Chicago area - looking for a CE-500 or CE-525 series SIC job

BigZ

Since the wife really enjoys her fancy desk at the UAL HQ, I'm starting to look for a job up in that area.
930ish hours TT, CE-500 and 525 SIC on the certificate, need to add up the book for the breakdown, but CE-500 time is mostly in Ultra and a bit of Bravo, 525 in CJ and mostly CJ2+.
Currently "SIC and 3/4 PIC" in the CJ2+ in S Fla.
Also have CE-208B PIC time from driving that thing to the Bahamas and back. XC experience not limited to FL. Got my private in KUGN, flew Ultra into Midway and Gary few times. Live right next to KPWK.
Look presentable, good customer relations, able to sustain an intelligent converation :)
Appreciate the help!

There's an air ambulance operator at KARR that will put you in the right seat of a Lear at 1,000 I believe, can't think of the name off the top of my head right now.

There's an air ambulance operator at KARR that will put you in the right seat of a Lear at 1,000 I believe, can't think of the name off the top of my head right now.
Thank you, I'll have a look

R&M Aviation Inc D.B.A AeroCare Medical Transport
They currently advertise on JSFIRM, looks like for the PIC you need

Minimum Qualifications
1st Class Medical
ATP License
3,000 hours total time
PIC total time of 1500 hours
500 hours PIC multi-engine
300 hours in type
Valid passport and able to fly internationally

I'll give them a call

Last edited:
Not sure which gig is referenced in the question above.

No word from the AeroCare yet.
Drove around the airports knocking on doors the good oldfashioned way, actually ended up interviewing for a position and getting maybes on couple more. If nothing else it was fun.

Update so far
- still commuting to S Fla to fly the CJ2+
- declined 50/50 KA200/Ultra SIC ~200-250 hrs/year + 100 office days as DoT @40k
- yet to hear from anywhere else

At this point highly considering getting the ATP hours and signing up with a regional.
Hence, need a good way to go from 950tt to 1500tt as soon as practical and in the Chi land area (PWK ideally, but will drive). Need 50 hrs night (or 25, I think I have those landings), other atp mins met.
Anyone has any info on places like Windy City Flyers? what's the monthly hours look like?
Appreciate all and any help.

Update so far
- still commuting to S Fla to fly the CJ2+
- declined 50/50 KA200/Ultra SIC ~200-250 hrs/year + 100 office days as DoT @40k
- yet to hear from anywhere else

At this point highly considering getting the ATP hours and signing up with a regional.
Hence, need a good way to go from 950tt to 1500tt as soon as practical and in the Chi land area (PWK ideally, but will drive). Need 50 hrs night (or 25, I think I have those landings), other atp mins met.
Anyone has any info on places like Windy City Flyers? what's the monthly hours look like?
Appreciate all and any help.
40k for a Director of Training? Trolololol. Id go Skywest and never look back.

40k for a Director of Training? Trolololol. Id go Skywest and never look back.

But hey, that's just a nice little something to have on your resume, won't take more than maybe a couple of days a week. and just think of all the cool flying you get to do.

Shiny 135 jet job in DPA went to someone with more time and more turbine time. Oh well..
Still.. not enough CJ2+ flying last couple of months and no flying in my plane lately due to snow and stuff, feel like I'm gonna grow tabernacles on my @ss sitting around like that.
Anyone knows of a good way to make a semi decent living with my hours around here? ...and people talk down on FL for aviation jobs... ugh

Filler

Jet Logistics
Thank you
I did drive my resume to ARR. It's on file, but I was told they are not looking for SIC at the time

What's Filler?
Also Jet Logistics - looking at the historic positions at JSFirm everything appears to be out of NC?

@BigZ I used to be a dispatcher at Windy City Flyers in 2012. I still keep in touch with the guys in the office and about 6 months ago they were looking for SIC in their plane for the charter department but not sure which one. It was a twin prop. You should go talk to them and see what you can find.

@BigZ I used to be a dispatcher at Windy City Flyers in 2012. I still keep in touch with the guys in the office and about 6 months ago they were looking for SIC in their plane for the charter department but not sure which one. It was a twin prop. You should go talk to them and see what you can find.
I stopped by a while back and talked to Liz
Looks like a good place, I'd consider CFI'ing there, but there's not much of that happening in the winter months looks like. Other than that they had a charter Baron with a training contract attached.

Back