All lies?

aviatoralex

Smartass
[YT]<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kteJN5vPhn8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kteJN5vPhn8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>[/YT]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kteJN5vPhn8

4:11

I don't know why I am considering this, since I have done SO MUCH RESEARCH the obvious answer would be public state university and then FBO route. But there is something, and I am not sure what, that makes me want to get my degree in a University like Embry Riddle or Purdue, or UND etc. Is it the experience I will be able to get? Will I be proud that I spent 200k+ on a University? What is it? lol?

I enjoyed the hell out of riddle. But as I've said a millions times, Riddle was cheaper than Umass for me, and Riddle gave me a scholorship. Their costs now are the definition of outrageous. Flight training costs in general are outrageous.

I enjoyed the hell out of riddle. But as I've said a millions times, Riddle was cheaper than Umass for me, and Riddle gave me a scholorship. Their costs now are the definition of outrageous. Flight training costs in general are outrageous.
Hey jynxyjoe, what part of MA are you originally from?

I also talked to ERAU at a college fair yesterday and it didn't seem terrible but there are other options i am considering more.

Hey jynxyjoe, what part of MA are you originally from?

I also talked to ERAU at a college fair yesterday and it didn't seem terrible but there are other options i am considering more.

Hey 1B9, what part of MA are you from? :)

I'm also definitely thinking of other options than Riddle when it's that time.

lol. aviation collages... :bandit:

OP, stay in Greece, fly at an FBO and get a useful degree at a local university [: best of luck.

lol. aviation collages... :bandit:

OP, stay in Greece, fly at an FBO and get a useful degree at a local university [: best of luck.

lol I am definitely going to live in the US, I can't stand this country because everything is just terrible. It's different when you are here for vacation.

Watching that video, I wanted to throw up so badly. Look, I really enjoy the heck out of the academic stuff at the school. There are classes and instructional areas here that I couldn't get anywhere else I looked at coming out of high school. But when it comes to the specific flight department, I have more negative than positive to say about it. Is the program bad for everyone, probably not. But it isn't for everyone, that's for sure.

The airline uniforms are so pretentious. :rotfl:

And to the OP, I think I've said this before, but dude...you're 14! Too soon to worry about how you're going to learn to fly. At least wait a couple more years and get yourself a girlfriend for now. :)

The airline uniforms are so pretentious. :rotfl:

And to the OP, I think I've said this before, but dude...you're 14! Too soon to worry about how you're going to learn to fly. At least wait a couple more years and get yourself a girlfriend for now. :)

I do that stuff, too but after I come back from hanging out with friends I have the last couple of hours of the day and I like to spend them on researching for my future. I am a sophomore now so next year as a junior I have to start visiting schools and taking SAT's.

I wouldn't say all lies. Mind you, I went the part 61 route after I graduated from college. I just flew at a local FBO and worked at the same time. Doing it that way saved me money, but I also blew a lot more time.

That being said, I think there is something to be gained from learning something in an academic environment. Can I learn it by myself, sure. But I think it is easier to learn in a formal classroom setting. I have been learning as I go, and it has worked thus far. If I have some question, I try and look up the answer. The formal classroom environment can build a better base of knowledge to start with (IMHO). This is assuming the student is actually studying of course.

So in the end either way works. But for me, it would be nice to get a formal class or two just for fun. Maybe I can take come extra courses down the road, who knows... :)

lol I am definitely going to live in the US, I can't stand this country because everything is just terrible. It's different when you are here for vacation.
Even though I am getting tired of Greece since I go there often, every place I go has it's problems. Yes, Greece is going through rough times (okay, uderstatement of the year, but...) but has a ton of history, some good people, and is still alive.

Where are you in ATH? I was just there for a few days, and travel there at least once every 2-3 months. We usually stay in Glyfada or Voulougmeni. I will let you know next time I'm heading yout way, if I can remember.;)

I don't know why I am considering this, since I have done SO MUCH RESEARCH the obvious answer would be public state university and then FBO route. But there is something, and I am not sure what, that makes me want to get my degree in a University like Embry Riddle or Purdue, or UND etc. Is it the experience I will be able to get? Will I be proud that I spent 200k+ on a University? What is it? lol?

I'm new to the school but from what I'm hearing riddle offers alot of crew resource management and other helpful classes that airlines are looking for. Granted they probably teach the same information once your hired. Not sure as to the accuracy as I'm just a new guy, but so far its fun.

Even though I am getting tired of Greece since I go there often, every place I go has it's problems. Yes, Greece is going through rough times (okay, uderstatement of the year, but...) but has a ton of history, some good people, and is still alive.

Where are you in ATH? I was just there for a few days, and travel there at least once every 2-3 months. We usually stay in Glyfada or Voulougmeni. I will let you know next time I'm heading yout way, if I can remember.;)

Lol I live in Voula. 5 mins from Vouliagmeni. I'll shoot ya a pm with my info

Back