CAPT program

[ QUOTE ]
Well it has been a year since CAPT started its 10 –12 month CAPT program and they will not be graduating any students today. CAPT management has once again shown their incompetence and brought more financial damage to the students that started this program trusting them to operate professionally. These guys will not grad now for another month or two AND CAPT STILL HAS NOT GOT ANYONE HIRED !!! After a year. 6 months ago they were claiming SERVERAL INTERVIEWS in place, yet today their website mach’s this same marketing propaganda. Why, because they lied. They did not have them in place and they could not get them…

Their 4 month program students that started in Sept & Oct did not grad until the middle April. CAPT finally go them an interview in June, but they have not heard anything back from Airtran. Yet CAPT is saying on there sight that they are awaiting to here about their training start date… The Truth is they are waiting to hear anything back. CAPT is trying to imply hearing nothing back means you can expect a training start date… HHmmmm. Nice Integrity…

www.captiscrap.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost embarassed to go here...

Riddle could have done good for themselves and stayed out of this line of work. I know Riddle has to take pride in producing good thinking pilots with real good situational awareness and stick skills, but come on...this kinda stuff just doesn't need to be attached to the Riddle name.

Leave it to places like Gulfstream... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bandit.gif

[ QUOTE ]
These guys will not grad now for another month or two AND CAPT STILL HAS NOT GOT ANYONE HIRED !!! After a year. 6 months ago they were claiming SERVERAL INTERVIEWS in place, yet today their website mach’s this same marketing propaganda. Why, because they lied. They did not have them in place and they could not get them…

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple of points. I, by no means, am a fan of the CAPT program. I do understand some of the rationale because they're trying to compete with schools that advertise the 'throw us a heap of money and we'll get you a job' glossy Flying magazine ads. But that doesn't make it right. They're advertising a 'bill of goods' that is nebulous at best.

My other point is that no school can 'get you hired'. Only YOU can land the job and the moment people realize that, they're less apt to run around like headless chickens between unnecessary programs like CAPT and others.

Like I said earlier, target quality flight schools, not marketing schemes created to efficiently seperate you from your parents dough.

I can guarantee you that I can buy a Beech Baron, say that "Doug Taylor Flight School has a 100% placement rate with the regional airlines and how they're blowing up my telephone looking for my graduates" and I'll have a line forming at the door by monday morning. The marketing works because people are so blinded by getting a pair of epaulets, that they'll believe most anything.

Guaranteeing an interview? That's pretty easy. Heck, I could probably get my cat an interview.

And before the hate mail starts, I'm a Riddle graduate and I'm sure the other alumni of ERAU that are on this site are equally disgusted.

[ QUOTE ]
And before the hate mail starts, I'm a Riddle graduate and I'm sure the other alumni of ERAU that are on this site are equally disgusted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

Don't get me wrong, I think ERAU has a quality, albeit highly expensive flight program, but I think they need to pull their 'dog' out of the "Glossy Flying Magazine Advertisement" fight and refocus on quality education over marketing hype.

But that's just me and last I checked, my former university never axed for my opinion! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Speaking of glossy magazine ads. I have noticed several adds in the flying mags about the CAPT : One Career, One Year Blah Blah Blah… Aug and Sept issues.

I find this interesting advertising since they have not had one graduate of the 10-12 months program yet that started 14 months ago. And only 2 grads for the 4-6 month program (which due to mismanagement took them 9 months). Plus if you notice the 4-6 month program has been removed.

The students that started last Aug 03 and Sept03 are still waiting to wrap up training, and have nothing to look forward to after graduating. They have nowhere close the hours needed for 135 opportunities and no CFI to instruct with.

Just more evidence of Embry Riddle CAPT managements incompetence and false advertising.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/spin2.gif

I agree AJM....I found it humerous that in one ERAU article they referred to the guy who completed the program as "Captain" whoever. Hell I can stick on a captain's uniform for Halloween and call myself Captain Alec /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I did, when I was 10..............In a way though you cannot blame Riddle for starting this CAPT program. They have to keep up with all the other institutions such as Pan Am etc that offer these intensive 1 year programs. It's all $$....doesn't make it right, but I think students really need to get past these glossy adds in Flying and AOPA pilot etc and realize that quality trainining can also be found at your local FBO for half the price of your two kidneys. I mean I ran across a brochure that I had requested from Pan Am a few years ago, and the prices to get from 0 hours to instructor is INSANE. They had a chart saying it would take 230 months to repay a full loan for the course. I about crapped myself on that one. Airlines could give a sh** where you trained at. As long as you have the hours, ratings, and perhaps a referral that's what matters. I've seen guys from my flight school (which granted is having A LOT of business), but nonetheless is still a small FBO school get hired with numerous regional, and corporate companies. I don't know that's my 2 cents. Work hard, play hard and you will be successful...hopefully.

