Boarding Pass replaced by Shock Collar?

Why are people so quick to believe anything they read no matter how outrageous? From the Washington Times blog:

Shocking, but False

Sometimes it just amazes me how these stories evolve. Let me start off by saying that the Department of Homeland Security’s Science & Technology Directorate nor TSA have been pursuing shock bracelets for airline passengers as alleged by the Washington Times Blog.

This allegation stemmed from a misleading video posted on the Lamberd Website which depicts an ID bracelet that would contain identifying information as well as the ability to stun the wearer. The company claims to connect use of such a device to DHS and TSA, but no discussions between these agencies has ever taken place.

This all originated from a meeting held two years ago with a private company representative (not Lamberd) who proposed bracelet technology in response to the TSA's desire to find less-than-lethal means to detain an apprehended suspect.

The bracelet was never intended to replace boarding passes, contain ID information or be worn by all passengers as asserted in the Lamberd video and discussed in the Washington Times Blog.

The hypothetical use of the bracelet would have been for transporting already apprehended prisoners and detainees at prisons and border patrol facilities, and DHS was looking to see if there were potential air travel applications for apprehended suspects.

This concept was never funded or supported by the DHS or TSA and hasn’t even been discussed for two years. The letter circulating throughout the blogosphere from Paul Ruwaldt was not addressed to Lamberd and merely states the DHS was interested in learning more about the technology. Neither side followed up.

DHS/TSA does NOT support the asserted use and has not pursued the development of such technology.

July 8, 2008 at 5:08 p.m.​

I'm not necessarily saying I believe that the DHS is seriously considering use of such technology for non-threat passengers, but dude.....you do realize that the govt. only fesses up to about 10% of what they actually are up to even when directly accused.

A LOT of this kind of thing goes on and your tax dollars fund it. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if the money used to develop the technology was a govt. grant. People that actually believe that the govt. is not up to no good such as this spend too much time in a field grazing on green grass.

It's a good thing when these little snippets make it to the public eye...It makes it much harder for the man to slip this nonsense by until it's too late.

Ben Franklin said it best, "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

This is tantamount to Lo-Jacking human beings, which would be next if some govt bureaucrats had their way.:mad:

This is the only state that knows whats up:

nh2002.jpg

(I grew up in NH, and agree 100% with it's state motto)

I like the way you guys think... (my future home in 14 days and my signature)

Back