Jobs

Even if it were I'd tell them to take a hike.

I know for a fact some of these pay sites out put out false listings, steal from other sites, and take off other websites without asking.

I wish most employers would use monster.com or something free for everyone. Kind of sad that we have to pay to find jobs.

Yeah I really don't understand why companies would be listing exclusively on a "pay site". I've "paid" enough for this damn career with a $60k investment in training. There is no way I'm "paying" to see job listings. Things like this are ridiculous anymore. I belonged to a job pay site once, for 30days on a trial membership. Waste of time.

Yeah I really don't understand why companies would be listing exclusively on a "pay site". I've "paid" enough for this damn career with a $60k investment in training. There is no way I'm "paying" to see job listings. Things like this are ridiculous anymore. I belonged to a job pay site once, for 30days on a trial membership. Waste of time.

They make a dime any way they can.

First Officer, Skyway Airlines, WI
First Officer Positions Open at Skyway Airlines Connect to a great job with great benefits Connect to airline employee travel privileges Connect to Midwest Connect! Midwest Connect is operated by Skyway Airlines, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Midwest Airlines. Midwest Connect provides The Best Care in the Air to passengers with connections throughout the Midwest Airlines and Midwest Connect route system. We're fun, flexible and friendly, and we're looking for service-oriented people to join us. Minimum requirements: Total flight time: 700 hours Multi-engine: 50 hours Actual instrument: 25 hours. Interested pilots should send a resume to sue.kelly@midwestairlines.com

Anyonw with the Skyway minminums please apply... we are in desperate need of pilots. (and we are hiring into both aircraft!!!) I'd walk resumes in, but I don't think that my opinion has any weight yet. (as i am gearing up for CPT's and to take my oral for the 1900) This is a great place to work, good people, good QOL, great training.

Rich P.

Am I the only one amazed by those mins? There are some regionals that have mins that are higher than Delta's.

I wonder what is actually competitive though?

I asked the Vice-president of Flight Operations & Chief Pilot that very question and here was his response (emphasis added by me):

Thanks very much for your question and for taking the time to write. We screen for many factors to determine which pilots to invite for an interview. To this point we have not had any trouble attracting very qualified candidates, although our pool is likely to improve even further in the coming months due to several factors. Various external factors influenced the composition of our pool early on. For example, many military pilots will not be available for several months. As a result, the first group of interviewees was almost exclusively a civilian/RJ background. Additionally, once the US Airways bid went away, we noticed a significant increase in applications from about 2000 to 2400 over a period of seven days. As of today we have 2525 applications in the system. Finally, we do consider legacies, former Delta employees and other "familiarity factors" in the mix. So, in that sense, yes, it can help an applicant if the pilot is somehow connected with Delta (son or daughter of a Delta pilot, for example).

Generally speaking, with all else being equal, right now our competitive mins are about 4000 hours total time and 500-1000 PIC. I expect that to strengthen in the coming weeks as we get closer to bankruptcy exit and as more military pilots become available.

Thanks again Kevin.

Steve

Kevin

Back