California Coastline fly in food

At KHAF if you park at the very very southeast ramp, not where the cafe on the airport is, if you walk down the path through the gate there are 7 or 8 places to eat. Can't go wrong with any place you pick.

KSAN: Machado's ** or the 94th Aero Squadron ***
KSMO: Typhoon **** (popular sushi place) or the Spitfire Grill **
KCMA: Nice on-field grill **
KSBA: Elephant Bar **** -- on the beach, short walk from the airport
KHAF: what caliginousface said
O69 (Petaluma): Runway two-niner Diner **
KAPC: Jonesy's Steakhouse, in terminal ***

KMYF: Machado's or the 94th Aero Squadron
KSMO: Typhoon (popular sushi place) or the Spitfire Grill
KCMA: Nice on-field grill
KSBA: Elephant Bar, on the beach, short walk from the airport
KHAF: what caliginousface said
O69 (Petaluma): Runway two-niner Diner
KAPC: Jonesy's Steakhouse, in terminal

Fixed it for you! :)

BDHill- If you're planning to hit KVNY (and you should) let me know - I've heard of a good BBQ place up there from a few people and I'll find out the name of it if you're interested.

Yeah:

• I meant KMYF, not KSAN (brain fart, I only earned my private ticket there....duhhh!)
  • I didn't say Machado's was the greatest...it isn't.
  • There's a 94th Aero Squadron at KVNY? I did in fact mean MYF...it's right next to the tower, or used to be. (It's been a while since I hung out at MYF, can you tell?)
  • I did in fact mean Beachside at KSBA, just couldn't remember the name and the Elephant Bar was the first place to come up in a brief search.

ace

I have no idea where we are stopping but now I have something to work with

Should be in San Diego by around noon, then heading north

Adding hours to my plane huh?

Freaking Mark, can't get him to commit to anything.
Actually we ended up having a fuel injector act up a few minutes after leveling off at FL200 and we turned around. I'm bummed, the winds were perfect. I thought for sure I was going to break my groundspeed record today.

Next weekend though probably.

KSBP has a really good restaraunt at the field and its a pretty airport to fly into.

I second the restaurant in SBP! It's been a few years, but I remember it was pretty good. Not sure if there are any restaurants on the field in MRY, but it's a cool airport to fly into.

Back