Best Diet for Pilots?

I get that but you said spaghetti squash instead. Why not switch to whole grain pasta?
The pasta often lacks the fiber to counteract insulin spikes. Same reasoning behind eating whole fruits rather than juicing them. The squash also tends to be much more nutrient-dense.

By all means though, if you can find whole grain pastas with high amounts of natural fiber, go for it. It's just that the store bought varieties are usually stripped of natural nutrients (then enriched later), and are low in fiber.

Good info. The dairy argument is interesting to me. Some articles tell you to stay away and others say chocolate milk, greek yogurt, and certain cheeses are good for you. I guess moderation is the key. I was never a big milk guy but cheese is hard to give up. Seems like everything gives you cancer.

Good info. The dairy argument is interesting to me. Some articles tell you to stay away and others say chocolate milk, greek yogurt, and certain cheeses are good for you. I guess moderation is the key. I was never a big milk guy but cheese is hard to give up. Seems like everything gives you cancer.

Yeah, there's a lot of conflicting info out there about cheese, and dairy in general. The main points for me were strong links to prostate cancer, as well as studies showing that western, high-dairy diets don't particularly do anything to combat osteoporosis and bone degradation. In fact, western cultures often do worse.

Oh, I am getting myself in shape. But not in the ridiculous and miserable way that you insist is necessary.
I simply speak from experience, and have good science to back it up. I lost 50 pounds and have managed to keep it off for 12 years. I've been through diet failures, calorie counting, and all manner of weight fluctuations as a result. I think it's a decent resume, of sorts.

80% compliance along with a reasonable level of physical activity. That's it. No calorie counting, no making yourself go hungry while eating bland, "low fat" foods. Learn to cook good tasting dishes that are also good for you. It's straightforward, and it works.

If anyone would like to *actually* discuss it with me further, I'm more than happy to do so. But, a calorie count and the number on a scale are not the complete measure of a person's health.

ATN_PILOT is right. Don't want to gain weight? Just count calories. Weight is all about calories.
So, lemme ask you something.

A Big Mac has 550 calories. Let's say I eat three Big Macs in a day, which adds up to 1650 calories. I burn 2000 calories, which is a 350 calorie deficit.

I'll lose weight, but will I be healthy eating three Big Macs a day? Will three Big Macs each day provide me with adequate nutrition to protect against heart disease, diabetes, and cancer?

There must be other factors for good health, right? Hmmmmmm...

I've posted my results. Hell, I've posted my lipid profile, too. Horse...water...why won't you drink?! :)

So, lemme ask you something.

A Big Mac has 550 calories. Let's say I eat three Big Macs in a day, which adds up to 1650 calories. I burn 2000 calories, which is a 350 calorie deficit.

I'll lose weight, but will I be healthy eating three Big Macs a day? Will three Big Macs each day provide me with adequate nutrition to protect against heart disease, diabetes, and cancer?

Your chance of developing those problems will go up, yes. By enough to make it worthwhile to eat weeds instead? No.

Horse...water...why won't you drink?! :)

Because your water tastes like bull feces. The horse would rather have a soda.

Back