Best Restaurant by Airport…

Frontera ORD, best airport food in the US.

I was there last week, for the first time in a long time. They no longer offer the shrimp as a protein choice, so I’m crossing them off my list. Then I find out Gold Coast dogs no longer does their Gyros. ORD is dead to me now.

/thread
Cafe Rio in SLC for killer steak tacos

Cousins BBQ for brisket/Dicky's for burned tips in DFW

La Carreta in MIA for pretty much anything (Gotta try that other place, Ku Va, heard about it from two sources now)

Decent bison burrito (more like a wrap) in the Taco shop in BZN

I’ll be the third vote for Ku Va, much better than La Caretta.

MIA based for a few years, and still spend too much time there.

If you're from Michigan:
3DA: Liberty diner
1630597224122.png

KJXN: The Apron

Back in my Avantair days, used to go to the Waypoint Cafe at KCMA all the time. Great menu and still one of the best breakfast burritos I’ve ever had.

I think we can all agree that the “breakfast burrito” was invented by a bachelor with a bad hangover.

“Uh man, what a night! What’s in the fridge? Hmmm, an egg, some cheese wiz, sausage from a leftover pizza, and…oh, hey some old tortillas!

I can make this work!”

That topic may deserve its own thread...

I know it’s not Mexican is any way, but unless it’s gone way downhill the Heidi’s breakfast burrito in Denver is amazing.

That opens up a whole new can of worms, is a chili relleno burrito a “breakfast burrito”?

A chile relleno is appropriate for consumption 24hrs a day.

Maniac Mike’s at KCCB.

Speaking of CCB, there’s a Mexican place called Patty’s about 2.5mi west of the airport on Foothill next to the Stater Bros. It was there when I was in college 23yrs ago and it’s still the exact same place. They make their own tortillas and their burritos—especially the chile relleno—are unbelievable. Totally worth a $5 Uber.

I think we can all agree that the “breakfast burrito” was invented by a bachelor with a bad hangover.

“Uh man, what a night! What’s in the fridge? Hmmm, an egg, some cheese wiz, sausage from a leftover pizza, and…oh, hey some old tortillas!

I can make this work!”
Because of this and the eventual regurgitation, I have come to despise breakfast burritos.

Speaking of CCB, there’s a Mexican place called Patty’s about 2.5mi west of the airport on Foothill next to the Stater Bros. It was there when I was in college 23yrs ago and it’s still the exact same place. They make their own tortillas and their burritos—especially the chile relleno—are unbelievable. Totally worth a $5 Uber.

I get around that area a few times a year, now I have somewhere to seek out and try. I appreciate the point out and look forward to it!

Strongly disagree. The quart sized serving of Red Beans and Rice from Popeyes. With extra oil separation, please.

But only NOLA Popeyes.
Fair enough. I suspect the best solution, especially in my 6th decade, is to avoid hangovers.

Back