Colgan pilot grounded by terrorist watchlist

I had the same problem as well when I was flying...Its funny though because when you get to the airport and cut through the security line when your working no one says a thing..Its only when you have to check in because you cant do it online or at a kiosk that the fun starts....Its always great when you get a new gate agent who has the look of ####ting their pants when the hit comes up cause they dont know what to do.. But like someone else said, I often have to end up walking them though it, tell them which key to press, which page my name is on, and how to enter in the dob so that it will say no exact match y/n...etc what a pain in the ass...But then when you get to work, you walk up get your release and go fly and nothing stops you, no one has to clear you off any list..What a flawed system.. But unfortunetly there is little you can do since your name matches someone on the list....Their is a link you can go to at the TSA website to fill out an online form and then mail a form in to supposedly start the process but 2 years later and I am still on the list.. Also, I heard a rumor that the airlines were going to be getting a system to remove employess off the list, but dont know what happened with that either.. Well good luck and enjoy having to get to the airport earlier then you ordinatrliy would just to get cleared off some bs list...

Man this has me fired up, is there any contact info for this guy? What is the Colgan pilot group doing if anything?

I would throw some money down for his this guy's legal fund in a heartbeat.

Thank you! I only assume that the people that man this said "watch list" are about as competent as our devoted TSA agents at the airport...if that is the case...we better hope there are upstanding lawyers and citizens who try to keep these guys in check. That's all I am saying. Now off to watch some TV and enjoy a nice glass of wine...

Don't count on it.

Ted Kennedy made the watch list.

Yes, that Ted Kennedy. The senior Senator from Massachusetts.

He wasn't allowed to board until an airport supervisor got him on the plane.

And then it took weeks and several phone calls to Tom Ridge, who was then the head of homeland (in)security, to get him off the list.

So, if a sitting US Senator can get on the watch list and it takes weeks for him to get off it, what odds do you give to your average American being removed from the list?

There are nearly a million Americans on the list right now.

My brother in law said he was going to go as the scariest thing he could think of for Halloween. He came up with "The Patriot Act."

So while sipping my coffee this morning, I was watching a great TV show on the History Channel about Star Wars and the parallels to our own everyday lives. George Lucas did a great a job with mythology and modern themes for symbolism. Scary how these little things such as the "Patriot Act" can go so far...

"You are either with us or with the terrorists" G.W. Bush

Number of US aircraft damaged by people on the terrorist watch list in the last 6 years--0

Number of aircraft damaged by a *TSA agent* in the last 48 hours--9.

Who is a greater threat to aviation security again?

So while sipping my coffee this morning, I was watching a great TV show on the History Channel about Star Wars and the parallels to our own everyday lives. George Lucas did a great a job with mythology and modern themes for symbolism. Scary how these little things such as the "Patriot Act" can go so far...

"You are either with us or with the terrorists" G.W. Bush

You are a traitor and with the Rebel Alliance

Up to the point that I retired from the Air Marshal Program in April, we still had Federal Air Marshals on the watch list. Thats how screwed up the watch list is!!!!

Try explaining that to a Ticket agent:crazy:

CNN did a follow up the other day: 3 people, same name, and on the list. #1 was a retired US Attorney, #2 was a 121 CA/C130 pilot/FFDO, #3 was 8 years old. If this CA still has his job, what grounds does Colgan have?

CNN did a follow up the other day: 3 people, same name, and on the list. #1 was a retired US Attorney, #2 was a 121 CA/C130 pilot/FFDO, #3 was 8 years old. If this CA still has his job, what grounds does Colgan have?

No UNION. With an operational delay consideration, both pilots have problems that affect the company.

One has a Union to tell the company where to stick their ideas about the situation. One doesn't.

I'll probably end up on that list eventually because my posts are probably all over Google complaining about the TSA.

We'll be hangin together, then. Between my outspoken-ness (is that a word?), my reading choices and my research into other religions, I'd be surprised if I wasn't on some list already....

Don't count on it.

Ted Kennedy made the watch list.

Yes, that Ted Kennedy. The senior Senator from Massachusetts.

He wasn't allowed to board until an airport supervisor got him on the plane.

And then it took weeks and several phone calls to Tom Ridge, who was then the head of homeland (in)security, to get him off the list.

So, if a sitting US Senator can get on the watch list and it takes weeks for him to get off it, what odds do you give to your average American being removed from the list?

There are nearly a million Americans on the list right now.

Ya beat me to it Tony, my thoughts exactly!

If a Senator, especially one as well known as Ted Kennedy has trouble getting his name off the list, woe to the average law abiding American.

Thus the trouble with "lists".

I can hear David Bowie now......This is not America...

We'll be hangin together, then. Between my outspoken-ness (is that a word?), my reading choices and my research into other religions, I'd be surprised if I wasn't on some list already....

You are sir, nooo worries, you are! The VA farm boys in black suits will be stopping by the hacienda to deal w/ the likes of you. Standby! :p

You are sir, nooo worries, you are! The VA farm boys in black suits will be giving stopping by the hacienda to deal w/ the likes of you. Standby! :p

I'll be sure to have a game of COD4 running while playing as either the terrorists or the Soviets when they bust down my door. That'll seal the deal. :)

Back