**Big News For February Applicants**

KindaRadley

I know this has been covered, but I think it deserves its own thread....

I talked with OKC today, and here's the AWESOME scoop.

All the states are meeting on June 10th. They just found this out on Tuesday and have not announced it.... The lady I spoke to (who I shall keep unnamed) said that within the next 10 days, they will have the referral lists up for people who applied for the February announcement and sent in their geographical preferences. They are "scrambling to get it done by the 10th, but they will have it done" she told me. So, no matter what state you selected, EVERYONE is meeting in one BIG panel on June 10th!

Once the states meet, she said within 1-2 weeks to expect an e-mail AND a phone call if you are selected to interview at a PEPC. Also, she said that it is "wise" for us all to apply to the May 30th application, even though it said not to.... the more applications, the more we will be recognized!

So... looks like our long wait is finally coming to an end!!! :nana2:

**SINGS A HYMN OF JOY!!!!**

Awesome news, thanks for the update! I have been trying to call off & on for the last few days but haven't had much luck (as usual). Thanks again!

Also, she said that it is "wise" for us all to apply to the May 30th application, even though it said not to.... the more applications, the more we will be recognized!
Not to hijack the thread, just a comment- The more applicants they get to apply, the better the FAA will look in front of congress.

Wish the Feb apps the best!

I just thought I'd throw this in there, I was at the Chicago PEPC last week and overheard they were doing 3 PEPC's in July, probably for you lucky Feb 08 applicants, damn you haha. Wish my process could've moved along half as quickly! Anyway, I think I overheard them say something about Denver and DC and maybe somewhere in TX...can't remember the last one, sorry. Good luck to you all, though.

Question-- Is there any chance a Feb applicant who is "well qualified" would *NOT* make it onto any referral list?

And if you did make the list, what are the chances of not being selected for an interview?

Not sure if you guys know the answer, but y'all seem to know alot more than me, so I thought I'd ask

Thanks

Propcircles,

Whether you make it to a specific referral list or not seems to be entirely dependent on which states you select. Referral lists are basically the top X number of applicants that applied to any particular state. If the state you put down is a popular one listed by many applicants, then it would be more competitive to make it onto that particular state's referral list, though I'm sure "well qualified" would put you closer to the top of that particular list. And again, being selected for an interview would seem to be highly dependent on how many individuals that particular state plans to hire - probably far tougher to get an interview for Delaware (which has one facility), versus an interview for somewhere like Cali or Texas.

I just thought I'd throw this in there, I was at the Chicago PEPC last week and overheard they were doing 3 PEPC's in July, probably for you lucky Feb 08 applicants, damn you haha. Wish my process could've moved along half as quickly! Anyway, I think I overheard them say something about Denver and DC and maybe somewhere in TX...can't remember the last one, sorry. Good luck to you all, though.

Well they're having the Memphis and New York PEPCs in July (both of which are being offered to the 2007 applicants right now, so we'll get the scraps so to speak when it comes to availability at these). I'm really hoping to attend the Memphis PEPC as it would negate having to buy a plane ticket.

Just to add to the original message. I emailed Brenda Rogers with the FAA yesterday to turn down an interview invitation for a position in Indiana and I ended up getting a call back from a guy named Matt who wanted to verify that I was still interested in working for the FAA. He looked over my geo preferences for the Feb announcement and said they would be meeting in June. I didn't really ask for more information, but his story seems to be coinciding with what the original poster stated in this thread. Definitely good news!!!!

Not to hijack the thread, just a comment- The more applicants they get to apply, the better the FAA will look in front of congress.
:yeahthat:

Question-- Is there any chance a Feb applicant who is "well qualified" would *NOT* make it onto any referral list?

And if you did make the list, what are the chances of not being selected for an interview?

I was "well qualified" and I've been on 2 referral lists for GA and I didn't even make the one for VT and I have not gotten called. So yes, there's a chance you won't get on a referral list, and if you DO get on a referral list, there's a chance you won't get called.

Not sure if you guys know the answer, but y'all seem to know alot more than me, so I thought I'd ask

Thanks

I'm not an expert, but when I took my AT-SAT in Chicago and asked the FAA rep about what to expect next, he explained that the VRA "well qualified" candidates have priority over the public OTS applicants. They basically get first dibs on any opening should they qualify, and then everyone else is ranked below them.

:yeahthat:

I was "well qualified" and I've been on 2 referral lists for GA and I didn't even make the one for VT and I have not gotten called. So yes, there's a chance you won't get on a referral list, and if you DO get on a referral list, there's a chance you won't get called.

What two referral lists for GA were you placed on? Were they 2007 announcements?

What two referral lists for GA were you placed on? Were they 2007 announcements?

Referral list FA-AAC-08-10464 (25 Jan 08) and Referral list FA-AAC-08-10464R (12 Apr 08).

they're both for the 2007 announcement.

I didn't even get on a referral list for Burlington, VT... who even wants to go there?! haha

It's not cool not getting a job that almost everyone else is getting, i've also applied other places and I'm not even getting calls back for those places! :crazy:

It's not cool not getting a job that almost everyone else is getting,
That's what I'm worried about, it would be my luck. . . I'm basically expecting that.

i've also applied other places and I'm not even getting calls back for those places! :crazy:

Join the club!! I have a Bachelor's degree in broadcasting (3.8 gpa) and I was turned down for a min. wage (well, $7/hr) job at a po-dunk, 24/7 infomercial local TV station... (along with being rejected by all the *real* tv stations in town... )

I don't know what the deal is, but brother, I feel your pain.

Join the club!! I have a Bachelor's degree in broadcasting (3.8 gpa) and I was turned down for a min. wage (well, $7/hr) job at a po-dunk, 24/7 infomercial local TV station... (along with being rejected by all the *real* tv stations in town... )

I don't know what the deal is, but brother, I feel your pain.

sister :p

I have a BS in meteorology (a big part of air traffic, but not big enough for it to help me get a job, apparently haha) I can't believe they pay you that little to be on TV. They'd have to pay me like $3245483 an hour!! I'm dismayed that I haven't been called yet, but I'm glad at the same time... with the state the FAA is in, I don't know if I want to be a part of that yet, even if it means losing seniority to thousands of people.

sorry... stereotypes, ya know. . .

I can't believe they pay you that little to be on TV. They'd have to pay me like $3245483 an hour!!
It's astounding really. I'm a retard for picking that degree... it's a field littered with raging egos and slimy aggressive narcissists. i just wanted to run the cameras...

I'm dismayed that I haven't been called yet, but I'm glad at the same time... with the state the FAA is in, I don't know if I want to be a part of that yet, even if it means losing seniority to thousands of people.
As you can tell, my options are limited...

I'm off topic, my apologies to the forum

Sunday, June 8th doesn't sound right... last time I called OKC they said they were working hard to try and finish the lists, and would probably be working on those right up to the meeting.

I have a relative at ORD who spoke with someone on the panel. He said that on June 9th and 10th they were meeting.

Back