All lies?

He's obviously loaded.. Most kids who go to ERAU these days have the money to pay for it. Go if you want, Alex. There is no point in trying to dissuade him.

How much is their online program? It might be a good idea to do the online program and just fly at an FBO. The only thing you are going to get out of Riddle is textbook knowledge. Flying is flying, but I do think there is merit in taking some classes to expand your knowledge base.

213,200$ for 2010-2011.
If I
  • Don't have any majors I would enjoy and any jobs I would rather do than this one
  • Can afford it without needing to pay loans in advance
  • Would love to have the whole collegiate aviation experience
  • Would kill myself if I worked in a cubicle for the rest of my life
Then isn't it worth it?
I mean when you "enter" the aviation industry there are some risks that you are going to have to deal with such as losing your medical or getting furloughed. Whoever enters the aviation industry should be willing to risk those possibilities, right?

Alex,

You remind me a lot of myself. Hey man, you've asked this question on this forum a few time's now and lately I've only been observing, but it really sounds like you've made up your mind already. Follow your dreams and go to ERAU! I am happy I did and I am sure you will be as well. Best of luck:cool:

The way to go it seems now for most students who want to fly is to major in Aeronautics and pick up a Air Traffic Control, Flight Safety, or Homeland Security minor. And do flight part 61 to save money. At the same time you are still taking the Aeronautical Science classes for all the good professional knowledge.

The ERAU ratio isn't that bad anymore. Most of the girls are pretty friendly and cool to hang out with, pending on you don't come off as a creeper. :crazy:

A lot of the professors seem to be very helpful with giving good gouge and knowledge on anything and everything aviation related. Most of them are retired airline captains and military aviators so they spend a lot of time telling stories in class to keep it interesting.

I know what you mean. It's a pretty attractive school. I would love to go there, but when I look at the prices, I just can't bring myself to do it.

Back