Colgan pilot grounded by terrorist watchlist

Benjamin Franklin is credited with writing: "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

Give me a break :rolleyes:

Of course I side with the free (and not yet free) people of the world and not whackos who use violence to attempt to achieve their mission/ideals.

Shortly after the invasion of Iraq, we saw a banner saying "Mission accomplished" on an aircraft carrier, one of the great instruments of violence Americans use in an attempt to achieve our "ideals."

So, you have to make clear whose side you really are on; because both clauses of your paragraph describe every society in the world since the dawn of time.

That's an interesting piece on CNN about the watch list. As a foreigner, I have to ask, why do you let your government do these things? Actually a better question: Why do you pay your government to do these things?

I also know first hand how pointless the TSA background checks for student pilots are. Does the TSA actually do anything that makes people safer?

Anyone with too much time on their hands should watch 'The power of Nightmares'. It's on Youtube.

I also know first hand how pointless the TSA background checks for student pilots are. Does the TSA actually do anything that makes people safer?

Nope.

As a professional pilot, I'm seeing that I'm spending more time jumping through the hoops of the TSA (brought to you by the same people that gave you "You're doin' a heckuva job, Brownie!"), guessing what the FAA's after THIS TIME and wondering if I'm going to get reported because I had a correction on the radio "Repeat holding short RUNWAY 25R?" because of the FAA charging the overworked ATC guys with code enforcement.

A lot less time to concentrate on things like.... Flying the airplane safely. :)

(Yeah, I'm being a little fussy and overly dramatic)

Shortly after the invasion of Iraq, we saw a banner saying "Mission accomplished" on an aircraft carrier, one of the great instruments of violence Americans use in an attempt to achieve our "ideals."

So, you have to make clear whose side you really are on; because both clauses of your paragraph describe every society in the world since the dawn of time.

Good points, I am not sure how to phrase it. I don't believe it is so black & white as some would suggest (G.W. Bush). Once upon a time our Founding Fathers were the little guys battling against tyranny and now we find ourselves in a precarious position of protecting those very liberties here at home and not being overly imperialistic ourselves.

I think it is obvious we should all strive for peace and find ways to coexist, but to also hold all persons accountable for crimes against humanity. We seem to be getting closer and closer to that fine line of protection of our perosnal freedoms vs. a defacto police state. Just look at the poor pilot that this thread is all about. It is wrong in so many ways, words cannot begin to describe the frustration we should all feel.

If this doesn't want to make you (generally speaking) stand up and start a revolution then you should check your pulse! Or would it be a different story if his wife was also white and they were Christian?

Dude, what's with the Fu-Man Chu looking stash:

t1home.pilot.es.jpg

Is the company doing anything to help him? I just cannot believe that he would be canned like that. I just saw another article a few days ago on CNN about a FFDO (76CA) that had the same problem but he was being threatened with his job. He would go to security and then because of being on the list he ends up going to the ticket counter. Here he is, packing heat, about to take control of a multi-million dollar aircraft and he ends up on this list and cannot get through security. What a joke. :confused:

I think the Colgan guys on the Board are pretty "out" and are being discreet about commenting. This is completely understandable. That said, I am wondering what they think? From the sounds of it I think this guy is getting a raw deal. I just wonder if there is more to the story. If there isn't more to the story, I hope this guy wins his lawsuit in a big way.

A lot of the comments on that article are just disturbing. Is that what this country has come to now? I think this coming election will be the deciding factor for me. I'm realizing more and more that leaving the states for good may be best. Canada here I come.

Like Cruise, I only heard about this when I saw this thread, and it's very disturbing.

What would be the "mitigating factors" in this? He's been trying to crash his light twin in to a monument for a year but has somehow failed? He looks shifty? He bows the wrong way at prayer time? He's a "sleeper" who's just waiting for a chance to get behind the wheel of some "real iron" and kill YOUR family? Give me a break. We leave child molestor Warren Jeffs alone for years but pillory this guy with one wife and years of service. Why? Because "at least Jeffs is a 'Christian'". Just like Jerry Falwell and his scumbag ilk. :banghead:

PS. I'm keeping "leaving the States" in my back pocket too, but if you believe in Freedom as a way of life rather than a slogan meant to endear us to our new corporate/soccer mom/suburban swine overlords, maybe you should stick around and fight. My great grandfathers fought on both sides of the civil war and I guarantee you they'd both be on the same side today. I'll give you a hint: It neither the side of ethnic/religious prejudice nor of statist control from the cradle to the grave. It's the other side. There are a lot of us out there, we're well armed, and we're motivated. Don't throw in the towel on the Constitution just yet.

What? Would you explain that one a bit for those of us who are a little stooopid! :eek:

Lol, really? Well, okay!

RFID chips are basically GPS trackers. According to conspiracy theorist they will be implanted in humans in the near future.

According to my local #344 meeting last week this is said to be made mandatory. As all civil liberties are removed and the US and the world moves to the new world order and it's totalitarian/authoratarnism world government police state.

RFID chips will be implanted into humans to keep track of us and to punish us if we misbehave. RFID chips are said to be the mark of the beast.

In that there will be no more money in this futhre new world order. All currency and ID info will be on the RF chip, and if you make it on the bad list you won't be able to buy, sell or trade at all. Niether will anyone help you for fear of being added on the list.

You will be unknown.

But, no fear. Neo will come and save mankind from itself, while messing up a decent and some what original trillogy.

Lol, really? Well, okay!

RFID chips are basically GPS trackers. According to conspiracy theorist they will be implanted in humans in the near future.

According to my local #344 meeting last week this is said to be made mandatory. As all civil liberties are removed and the US and the world moves to the new world order and it's totalitarian/authoratarnism world government police state.

RFID chips will be implanted into humans to keep track of us and to punish us if we misbehave. RFID chips are said to be the mark of the beast.

In that there will be no more money in this futhre new world order. All currency and ID info will be on the RF chip, and if you make it on the bad list you won't be able to buy, sell or trade at all. Niether will anyone help you for fear of being added on the list.

You will be unknown.

But, no fear. Neo will come and save mankind from itself, while messing up a decent and some what original trillogy.

Oh, yea. . .almost forgot. Picture time!

RFID_hand_1.jpg

RFID_hand_2.jpg

Just say no to the beast! :p

So I was researching his case a bit more and came across this gem of a comment....

"What a shame. But, tough ****. He's not one of us, he is a MUSLIM. Just collateral damage because we want to be safe."

Yet another glaring case of pure stupidity in this country. Just...wow. :(

The MCP will control all of us unless Tron and Flynn get busy!
But really folks search out the following: zeitgeist, amero, and Bill Cooper. I've put some links in from wiki but there is more out there if you spend some time on it. I'm not really a theorist but these few do have some relevance and they don't seem far fetched. Hell I would love to know what my grandfather knew about the Masons as he was one and my father started the initiation but then decided it wasn't for him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist,_the_Movie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amero
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_William_Cooper

We are all in for a ride over the next 25 years.
Protect our constitution and live free or die.

Back