Junior year (date). I remember my boss' name (he may not still be alive), and listed their National number.

Probably wouldn't work in all cases...

Thank goodness for security clearance applications. Made finding the zillions of addresses and work history stuff a breeze. It was actually kind of cool to go down memory lane when filling out the app.

It's so much more polite than "RTFQ", am I right? :)
Sure, but his complaint was it doesn't address the logistics. He's already RTFQ, and trying to meet the intent of the request, but the precise information requested is, for some reason or another, unavailable, and he was hoping for some "best practices" for scenarios like that which I have to believe are pretty common for the guys that didn't go 4 years of college->CFI for the college->regional airline. Clearly people are making it work as there's lots of guys getting hired (or maybe it's only guys that have a file with start and end dates going back to that paper route [remember when those were a thing?] they did in junior high). Just what I heard from a friend of mine who's going through the process.

Sure, but his complaint was it doesn't address the logistics. He's already RTFQ, and trying to meet the intent of the request, but the precise information requested is, for some reason or another, unavailable, and he was hoping for some "best practices" for scenarios like that which I have to believe are pretty common for the guys that didn't go 4 years of college->CFI for the college->regional airline. Clearly people are making it work as there's lots of guys getting hired (or maybe it's only guys that have a file with start and end dates going back to that paper route [remember when those were a thing?] they did in junior high). Just what I heard from a friend of mine who's going through the process.
I just put N/A in the spots where something is required but I don't know it. Best guesses on addresses using google maps but damn, Grand Forks has changed a lot.

I just put N/A in the spots where something is required but I don't know it. Best guesses on addresses using google maps but damn, Grand Forks has changed a lot.
See, to me that doesn't seem like the most literal interpretation, and besides according to my friend airline apps doesn't let you put N/A for dates.

Back