Da-40 g1000

I have a little info on The emergency gyro switch that I somehow just remembered. If you lose your battery, This switch will turn on the flood light and attitude indicator. It does this by D cell batteries hooked it up to it. If I remember correctly, It will for last either 30 or 45 minutes. Go with 30, just to be sure.

If you need to come here to learn about it, i dont think you should teach others to fly it.

But, heres some answers
The E or Essential Buss will give you the annunciator panel, batterey, essential avionics-bus (com1 nav1 gps1 xpdr) bus interconnection, flaps, flood lights, art. horizon, engine instruments, landing lights, master control (av master, ess bus switch, ess avionics relay, bus interconnection relay, av master relay) and pitot heat

The emergency gyro switch gives you the flood lights and artificial horizon in an emergency that would call for you to turn the master switch off.

and the altimeter, artificial horizon, and airspeed indicators are backups if the G1000 were to fail.

Hope this helps, but again, maybe you should get better aquainted with the airplane before teaching someone.

Everyone has to start somewhere in flight instructing. It may seem like the blind leading the blind, but being a flight instructor has a great responsibility with it. That responsibility is to remain safe. I think jhugz knows what he is doing, if not, he will research like all of CFI's.

Thanks holmes

I mean, can you possibly know EVERYTHING about an airplane in .5?
Obviously not if you have to come here to ask.
Granted im only a student pilot, but still, Step back and look at this, what would you do as a perspective student?

I have hundreds of hours in the six different makes and models we fly, I still blank on things, but I know the information when I need to know it or go find it with the student. Think about this a perspective CFI.

I think that some people here might not like the way many flight schools have to pinch a penny. My G-1000 check out was .9. I didn't like it, but that is the way it was. Jumping on JH for what the company hands down isn't right.
My next twenty hours was, "lets find that out together". It was very embarrassing, but when you get lemons make lemonade. DO NOT TURN THE FLIGHT DOWN. (didn't sound like you were anyway)

Oh and DCLTR (softkey on the MFD) stands for De-clutter, I lost one over not knowing that one. He was that type of guy though.

The conversation went a lot like you can imagine.

Have fun.

Everyone has to start somewhere in flight instructing.

True, but I would imagine a CFI in a 172 already has a lot more than a handful of hours in it. They may not have any dual given, but they do have a few hundred flight hours.

As for giving a checkout with little time in the plane, if I were someone that wanted to get checkout in a plane, and they guy doing the checkout had .5 hours in the plane and didn't know the systems, I'd want a new instructor immediately. I doubt I'm alone in that sentiment.

Is that fair? Maybe, maybe not, but it's my money and my life and I want the guy teaching me to know what he's doing. Having the basic monkey skills is not good enough, we all know there is more to flying than that. When I was a student and I flew with a guy that didn't make the effort to teach me squat, that pissed me off, because I'm paying for a service they are not providing. And I didn't care what the reason was.

Note: I'm not talking about having a hard time learning a concept, I'm talking about a CFI that doesn't put forth the effort.

I personally have about 800 hours of dual given, but I have almost no time in glass cockpits. If I were to be a CFI again and had to give a checkout in a Cirrus, I'd want to have more than 1 hour in the plane. CFI's have a responsibility to make sure the person they give a signoff to is going to be safe when they take the plane out without an instructor.

i had 3 hours in the DA40 before i solo'd it and i had already solo'd the 172SP with a G1000.

You a student pilot took it up after 3 hours.
You have a problem with a CFI taking it up after .5.

His .5 is worth a lot more than your 3.

Straighten up.

I wouldn't let an instructor with 1000 hours of dual go from a 172 to a 182. They have very different landing characteristics, not to mention they would probably toast a 30K engine.

Surely you're joking, right?

I've flown every SE cessna trike (except a 206 for some reason), and I can assure you that there is only a negligable difference between a 172 and a 208. If you can fly one, you can fly em all. Obviously the systems are different for each model, and every one has it's own personality, but a plane is a plane.

FYI I didn't have 15 hours in the 208 when I was released from IOE to fly as PIC under 135. I felt confident in my ability to handle the aircraft. IFR in and out of DFW OTOH had me a little on edge at first.

CFI's have a responsibility to make sure the person they give a signoff to is going to be safe when they take the plane out without an instructor.

In no way shape or form do I not plan to follow the above statement. I feel more then confident that I will do that and more. If you look back at my original post I do say I am trying to give the customer his moneys worth. I had a couple questions about some various items because our POH's are for the steam gauge 40's not the g1000. Only the airplane one is the correct one.

Straighten up.

Obviously not if im able to answer his questions.
Please dont talk out of your ass.

Straighten up.

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want the thread to go to the lav just yet:).

Chill man you are reading the material out of POH...I could do that also.
No, I knew what the stuff was, i knew where the stuff was.
So rather than just say that, i wrote it out, and verified from the poh.

I have 10 hours in the DA40 now and i wouldn't solo it (if i had the 90 day) seeing as i havent flown it in 6 months....

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want the thread to go to the lav just yet:).

Yeah, reading that again I guess I need to cool down and straighten up too.

It is tough on a CFI, company gives x amount, and me make due.

Yeah, reading that again I guess I need to cool down and straighten up too.

It is tough on a CFI, company gives x amount, and me make due.

Yeah that but beside a couple very minor beefs I am very happy with my immediate management. I am real happy were I am at.

My next twenty hours was, "lets find that out together". It was very embarrassing, but when you get lemons make lemonade. DO NOT TURN THE FLIGHT DOWN. (didn't sound like you were anyway)

"Yeah, lets find out together, but I am still gonna charge you $40 an hour" :whatever:

Don't turn the flight down because what is important is padding the old logbook and wallet. Damn the paying customer!!

[/QUOTE]

Oh and DCLTR (softkey on the MFD) stands for De-clutter, I lost one over not knowing that one. He was that type of guy though.

The conversation went a lot like you can imagine.

Have fun.[/QUOTE]

The type of guy who wanted what he was paying for??

"Yeah, lets find out together, but I am still gonna charge you $40 an hour" :whatever:

Don't turn the flight down because what is important is padding the old logbook and wallet. Damn the paying customer!!

You are right, next time i will make something up.
Go get a beer and calm.

Back