Birdstrike

francis03

had a birdstrike today on takeoff.... got it on video (0:47)

Flock of birds crossing the runway as I was accelerating...

[YT]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eV5nAX537gc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eV5nAX537gc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YT]

I love the chunk that rolls over the wing!

Hopefully you made the student clean that up.

the prop is fine and the wing just has some bird pieces smudged on it...

I hope I had a student to clean it but Im just a PPL!!

The camera was on a gorillapod on top of the seat

That was cool you had video of your birdstrike. I saw that happen to someone while in a traffic pattern when the pilot in front of us hit some birds. He was ok and the plane had no damage.

looks nasty. had a bird strike about 7 months ago, it definitely caught my attention. the bird really ate it through the prop, and ended up all over the wing strut and flap.

Nice!

Almost had a pretty nasty strike recently myself. I rotated up, and at about 100' came within, oh, probably 5 feet of tagging at least one Canada Goose. We're talking 10-15 pound bird at 110-120 KIAS on initial climb. Woulda be fun!

Nice!

Almost had a pretty nasty strike recently myself. I rotated up, and at about 100' came within, oh, probably 5 feet of tagging at least one Canada Goose. We're talking 10-15 pound bird at 110-120 KIAS on initial climb. Woulda be fun!

Just ask Sully and Skiles :)

Thank god these birds were small and I was still firmly on the ground. Otherwise I would have had a Sully moment without a Hudson River to land on. Nothing big really. A bird just got shredded by the prop as far as I saw but when the maintenance guys swept the runway, they saw another detached head. So, i guess I hit 2. No bent metal (prop) just a stained prop and a wing with pieces of bird on it.....

Was Michael J. Fox the cameraman or something?
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I shouldn't laugh at the guy, but that was great.

When I came in from RNO tonight in the back of a CRJ a nice sized bird slammed into the CA's window. Left quite a splash.

Back