CAPT program

You can receive the Type Rating in the 737-200 for even a cheaper price. Go to www.fti737.com for information. The CAPT. program is not going to get you to the airlines any sooner. Ask them for a contract that guarantees a partial refund or course price for not getting a pilot position with an airline, after you graduate. It ain’t gonna happen.

Course Includes: 80 Hrs Home Study
40 Hrs Ground Instruction
24 Hrs Full Motion B737 Simulator
2.0 Hrs Simulator Checkride
Set of Training Manuals

Tuition: *$5,995
*Call for details

ACA’s Director of Operation talks to CAPT students and says he looks forward to hiring CAPT grads in … 2006.

The current students must be ecstatic.
shocked.gif

The reason ACA told them 2006 is because that is when they are projected to be hiring pilots again from many different areas (from the street, interns, etc). ACA reps came to campus and spoke to us about the ACA bridge program (NOT CAPT), they said that 25% of their newhires will be from the bridge pool, while the other 75% will be from others with higher flight times than those in the ACA bridge pool.

[ QUOTE ]
Potential students read the magazine ads and favorably respond to the 'fly here today, fly an RJ tomorrow'

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost like Westwinds ad in Flying that says "Airlines Rebound". They show two pilots in a sim they do not have. They do not even use a sim in their program. Misleading???
shocked.gif
...ILS

From the CAPT web site:

MILESTONE: CAPT PROGRAM STUDENT EARNS MD-90 RATING
500-Hour Pilot Is First Student To Do So.

Daytona Beach, Fla., March 31, 2004 - The Commercial Airline Pilot Training Program is pleased to announce that Captain Wade Wallace, a member of the first Experienced Pilot class, has become the first student of the program to earn his Boeing MD-90 EFD type rating. Captain Wallace, who joined the program in October 2003, flew nearly flawlessly during the 4 1/2 hour checkride. Furthermore, because it was his first type-rating, he performed under the "no waiveable items" standard of the FAA's Practical Test Standards. The type-rating also represents a milestone for Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University as the first turbo-jet type-rating issued by an ERAU Program.

Gary Morrison, program manager for the MD-90, veteran airline captain and check airman, said, when asked about Captain Wallace's performance, "this is truly a watershed event in the history of Embry-Riddle and aviation training. Captain Wallace demonstrated to the FAA's satisfaction that a 500-hour pilot is capable of the command judgement necessary for an Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate."

Captain Wallace's type-rating on his Commercial Pilot License (CPL) will automatically transfer to an ATP when he acquires the prerequisite hours.

http://www.erau.edu/omni/sp/dbcapt/news.html

An MD-90 type rating?

A 737 might be valuable, but condsidering there are only 16 MD-90's in the United States...

[ QUOTE ]
An MD-90 type rating?

A 737 might be valuable, but condsidering there are only 16 MD-90's in the United States...

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it a DC9 type rating, but some stipulation it stating it is for the MD88/90?

[ QUOTE ]
Ahh yes, true.

I stand corrected!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

I wasn't really correcting you, but I am just remembering all those posts people ask you about the differences between DC9's, MD88's, MD90's, 717's, and you usually say the cockpit, length, and what not. But you always say something about the fact they are all DC9 types anyway!
grin.gif

I always forget that!

I wouldn't mind taking a hop around the patch in a DC-9-15 with the 'hard wing'. It looks like a sports car!

Yeah, 16 MD-90's, and how many DC-9's? Only NW, and AA operate the, right? Btw, anybody have any idea as to when Northwest will retire the DC-9's?
wink.gif
just kiddin!

A 500 hour pilot with an MD90 type? This is something to be proud of? Heck...I've been at UPS for 14 years and I don't have a jet type. There is a lot more to being a professional pilot than a piece of paper....

"Capt Wade Wallace"...give me a friggen break....

ah Doug, I was just playin with ya!
grin.gif
didnt add the sarcasm tags, and thought I might get a few laughs askin when the DC-9's would be retired by NWA....still bad humor on my part.. that part hasnt quite developed for me yet
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Captain Wallace's type-rating on his Commercial Pilot License (CPL) will automatically transfer to an ATP when he acquires the prerequisite hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that right? How can it automatically turn into an ATP?

2 of my friends got a citation type rating and they are no where near the 1500 hour mark, so does this mean once they get there it automatically turns into an ATP?

-brian

Correct. Even though a type-rating checkride and an ATP checkride are more or less the same, they're two seperate checkrides unless you fill out an 8710-form for both at the time.

Kind of weird.

It’s been 10 months - CAPT has its first grads and still no interviews for their self claimed "Captain" rated students and CAPT has not placed one pilot (students that is, many of their instructors have left the program to work for regionals and charter) into the airline industry. Do not waste your money on the Embry Riddle Handi”CAPT” Program, it is not delivering.

Well it has been a year since CAPT started its 10 –12 month CAPT program and they will not be graduating any students today. CAPT management has once again shown their incompetence and brought more financial damage to the students that started this program trusting them to operate professionally. These guys will not grad now for another month or two AND CAPT STILL HAS NOT GOT ANYONE HIRED !!! After a year. 6 months ago they were claiming SERVERAL INTERVIEWS in place, yet today their website mach’s this same marketing propaganda. Why, because they lied. They did not have them in place and they could not get them…

Their 4 month program students that started in Sept & Oct did not grad until the middle April. CAPT finally go them an interview in June, but they have not heard anything back from Airtran. Yet CAPT is saying on there sight that they are awaiting to here about their training start date… The Truth is they are waiting to hear anything back. CAPT is trying to imply hearing nothing back means you can expect a training start date… HHmmmm. Nice Integrity…

www.captiscrap.com

Back