Still no grads from ERAU Handi"CAPT"

quote: www.captiscrap.com ,
Oct 5, 2004 It has been 14 months since CAPT’s first 10-12 months program started and they still have not graduated any students from the 10-12 program. In fact their Sept Class is now 13 months with no one graduating, and their Oct class should have graduated at the end of Sept but they did not. But if you look at the ads they are putting out CAPT claims “One Year” & “One Career” Interesting they are able to advertise this when they have not produced either one. No students have graduated from the 10-12 month program in a year nor has CAPT helped anyone establish an aviation career, I take that back their flight instructors keep leaving for flying jobs… What should that tell you future/current CAPT students? Why don’t you ask CAPT to show you how many hours all their instructors have to prove to you they have the qualifications they said you would get from CAPT instructors Wait… if you do that they will just change their website again, right?
Graduation dates have past for many of you any many more are coming due and will pass as well. You better wise up and take a STAND !!!
Integrity is not a value ERAU CAPT possesses.

Trouble @ ERAU CAPT Program...

The Program Director resigned this week.

As misguided as his direction was the CAPT Program is now with out any direction...

www.captiscrap.com
banghead.gif

Question,

How many suckers fell for the CAPT program?

I'm just curious.

I'm told that nobody has gotten a job with their 400TT and MD-90 type. But I wonder how many people have signed up and paid for something pretty useless.

Maybee they can rent a C-150 for 100 hrs and then apply for a VFR 135 job, if they can find one.

After 17 Months CAPT has produced only 8 grads and 2 interviews and 0 jobs. But they have collected more than 4 million dollars
shocked.gif
in tuition..

Lawsuit depostions against ERAU CAPT PROGRAM begin late Jan
wink.gif

Organized Theft

did a little digging.........
acording to Boeing:

"The Boeing MD-90 is an advanced twin-engine, mid-size, medium-range jetliner. The MD-90 has seating for 153 passengers in a mixed-class configuration. Deliveries to airlines began in February 1995. The last MD-90 was produced in the first quarter of 2000. The company produced 114 MD-90s ."

By the time these suckers have the time required to fly one, the MD-90 will probably be rotting in Mojave.

By comparison...........
acording to Boeing:

"4,739, 737 aircraft have been delivered as of November 2004"

WTF, if they are gonna keep ripping people off at least make it for a plane that is common, unlike the super rare MD-90.

(dangit this post probably got all the ERAU CAPT managment babies' panties in a bunch. so they'll have to go cry and send a b!tchy nasty-gram to Doug telling him to delete this misleading, slanderous post.)

I know ERAU management reads this site. Why don't you come on here and address these issues, instead of being passive aggresive p*$$ys with your nasty-grams? Why don't you de-lurk and prove us wrong?

Re: Organized Theft

If they're getting a type in a MD-90, then they're actually recieving a DC-9 type; which means they are legal to fly anything from a DC-9-10 to an MD-90.

[ QUOTE ]
If they're getting a type in a MD-90, then they're actually recieving a DC-9 type; which means they are legal to fly anything from a DC-9-10 to an MD-90

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the question is "Is Northwest hiring for the DC-9?" Who else flies DC-9s now? Midwest is moving to B717 ala Airtran, and I think Hawaiian is doing the same thing (if they can stay in business). I'm pretty sure the 717 is a separate type rating. If that type goes for that, these poor guys' best bet is to instruct somewhere and hope to god they can get on with AirTran.

The type rating is only good for the MD-90 EFD which only a few were built for the Saudi's. Boeing was the prime trainer for the Saudi's. But they had France build them some sims so Boeing put this one up for lease and CAPT grabbed it. Yet another point to the competency of the management at CAPT

The type rating is not good for any other aircraft except this specific plane flying in Mid East. Plus the type rating is restricted because they will not have been able to perform 3 takeoffs and landings in the actual plane nor will they ever likely be able to.

well actually i am a riddle student and got to go in the MD-90 sim, and the guy in charge said that you get a type rating in a DC-9 not sure why, concidering the plane is all glass.

adam

Dudes I'm not sure if you understand: you get a type rating for an AIRFRAME, not a specific avionics setup of an airframe. You get a type rating on a 737 and you can legally fly a 737-200, -300, -400, -500, -600, -700, -800, -ONE HUNDRED MILLION! (they'll get to that soon, it'll be as big as central America). While an airline is going to make you go and get specific training on each category of aircraft you're going to be flying for them (that's for insurance), from a legal standpoint (FAA) you can jump in any DC-9 and be legal to fly it.

[ QUOTE ]

And it's not like they're typically stupid or lazy. They just don't know any better. Someone really should start a website to edumacate them people.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's one .

Back