All lies?

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I would put a recent graduate of my no frills regional school employer up against a UND or Riddle grad any day. Would I expect my student to be a better aviator than one from the above mentioned schools (or any big name aviation university)? Nope. I would expect the students to be just about equal. Would the riddle grad be more connected? Who knows, but I do know that my little school has graduates out all over the place.

At the end of the day it's all about learning how to fly. A fairly standardized activity. The big name schools do not have some secret method of teaching flight. So you have to ask yourself, do you want to spend $200k to learn how to do steep turns and chandelles or do you want to spend $60k to learn how to do steep turns and chandelles.

[YT]Niv5bfnJ3Hw[/YT]

That's all you need to know.

Oh come on! That is a rather extreme exageration. Flying like a SR-71 Blackbird is still just a dream of mine!

As for Riddle Vision: most of the girls at Riddle aren't ugly in the least! Though the ratio is true that in a class of about 20, only two will be girls... Maybe a girl isn't the best judge on this issue...

What my experience with Riddle though is that I honestly loved it there. Walk around campus, you're bound to find something fun to do. The buildings are interesting, the teachers knowledgable and love talking to students, and there are a lot of minors to choose from with interesting classes you can attend. I found a decided love for Aviation Safety and got a minor in that area, focusing mostly on Accident Investigation.

You really aren't going to get the same experience at a state school, but everyone has something that they may prefer.

[YT]Niv5bfnJ3Hw[/YT]

That's all you need to know.

Love it..
Honestly though, sure ya can come over here but there is zero reason to attend a school like that. Get your ratings at an FBO, and major in somthing besides AVIATION. Plus, you can wear what you want when ya fly. I prefere wearing a polo and cacky shorts. I call it good, I can't imagine looking like that while while a GA aircraft... I'm sure an airline captain would crap himself laughing.

Love it..
Honestly though, sure ya can come over here but there is zero reason to attend a school like that. Get your ratings at an FBO, and major in somthing besides AVIATION. Plus, you can wear what you want when ya fly. I prefere wearing a polo and cacky shorts. I call it good, I can't imagine looking like that while while a GA aircraft... I'm sure an airline captain would crap himself laughing.

Here is something you also learn at Riddle: spelling and grammar.

All lies? No, not really. A bit misleading, in an attempt to get you to drop 100 large at their school? Probably.

All lies? No, not really. A bit misleading, in an attempt to get you to drop 100 large at their school? Probably.

A Hundred large? When did Riddle drop their prices? Last I heard you were looking at 180k total and that's without the CFI.

213,200$ for 2010-2011.
If I
  • Don't have any majors I would enjoy and any jobs I would rather do than this one
  • Can afford it without needing to pay loans in advance
  • Would love to have the whole collegiate aviation experience
  • Would kill myself if I worked in a cubicle for the rest of my life
Then isn't it worth it?
I mean when you "enter" the aviation industry there are some risks that you are going to have to deal with such as losing your medical or getting furloughed. Whoever enters the aviation industry should be willing to risk those possibilities, right?

A Hundred large? When did Riddle drop their prices? Last I heard you were looking at 180k total and that's without the CFI.
Yikes.

By all accounts Riddle is an excellent education. However, the general consensus seems to be that it is not worth burying yourself under a mountain of debt.

213,200$ for 2010-2011.
If I
  • Don't have any majors I would enjoy and any jobs I would rather do than this one
Then isn't it worth it?
I mean when you "enter" the aviation industry there are some risks that you are going to have to deal with such as losing your medical or getting furloughed. Whoever enters the aviation industry should be willing to risk those possibilities, right?
Jeebus! Buy a 1/5th share in a King Air 90 and log nothing but multi turbine pic for that kind of dough.

213,200$ for 2010-2011.

If I
Then isn't it worth it?
Hey, Alex...I'm back in ATH until tomorrow evening. I am in Glyfada again. Lety's meet up.

Joe

213,200$ for 2010-2011.
If I
Then isn't it worth it?

Are you freaking kidding me? That's significantly than my friend has and she's in medical school!!

No, getting into aviation for that much money is absolutely not worth it. There are other ways to do it for much, much cheaper.

I'm at FSI right now for some training, and my sim partner told me he has $120k in debt from aviation college/training. He's working three jobs, and is barely making it. That sounds like a living hell to me.

Back