Be careful....

And you keep ignoring the fact that the only thing that would identify the guy as being Hispanic isn’t even used anymore. But if you want to keep pretending you have any clue how the hiring process for ATC works go ahead.

You're hilarious. The FAA is specifically targeting only certain "diverse" communities for recruiting. You don't need a "biographical questionnaire" when you're already discriminating against groups of people in your recruitment efforts.

You're hilarious. The FAA is specifically targeting only certain "diverse" communities for recruiting. You don't need a "biographical questionnaire" when you're already discriminating against groups of people in your recruitment efforts.

They’re targeting them to apply. That is not the same as hire. And got a link for this source you’re using?

I just did one, and the most horrible thing I found was that there’s some social media campaign trying to get women and minorities to apply for the rigorous screening process you’re taking about.

Todd is off the rails here.

I did one as well and not finding what he is talking about which is why I asked for a link

1677342712913.gif

I did one as well and not finding what he is talking about which is why I asked for a link

I think we found what he’s whining about.

If the FAA is actually lowering standards to hire a more diverse workforce…that would be an issue.

But thinking “dang, there’s an untapped segment of American society that we could recruit from, let’s make sure that population knows we’re an option” is not some cataclysmic racial Armageddon.

And this represents the fundamental divide that is ripping apart the nation. You think it's perfectly okay to target specific communities and not others. We think this is obviously racist.

And this represents the fundamental divide that is ripping apart the nation. You think it's perfectly okay to target specific communities and not others. We think this is obviously racist.

Let’s think about this, Todd.

Organization A, for <whatever reason>, has traditionally hired white guys. And now they’re having trouble filling positions.

So they think “hey maybe women and minorities aren’t aware of this career path for <whatever reason>….maybe we should let them know that there’s an aptitude based hiring process they may not know about”.

You thing that’s racist?

Let’s think about this, Todd.

Organization A, for <whatever reason>, has traditionally hired white guys. And now they’re having trouble filling positions.

So they think “hey maybe women and minorities aren’t aware of this career path for <whatever reason>….maybe we should let them know that there’s an aptitude based hiring process they may not know about”.

You thing that’s racist?

Targeting specific groups based on their race is always racist. Period.

I'll also add, if I did this in housing, HUD would fine me $16k for a first offense, $37,500 for a second offense, and $65k for each offense after that. Funny how the government is okay with targeting certain demographics themselves, but if we do it, even in favor of the very same demographics, they come down on us like an iron hammer. And you idiots on the left applaud both cases. :rolleyes:

But the pool isn’t being limited. Groups that weren’t targeted before are now being targeted, but the original pipeline is still open.

Yes, you're allowed to apply. But you aren't being targeted for recruitment while certain groups are, which means those groups will apply disproportionally. Again, the government doesn't allow this in housing and specifically calls it discrimination, but they're allowed to do it themselves.

Back