CAPT program

[ QUOTE ]

Hi! I'm a total tool who just came by to start some crap! I know exactly how to become an airline pilot and you don't! You might as well not respond to my propaganda because I'm not here to listen anyway! I use exclamation points because it makes people consider my opinion without being offended!
sarcasm.gif

Thank you CAPT for degrading the degrees people earned at ERAU and reaffirming my decision to transfer to a competing university.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still Sucking your thumb I see. I must have hit a nerve.

[ QUOTE ]
scab-boy's keybank payments are just starting so he feels the need to 'justify' his decision to buy a job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either that or it's someone from CAPT management trying to discredit all the negative accounts we see here on a regular basis. I think it pisses them off that we have a way of receiving and providing the truth about programs like this. It's sad that their only recourse is to send people like this goaround guy out to make blatant and obvious attacks against this website. Jetcareers has become an island of truth and honesty in a sea of empty promises and money hungry schemes. Personally, I think this site has only just begun to create changes in the flight training programs out there. If CAPT thinks that they can send out some little jerk to undo all the good that this site does, think again.

1) I am not an ERAU employee but I am a long time grad.

2) Jetcareers is an awesome forum.

3) I was not critiquing jetcareers, I was critiqing captiscrap, which is nothing but crap.

4) Wear a raincoat!

Real world, what kind of numbers has CAPT been producing? What's the current success rate?

[ QUOTE ]
1) I am not an ERAU employee but I am a long time grad

[/ QUOTE ] You have made a total of 14 post at Jetcareers, all on the topic of the CAPT program. None have been critical of the program. For a 'long time grad' you seem to have an unusual interest in CAPT.

You even call anyone who points out that the CAPT program is a colossal waste of time and money a 'thumb sucking whiner'.

Yet, you are only a 'long time grad'. Sure, I believe you....

Why don't you get a real job instead of hanging out here trying to swindle money away from some prospective pilot.

[ QUOTE ]

Why don't you get a real job instead of hanging out here trying to swindle money away from some prospective pilot. [ QUOTE ]

Fine, if you don't want an opposing view and just want to talk with people that agree with you, I will leave!. Just because I don't work at ERAU does not mean that I do not want CAPT, or any other fledgling ab initio program, to succeed. Maybe the folks at the Hangar are up for a good arguement.

I was up at Flagler yesterday doing pattern work with a student and a CAPT Seminole pulled out in front of a Seneca on short final, then did an aborted takeoff. I got on the radio to let them know there was a Seneca on short final behind them and the CAPT instructor's words were, "They can go around." By the way, the aborted takeoff was simulated.

Totally uncool move.

[ QUOTE ]
I was up at Flagler yesterday doing pattern work with a student and a CAPT Seminole pulled out in front of a Seneca on short final, then did an aborted takeoff. I got on the radio to let them know there was a Seneca on short final behind them and the CAPT instructor's words were, "They can go around." By the way, the aborted takeoff was simulated.

Totally uncool move.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. They could've at least waited for the Seneca, especially if they were going to do a simulated abort. Even if they'd done an actual emergency abort, the decision to attempt an immediate T/O in front of short final traffic, wasn't prudent IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
How did you know The PA44 belonged to the CAPT Program?

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw them taxi over to the new CAPT facility at the approach end of 24/29. Also, I had the tail number and my buddy is a Riddle instructor.

I was more upset with the attitude of the instructor. Everyone makes mistakes, and maybe he didn't see the guy on short final. If I cut someone off I'm apologetic, I won't give attitude.

Are you positive it was on the 12th, and do you remember the time and the tail number?

Please feel free to reply private if you do not feel comfortable doing so on a public forum.

I need to look into this.

Thanks

I could check my logbook and see if it was on the 12th. It's doubtful I still have the tail number.

Initially I thought about calling the CAPT management up and letting them know about it, but after I calmed down a bit I figured everyone has their moments and hopefully they were having one of their own. I believe it's SOP at Riddle to roll out and exit the runway on a simulated aborted takeoff. Maybe if you speak with anyone from the CAPT program you could just mention to check and double-check base and final to verify no one is inbound, especially during an aborted takeoff. My goal isn't getting someone in trouble, but to see them fly safe and smart and also teach students to fly the same way.

Good day all,

My name is Seth Beckhardt and I am a Flight Crew Training Instructor at the CAPT Program. I have been with the program for more than two years and have served in a variety of capacities within the organization.

As you have probably guessed, we have been monitoring the threads at JetCareers regarding the program and I've been given the opportunity to address the questions and concerns about the program. Two ground rules about any submissions or threads, I will not answer personal attacks on anyone at the program and I will not answer any questions about the recently settled lawsuit. Other than that everything is fair game.

With that in mind, feel free to ask me anything and I will answer (or debate) to the best of my ability.

Blue skies and tailwinds,

Seth

Okay Seth, from the website:
[ QUOTE ]
CAPT graduates are ready for the real world of the airlines immediately upon graduation. As a result, CAPT graduates are sought after by airlines across the country.

[/ QUOTE ]

So how many graduates have been hired "immediately upon graduation"? Who hired them?

How many students have enrolled in the CAPT program since the beginning?

How many hours will a typical CAPT student leave with?How many of those hours are multi-engine? (I'm looking for actual flight hours not FTD)

Is the CFI still not a part of the program? If not, how do graduates of the program build hours after completion of the program?

Back