Couple of Questions on Changing Careers

I'm just a bit worried about the hiring forecast afterward in the 4th quarter. It'll be shortly before the holiday season kicks off - do airlines bring on new people during that time of year? They'll be dealing with juggling end of year vacations and the shortages that they entail but new dispatchers need airline-specific training before they can really help out with the scheduling.

I'm just a bit worried about the hiring forecast afterward in the 4th quarter. It'll be shortly before the holiday season kicks off - do airlines bring on new people during that time of year? They'll be dealing with juggling end of year vacations and the shortages that they entail but new dispatchers need airline-specific training before they can really help out with the scheduling.
I wouldn't be too worried. Carriers hire on need and demand. Depends on where you want to go as well.

Agreed with Softiee. I have seen hirings all times of the year, they do not worry about the holidays and all as we are staffed 24/7. There are always going to be people that can train for the floor training side.

Back